Lore behind these guys?

Any Lore or reference here? Just seems like having all these named npcs mean something...

In Boralus

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think there's any known lore or easter egg type references for them currently, no.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Every now and then in random expansions there are named NPCs that are modeled after what " player characters " would look like or represent: usually in dungeon/raid gear, in groups of 3 - 5, seemingly all different classes. i like that Blizzard does this every now and then: it shows that there are other adventurers/heroes out there that aren't the player character.

not saying that this picture is directly that... but it looks like it to me. It looks like what you could construe as a rogue, Prot warrior (or prot paladin), mage, priest and Ret paladin (or arms warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think there's any known lore or easter egg type references for them currently, no.
    Yea i actively looked for some signs but nothing significant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    Every now and then in random expansions there are named NPCs that are modeled after what " player characters " would look like or represent: usually in dungeon/raid gear, in groups of 3 - 5, seemingly all different classes. i like that Blizzard does this every now and then: it shows that there are other adventurers/heroes out there that aren't the player character.

not saying that this picture is directly that... but it looks like it to me. It looks like what you could construe as a rogue, Prot warrior (or prot paladin), mage, priest and Ret paladin (or arms warrior)
    I can buy this, quite possible imo.

Joe Millard's a famous Western Writer. So, these guys are probably book writer Easter Eggs, or something like that.

It's possible they could be references to Blizzard staff members, or friends of one.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Joe Millard's a famous Western Writer. So, these guys are probably book writer Easter Eggs, or something like that.
    Not so famous for every one it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Not so famous for every one it seems.
    Well, yeah. It's only natural. Not everyone likes Western stuff. Especially Western literature.

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Millard did write the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there also some NPCs in Boralus that look like they're literally playing D&D?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Ahh those guys. One of them is tagged as being a member of Gilneas faction and has Gilnean human voice-lines while the other 4 are tagged as Stormwind. No idea what are they referencing though.