Thread: WB = RIP Server

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    It's not and that's exactly why Blizzard didn't want to make classic server in the first place.

They knew it would be a cesspool of cancerous toxicity, incorrect opinions, regressive mentality and broken gameplay/progression.

They were right, everyone who wanted it was wrong (unless they also knew how it would turn out and wanted this, which is even more concerning because it's not right to want that shit).

At least it hyped up the entire franchise overall and retail is turning for the better in the end.
    I knew it would be like this from private servers and i like it why is that wrong?

It's not and that's exactly why Blizzard didn't want to make classic server in the first place.

They knew it would be a cesspool of cancerous toxicity, incorrect opinions, regressive mentality and broken gameplay/progression.

They were right, everyone who wanted it was wrong (unless they also knew how it would turn out and wanted this, which is even more concerning because it's not right to want that shit).

At least it hyped up the entire franchise overall and retail is turning for the better in the end.
    You're right, the players were wrong, everyone is inferior to you.

Honestly try to be a little less condescending and people might acknowledge that take without scoffing. The players were wrong? I'm pretty sure the 1-60 experience, dungeon experience, professions, talents, and every other thing were massive highlights and the most fun I've had in WoW in years. Suddenly there was a community again.

Did the raiding fail? Of course. Why would cleared content be difficult? If you wanted difficult raids, or base the success/failure of classic off the difficulty of the raids, you've missed the point entirely.

But let me guess, I'm wrong for thinking that? Your inside sources at Blizzard told you that? Okay. Nice accurate profile picture btw.

Why exactly is this bothering you?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    I knew it would be like this from private servers and i like it why is that wrong?
    For the same reason some people enjoy having someone else shit in their mouth. Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean it's right, doesn't mean your mental state is stable, doesn't mean it's healthy. There's plenty of stuff in life that we should not do yet still do based only on the principle that "I like it so it can't be wrong", which of course is not true.
    Enjoying something that is bad is not good, it even gives devs the idea that it's a good thing to work on this old bad thing instead of putting effort on something new, original and fresh that could make the industry move forward instead of backward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You're right, the players were wrong, everyone is inferior to you.

Honestly try to be a little less condescending and people might acknowledge that take without scoffing. The players were wrong? I'm pretty sure the 1-60 experience, dungeon experience, professions, talents, and every other thing were massive highlights and the most fun I've had in WoW in years. Suddenly there was a community again.

Did the raiding fail? Of course. Why would cleared content be difficult? If you wanted difficult raids, or base the success/failure of classic off the difficulty of the raids, you've missed the point entirely.

But let me guess, I'm wrong for thinking that? Your inside sources at Blizzard told you that? Okay. Nice accurate profile picture btw.
    I enjoyed lvling in classic, but that was only possible while everyone else is lvling. I tried lvling a new toon now and it's completely, objective garbage. Everyone is looking for boosts instead of lvling the correct way. Yes there's a correct way: it's playing your fucking toon the way it was OBVIOUSLY intended. Just because it's POSSIBLE to get boosted or POSSIBLE to raid with all buffs or POSSIBLE to refuse a bunch of useless specs in a raid or POSSIBLE to exploit BGs or POSSIBLE to do whatever other extremely moronic shit doesn't mean it's right.

People think that because there's no consequence it means it's fine. Seriously what the fuck is this regressive thought process? It's easy to see how things were meant to be and easy to have the minimum integrity and self respect required to not participate in these low life activities.

Yes every single person who think the opposite of what I just said here is by definition inferior to me. They are sub humans devoid of values who will do anything for their own little benefit and for as long as they can profit from it in any shape shape or form (not necessarily financially) they will defend it with twisted "logic" that denies respect of the work that was put into it.

It's not an insult, it's not condescending, it's not even arrogant. It's a simple fact statement that anyone could have said if I didn't say it because it's a reality that's all around us.

how do you know what the obvious intended way to play your character is? the best time to have levelled up would have either been at the start, when you're fighting over quest mobs with everyone else. or now if you wanted to get to raid ready levels of gear and start getting saved to raids (with the p5 dungeon loot additions there is better pre-raid bis items although some items were easier to get in p1 like the HoJ). ultimately the levelling period is just a period of time that eventually passes whether you decide you want to take 1 week to level or a whole year. at some point you reach max level and raiding is the only place left where you get gear upgrades.

the problem ofc is trying to level a char when everyone else is now only levelling alts. which they don't want to spend 6 months getting to 60 so they can get saved to zg and aq20. with questie its a shit load easier to find quests than it was back in the day, its multitudes easier to see where to quest and plan routes to quest/cash quests and minimize travel times and back and forth running. I barely even played my alt and only ran dungeons when I had double xp.

if you plan on raiding and reaching t3, you can't really fuck around taking years to get to 60 because. its ultimately less lockouts you get saved to and overall less chances to get the gear you want. due to the nature of the loot drops and the rng (and the dkp/epgp), it could take 6 months or more to even see specific items drop, case in point, I've only missed 1 or 2 BWL raids since it opened and we have not seen a single shield from chromaggus. you really need to start getting saved to raids if you want to actually get to the end before it all starts to taper off and or move on.

in the end the boosting and whatnot is just what it is, you don't have to join some paid boost run, I'm leveling my druid alt which is 57 now the last few days i've been pounding it a bit to just push to 60, doing normal dungeon runs. not everything is an aoe boost fest. all of the dungeon runs I did from zul farrak to ST to BRD and LBRS were all just normal runs. but this shit was possible years ago, the average player was likely just clueless or not skilled enough to pull it off consistently. if you're the type of person who quests or runs dungeons and saves double exp to level faster, the goal is to reach 60 so it really doesn't matter, if you want to take a long time doing it, there is nothing wrong with that but its only at your own expense in the long run.

when it comes to world buff stacking, the buffs are over powered, but, they are easily lost, because the raids themselves are relatively trivial tank and spanks, the majority of the fun comes from pushing the limit of what is possible and going for those top parses, i'm a tank so my parses are generally shit, but I get that once you've mastered the game, the gold grind, the levelling and showing up to raid day, there is always something you can do to improve, your output / contribution, preparation whatever it is, that is where the challenge is once all other challenges have been overcome. generally speaking though, the idea behind clearing raids quickly is so that you can stack raid clears into a single day and you don't have to raid every single day, we do aq40 on sundays and bwl/mc on tuesday (reset wednesday in the eu) the ultimate goal for p6 would be to do aq40/bwl in a single day and have more time for naxx. this is why you want to blow through it asap, so there is more time to wipe on progression raids and not waste hours on farmed ones. most raids i'd wager last roughly 3-4hrs but most are done in 2hrs. thats a decent amount of time to raid for a single day. its also quite astonishing how quickly a wipe fest raid eats through time ressing and rebuffing. you wipe a few times in aq40 and you're going to be there for hours and hours and hours. you don't want this to be a consistent thing. wiping is fun, but you do eventually want to reach a point where you don't wipe on stuff you've killed multiple times it just wastes time, its fine when ppl are learning fights, but eventually its going to cut into your progression raid time.

ppl have lives and other things they want to do, I like playing other games, I don't want to be raiding every day. I don't want 4hr bwl raids when it can be cleared in 40mins. for me there is a fine line between, competitive effort and try hard elitism. but some days I just don't care enough, when it comes to world buffs, I usually don't bother with the songflower, it only lasts 1hr and I can never be bothered to try to get it. and dire maul tribute buffs, if there is a run open when I log in, ill try to get them, if I log in 30minutes before rend/ony I won't bother. I don't really try to do 200% some days ill feel like 100% and some days I might have prepared enough to do 110%. you do whatever you have time for.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-26 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    skip
    Parse
    Skip
    Looking parse in classic is like looking parse on retail lfr. Thats ridiculous

I swear, classic is full of "wanabee high end" players who were benched in their retail heroic wiping guilds.... on classic they can, at last, feel like they are at the top of the food chain.

"Oh we kill that boss in 31seconds! Guild x did it in 29!! Quick, lets watch the parse and point fingers at Mickey the mage, that lazy motherfucker, who underperformed by 0.2%!! WTF are you doing Mickey?!? We are a top progress guild ffs!! "

I started playing classic because the retail min-maxing shit is not for me, only to find out all the trash benched wannabees came with the retail mindset so they can feel good about themselves after hitting the heroic wall on retail....

For the same reason some people enjoy having someone else shit in their mouth. Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean it's right, doesn't mean your mental state is stable, doesn't mean it's healthy. There's plenty of stuff in life that we should not do yet still do based only on the principle that "I like it so it can't be wrong", which of course is not true.
    Enjoying something that is bad is not good, it even gives devs the idea that it's a good thing to work on this old bad thing instead of putting effort on something new, original and fresh that could make the industry move forward instead of backward.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoyed lvling in classic, but that was only possible while everyone else is lvling. I tried lvling a new toon now and it's completely, objective garbage. Everyone is looking for boosts instead of lvling the correct way. Yes there's a correct way: it's playing your fucking toon the way it was OBVIOUSLY intended. Just because it's POSSIBLE to get boosted or POSSIBLE to raid with all buffs or POSSIBLE to refuse a bunch of useless specs in a raid or POSSIBLE to exploit BGs or POSSIBLE to do whatever other extremely moronic shit doesn't mean it's right.

People think that because there's no consequence it means it's fine. Seriously what the fuck is this regressive thought process? It's easy to see how things were meant to be and easy to have the minimum integrity and self respect required to not participate in these low life activities.

Yes every single person who think the opposite of what I just said here is by definition inferior to me. They are sub humans devoid of values who will do anything for their own little benefit and for as long as they can profit from it in any shape shape or form (not necessarily financially) they will defend it with twisted "logic" that denies respect of the work that was put into it.

It's not an insult, it's not condescending, it's not even arrogant. It's a simple fact statement that anyone could have said if I didn't say it because it's a reality that's all around us.

Who are you to decide what is wrong and what is right, what an inflated ego yikes. 99% of people think they hold the one truth in the palm of their hand. If people were a little more self critical so many issues could be avoided. Alas it is not ment for the human race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I don't remember this as the classic experience; entire server logging in at the exact time to get DM/ZG/Flower/Ony/Nef/Rend .. Only to go into a raid and 30sec bosses .. How is that fun?

BRING BACK LAYERS MANY OF THEM!!
    laying on classic would be a bad thing would make it harder to get questing and farming mats done.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post

I swear, classic is full of "wanabee high end" players who were benched in their retail heroic wiping guilds.... on classic they can, at last, feel like they are at the top of the food chain.

"Oh we kill that boss in 31seconds! Guild x did it in 29!! Quick, lets watch the parse and point fingers at Mickey the mage, that lazy motherfucker, who underperformed by 0.2%!! WTF are you doing Mickey?!? We are a top progress guild ffs!! "

I started playing classic because the retail min-maxing shit is not for me, only to find out all the trash benched wannabees came with the retail mindset so they can feel good about themselves after hitting the heroic wall on retail....
    well what else is there to really strive for if the game is a total cake walk.

nice rant but at the same time you're whining about this shit game falling over too fast, so what does that make you, the social reject that didn't even get to bench status.

I haven't raided since legion i was raiding with about 5-10 ppl who were in the same guild I was in during classic, we got to kil'jaeden heroic before we gave up raiding we did most of legion 12-13 man and with the small raid size it just started getting shit where you barely had enough ppl to cover the mechanics. like felbonds on gul'dan with 11 or 12 ppl was cancer you barely had enough ppl to break them conversely I went on and pugged most of antorus heroic in week 1 I was gutted that we stopped raiding but it ultimately didn't matter because that last tier of legion was cleared in the first week anyway by pugs.. I started playing classic just to go from start to end, nothing else.

what ppl seem to want is a brand new game, not one that has already been figured out it seems. you want a game that hasn't been min/maxxed. its a game that hasn't been played. classic was being min/maxxed during it heyday. toward the end ppl were piecing together bis lists. striving for bis.

but this is fucking hilarious whatever makes you feel better about yourself 'wahhh ppl are having fun and i'm not wahhhh' cry me a fucking river.

the first time everyone went through this game, most ppl didn't get to raid naxx, I started raiding in 2006 when zg was added, I made it to broodlord around november 2006 and tbc was released in January 2007. ppl didn't bother min/maxing much when I started, most ppl for example gathered their dungeon sets, I did zg in full devout, not any combination of bis blue gear I replace devout with t1.

this time everyone is a lot more clued in and can take a good run through the game with all the knowledge that wasn't apparent the first time around. if the first time was a trial run, this is the point at which nothing is unknown so you can take a good crack at the run through. i'm sure there are guilds that don't wb, don't bother with BiS and wipe all night, taking multiple raids to clear bwl/aq40, if you want that you gotta look for a guild that is casual to that degree, but even the ones that do put in the effort to get buffs, it only requires that you log in 1hr before your raid starts. its not really some epic level of effort, its just logging in going to dire maul and being ready in your capital for the head buff. this isn't some overwhelming levels of effort. running dungeons until you have pre-raid bis likewise doesn't take that long. a week of dungeon running at most and you're ready for zg/aq20/mc.

whats ridiculous is assuming everyone is going to play this game as if they were as equally clueless as the first time. no one is going to deliberately hamstring themselves just so they can relive the glory days of wiping on tank and spank boss fights. once you've cleared a raid the only thing left is to improve the speed at which you clear that raid. I don't like speed running I think it just increases the chance of wiping. but I accept that once the bosses themselves are no longer a serious obstacle, getting good clear speeds becomes the new boss.

and like it or not there is some level of competition when it comes to clear speeds. on our server for example my guild has the fastest MC and BWL clear for the horde. the only problem is that the alliance get the better deal in classic because of Salvation it lets them dps more so most of the fastest clears are by alliance guilds.

it just comes down to why bother playing the game if you have no intention of ever getting better at the game, you only want to remain as shit at the game as you were 15 years ago. where is the fun in that, never getting better, never learning anything. just that shocking realisation that the game isn't what you thought it was? being disappointed when the curtain is peeled back and what is behind it is what was there all along.

to me this game hasn't really changed all that much, at its core, there is no real inherent point of going through it other than for the sake of it. but the core of the game, the questing, the dungeon running, the logging in weekly to clear raids, this hasn't changed and is pretty much exactly the same as it always has been. the getting blue dungeon gear so you can start raiding, and raiding so you can get the epic gear, this just hasn't changed the game is still this way. it may have become more and more casual over time, but again its functionally the same concept, level up, get gear, raid, get better gear, repeat until there is no more gear to get.. the end. also no one in my guild is berating anyone for not parsing, ppl choose to parse or they choose not to parse, maybe find a guild that isn't so shit. then you might enjoy it to some degree. i haven't heard of any of this shit about 0.2%. you pulled that from your ass. to make a point that isn't a generalisation as much as you may think that it is. most ppl aren't going to parse unless they have been blessed with perfect drops this whole time. with 40 ppl in a raid most ppl aren't going to parse until they have all their BiS. it takes a lot of clears to get all the gear you can get.

is it wrong then for ppl to want to see how well they perform with their best gear, after spending a year collecting it? no i don't think there is anything wrong with that.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-26 at 08:50 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people trying to police how others play Classic is sad. It's a solved game, no question about that. So if people want to speedrun it with world buffs let them, if people want to try and handicap themselves with non-optimal setups let them. Ultimately the fun's gonna be different than it was in 2005 and if you get your undies in a bunch trying to make people play like it is 2005 you're gonna be the one quitting instead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I do think ppl should play the game however they want but these ppl who are complaining about the min/max would have likely been the ones back in 2006 like myself that never made it to naxx and entered tbc with that feeling of missing out on something. its a team game and if most of your team is putting in the effort to be as good as they can be then you're only letting your team down by not doing the same. having 20 ppl get buffs and farm bis to carry 20 ppl who don't isn't going to end well. in my guild you just don't get bonus EP if you show up without the 2hr buffs.

i'm not optimal, I tank as fury prot 0/31/20 with 5 pieces of t2. I still use ironfoe in my main hand, its not optimal, but it works for me, I have a quel serrar and a pugio from aq40, but I need a death's sting, or the other binding from geddon, i've mostly passed on weapons since phase 1-2 so others can get them. I tank pretty well though, I have my 9% hit, I have aged core leather gloves for my dagger/s (eventually). but I'm still some raids away from being all I can be. for now I perform well enough I think. I'm just a bit of a half and half, half a tank, half a dps, I'm never going to parse well in tanking gear, but I also don't really want to try to tank in full leather either. so I have to make a choice between survivability and dps, I choose survivability 99% of the time if i have to tank I just press my sword board macro and i'm a tank, I press my dual wield macro, I'm a dps, its about as good as I can get myself so far.. a lot of the time you're just waiting for items to drop and it being your turn to win. not everyone is going to be able to do the best they can until they get the gear and the buffs that lets them reach the max potential, or you're like me a tank most of the time and a dps some of the time, trying to balance both.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-26 at 10:48 PM.

Yeah,honestly that's really how it feels when looking at the "hardcore" Classic players.

It's players who just aren't good enough for retail and come to classic where they can pretend that they know how to play the game. And 75% of them play gnome mages

- - - Updated - - -

The irony here is you're posting on a game website which you clearly dislike, looking at your recent post history ("this is a 15 years old game that should have been shut down when Arthas was first killed"). Yet you want to talk about "lowlife activities and people devoid of values who will do anything for their own little benefit". Please, look in the mirror and realise you're just projecting the way you feel about your own little miserable existence onto others. I'm not sure how you can't see the hypocrisy of your posts.

Not false, but what else is there to do when the content is super easy with not much in the way of longevity.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

What is a WB? Any why can't people write in English anymore?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Who are you to decide what is wrong and what is right, what an inflated ego yikes. 99% of people think they hold the one truth in the palm of their hand. If people were a little more self critical so many issues could be avoided. Alas it is not ment for the human race.
    I make no decision. These things exist in reality, just because I talk about them doesn't mean I decided them. Go complain about life, not me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    The irony here is you're posting on a game website which you clearly dislike, looking at your recent post history ("this is a 15 years old game that should have been shut down when Arthas was first killed"). Yet you want to talk about "lowlife activities and people devoid of values who will do anything for their own little benefit". Please, look in the mirror and realise you're just projecting the way you feel about your own little miserable existence onto others. I'm not sure how you can't see the hypocrisy of your posts.
    My life is pretty great, thank you for caring. You shouldn't make such assumptions about people's life, based only on how mad you make their voice sound like in your head while reading a post.

There's no hypocrisy in my posts, that's just in your perspective because you gave yourself the task of believing my posts are also lowlife activities and devoid of values, which is easy to fall into when you get mad the moment someone talks about shutting your game down. It infuriates you instead of opening your mind to the possibilities that could have existed had this game not lasted an eternity beyond its due date.

I'm leveling a new toon on alliance and so far no toxicity while leveling. The guild I am seems to be similar mind to me , not much boosting and annoyance. All the crap I read and toxicity is on the internet. The whole meta min max elitism people talk about like it is the only way people play the game is wrong in my experience

I make no decision. These things exist in reality, just because I talk about them doesn't mean I decided them. Go complain about life, not me.

- - - Updated - - -

My life is pretty great, thank you for caring. You shouldn't make such assumptions about people's life, based only on how mad you make their voice sound like in your head while reading a post.

There's no hypocrisy in my posts, that's just in your perspective because you gave yourself the task of believing my posts are also lowlife activities and devoid of values, which is easy to fall into when you get mad the moment someone talks about shutting your game down. It infuriates you instead of opening your mind to the possibilities that could have existed had this game not lasted an eternity beyond its due date.
    Your argument was that playing classic was similar to that of lowlife activity and devoid of value; and now trying to argue that posting on a website dedicated to a game you dislike isn't just as bad/worse. If you don't have better things to do, the answer is quite clear.

Also - you're saying you're not hypocritical because I gave myself the task of believing your posts are devoid of value and yet you're doing the same thing believing this to be the case with people's game habits. Your whole argument in nonsensical and again, hypocritical.
    Last edited by csguba; 2021-02-23 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    I'm leveling a new toon on alliance and so far no toxicity while leveling. The guild I am seems to be similar mind to me , not much boosting and annoyance. All the crap I read and toxicity is on the internet. The whole meta min max elitism people talk about like it is the only way people play the game is wrong in my experience
    I think it depends what server you are leveling on and what guild you decide to be in, PvP servers seem to be rammed with the "toxic try hards" and people that generally take the game more seriously. There are a lot of guilds that are relaxed and casual whilst still clearing content, but you can easily find ones that think the content is a lot more challenging and serious than it actually is.

There's a lot of chilled guilds on my server (Mirage Raceway - PvE), but I've met a few assholes from other guilds that think they're god's gift to everyone on a 16 year old game that my nan could play. Unfortunately, you will get that anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What is a WB? Any why can't people write in English anymore?
    This is the problem with trying to be clever. English is not every forum users first language, and some struggle a lot, as you have above. Its really not a big deal, and not worth attacking. Given the context, its safe to assume that "WB" stands for "World Buff/s"