3+ Year Old Account

Protection Pala's Divine Toll question

Pretty simple question

Does Divine Toll fire off 5 individual Avenger's Shield, each bouncing to additional targets or just hit 5 enemies with a single non-bouncing Shield?
    And do the 5 initial hits proc the Silence and (if talented) First Avenger's Shield?

Your Avenger's Shield will have its cast(as if you threw it yourself) normal, meaning that if you're standing with 20 enemies, and use Divine Toll, it's going to initially hit 5, grant a holy power per initial hit(up to 5), silence included.
    It will then bounce further, I think the talents apply to the use of Divine Toll and are included in its effect(s)!

Meaning you will be able to have an incredibly strong pull-mechanic or multiple instant silence effects whenever wanted/needed, ofc counting the cd of the spell, it's incredibly strong for m+, but falls off heavily for raids.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualGaming View Post
    Your Avenger's Shield will have its cast(as if you threw it yourself) normal, meaning that if you're standing with 20 enemies, and use Divine Toll, it's going to initially hit 5, grant a holy power per initial hit(up to 5), silence included.
    It will then bounce further, I think the talents apply to the use of Divine Toll and are included in its effect(s)!

Meaning you will be able to have an incredibly strong pull-mechanic or multiple instant silence effects whenever wanted/needed, ofc counting the cd of the spell, it's incredibly strong for m+, but falls off heavily for raids.
    Ah, brilliant. Thanks!!
    I'll be the offtank in my Guild so on fights with adds they'll be my job to handle and Divine Toll will work beautifully there then!

It will without a doubt work great there! So far Prot Paladins are looking very strong, I have to say, overall, they're not the greatest at off-tanking, but depending the level you're playing at, they're "at worst" going to be sub-optimal, but defensively and damage wise they're looking beautiful!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualGaming View Post
    It will without a doubt work great there! So far Prot Paladins are looking very strong, I have to say, overall, they're not the greatest at off-tanking, but depending the level you're playing at, they're "at worst" going to be sub-optimal, but defensively and damage wise they're looking beautiful!
    From what I see they'll also work wonderfully as OT with emergency heal bursts on progress. With the right build you can heal often and strongly.
    Last edited by Artale; 2020-09-27 at 05:00 PM.

Oh don't get me wrong, they have ALL they need as it is now, and potentially more, the thing is, their ability to pick up loose trash is frustrating unless you have it set up nicely to make it easier, such as Typhoon's to push them, Tricks And Trade and Misdirect(from a non BM hunter) for threat!
    Fx. monk is a lot easier due to totem+taunt, or dk with grip and mass-grip! I more meant in this sense, Divine Toll will do nicely for it, but problem for Prot Paladin is getting your threat up on targets at a range or if they're spread out, Divine Toll will give a quick burst of threat, but with even just a few dps going to the adds it can get chaotic as Paladin, if your group isn't disciplined, but ProtPala is so much fun to play, it has the damage, self-healing, some fun cd's and multiple immunities! I think SL will be a good expansion for Paladin!

Divine Toll is obscene, I'm playing beta with First Avenger + the legendary that makes SotR deal 30% more dmg per target hit by Avenger's Shield + a conduit that makes your targets take x% more holy dmg (based on conduit level, mine is currently 23% at level 2 or 3 out of 15) for 5 seconds after getting hit by Avenger's Shield + a conduit that gives Divine Toll a 40% chance (at level 1) to affect it's first target 2 more times. I pop wings and a single Avenger's shield on pull to get the dmg buff up, then Divine Toll, then SotR. The burst damage is absolutely nutty.

You can also pre-build Holy Power before pulling if using Blessed Hammer, as it doesn't require a target to generate.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

divine toll is the new frontier for paladin

1 target silence with holy damage +4 bouncing target with holy damage. you can hit 5 but only 1 get silence

Quote Originally Posted by kane8907 View Post
    1 target silence with holy damage +4 bouncing target with holy damage. you can hit 5 but only 1 get silence
    No,thats not how it works.

It sends an Avenger's Shield to up to 5 enemies, silencing them all. Then they all bounce up to 4 enemies each, doing damage, not silencing them. So if there are 5 enemies, you can damage them with 25 avengers shield and silence 5 of them

Hello there. Sorry for hijacking the post,but somewhat relevant. I want to make an alt prot paladin mainly for m+ spam and some pvp action and I see that Divine toll is like a musthave. Is it true or I can be any other covenant,since I really hate Kyrian looks and quests etc (ma main is a kyrian dh aswell:/)

Quote Originally Posted by Leenathe View Post
    Hello there. Sorry for hijacking the post,but somewhat relevant. I want to make an alt prot paladin mainly for m+ spam and some pvp action and I see that Divine toll is like a musthave. Is it true or I can be any other covenant,since I really hate Kyrian looks and quests etc (ma main is a kyrian dh aswell:/)
    Venthyr is arguably a better choice for raiding and hard-hitting tyrannical m+ bosses. It isn't "bad" for M+ at any rate. If you're not mythic raiding or pushing high (so 15+) keys, it probably doesn't really matter which covenant you choose though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    (this isnt adding to the prot side, but let me tell you: HPAL divine toll feels ABSOLUTELY INSANE, I love it)

Does it feel weird that Kyrian just looks like it would be for paladins and a ton of hpals, rats, and prots are all Kyrian due to how decent Divine Toll is.. idk just feels weird to me