Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

What's the scolding horde players get at the start of the Ardenweald's covenant?

I just watched Nobbel's video on how to pick a covenant based on story, and he mentioned that horde players get a major scolding if they choose the Ardenweald covenant.

What is said and implied? I've tried to google for it but I get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I just watched Nobbel's video on how to pick a covenant based on story, and he mentioned that horde players get a major scolding if they choose the Ardenweald covenant.

Most likely the theater play thing that essentially shows what happened in BfA, with most of the focus being on how evil Sylvanas is, and the big shocker which makes everyone in the audience gasp being how the Horde helped Sylvanas burn down Teldrassil. Among others Ysera especially is absolutely shocked that something so evil could have happened while she was dead.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Does it really matter if they get a scolding or not? A scolding is the best they can get from consequences.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2020-09-27 at 05:12 PM.

Shandris and Tyrande are also very hestitant to work with the Horde PC regardless of their loyalty.

Wait, you mean the faction that has twice committed atrocities under dictators but only felt guilty after the dictator turned on them so they could use that person as a scapegoat to avoid punishment?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

This is an accurate depiction on what shall happen and the outcome;

Last edited by Daedius; 2020-09-27 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Wait, you mean the faction that has twice committed atrocities under dictators but only felt guilty after the dictator turned on them so they could use that person as a scapegoat to avoid punishment?
    The problem here is that there are various people who refuse to understand the damage this faction has done and from what I see Blizzard also refuses to understand. The lore suffers in order for that faction to be able to do what they did while every possible opposition either becomes too passive or too stupidly neutral and of course they refuse to make them pay consequences. A faction that has done more damage than the Scourge or the Legion but hides behind the term Playable Faction to escape any reparations repeating the same stupid outcome of scapegoating the Warchief. Of course the lore will again bend in order for Azeroth to trust them enough like BFA never happened.

Can we see for once actual consequences even to playable factions? Like hard consequences.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2020-09-27 at 09:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    The problem here is that there are various people who refuse to understand the damage this faction has done and from what I see Blizzard also refuses to understand. The lore suffers in order for that faction to be able to do what they did while every possible opposition either becomes too passive or too stupidly neutral and of course they refuse to make them pay consequences. A faction that has done more damage than the Scourge or the Legion but hides behind the term Playable Faction to escape any reparations repeating the same stupid outcome of scapegoating the Warchief. Of course the lore will again bend in order for Azeroth to trust them enough like BFA never happened.

Can we see for once actual consequences even to playable factions? Like hard consequences.
    That's why you don't turn a playable faction into a major villain, because there is no easy way out of it. But Danuser & co. didn't even realise there might be narrative and consistency issues, they don't give a flying !@$% for either lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Shandris and Tyrande are also very hestitant to work with the Horde PC regardless of their loyalty.
    But they do - which is a big problem. Horde simply should have a different quest giver here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, is such a big issue. I understand that many horde players are also annoyed by it, but fact is, that the horde did greater damage to the alliance than the scourge, the burning legion and N'zoth together. And not in a grey area, I am only talking about the times when they were clearly acting evil.

7+ Year Old Account

if you want i can record the whole thing and post it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

3+ Year Old Account

I smell a bias~

Blizzard "refuses to understand" that the Horde has caused a lot of damage? I apologize but that is absolutely absurd and makes you sound... strangely entitled, about a story that you are not writing.

More damage than the Scourge and Legion is, as I'm sure you understand after thinking about it, quite absurd as well. The Horde being on Azeroth to begin with is a product of the Legion. The original leader of the Scourge was the spirit of one of the members of the original Horde twisted by the Legion. So not only does it not make much sense to say the Horde has done more damage than the Legion, when the damage done by the Horde is a result of the Legion's actions to begin with, but it's not correct at all because the Legion and Scourge have caused more harm than the Horde has by a long shot.

I do agree though, it would be nice to see more consequences, whether they are good or bad.

That's sadly the average Horde player mindset. They like to tag along with the nasty leaders because they are "interesting" and "for mah Horde", then they dismiss all the ingame blame they get.

How is that different from a spoiled kid who wants to do things and rejects all responsibility?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    That's sadly the average Horde player mindset. They like to tag along with the nasty leaders because they are "interesting" and "for mah Horde", then they dismiss all the ingame blame they get.

How is that different from a spoiled kid who wants to do things and rejects all responsibility?
    If you think that Sylvanas (especially her BfA version) was "interesting" in any way or shape, you have some pretty weird tastes, let me tell you. Yet, the villain bat was dropped on my character's head... just because.

More OT, yay at more admonishing fingers towards the Horde. Is that how they want to fix the faction imbalance?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account

The HD version took a fair while to upload, but here is the link if you wanna check it out/put it in your OP.
    The entire play from start to finish plus talking to ysera, she does have a bit more to say during her flight but its not super important to this, and also its currently bugged if a specific world quest is up, meaning i would need to go turn on warmode then come back just to do this and im already going out of my way so eh...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what's said. They could say we are all monsters that should be killed. Then right after they will say hello hero, i have a quest for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If you think that Sylvanas (especially her BfA version) was "interesting" in any way or shape, you have some pretty weird tastes, let me tell you. Yet, the villain bat was dropped on my character's head... just because.

More OT, yay at more admonishing fingers towards the Horde. Is that how they want to fix the faction imbalance?
    I clearly used air quotes to state that "they" think she is "interesting".

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Shouldn't the Horde have different Questgivers in Ardenweald? I think Vol'jin would make a good one, and we already have Bwonsamdi there too. I think Bwonsamdi should have different reactions to having an Alliance player quest with him though, he's a (mostly) Horde character after all
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-28 at 02:14 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Shouldn't the Horde have different Questgivers in Ardenweald? I think Vol'jin would make a good one, and we already have Bwonsamdi there too. I think Bwonsamdi should have different reactions to having an Alliance player quest with him though, he's a (mostly) Horde character after all
    They should, pretty sure it was like that before, but now they simple don't give a shit anymore/don't think is necessary, i loved how the quests back in cata/Wtlk were mirrored, you just changed the npcs, and the quest were the same.

i just can't like doing quests/favors with races that are not from the faction im playing, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's why you don't turn a playable faction into a major villain, because there is no easy way out of it.
    And like.... Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Bwonsamdi wanted a prominent Horde leader to kill the Warchief, he gives no fucks about the faction whatsoever (nor should he, mind you) and the limit of his interactions with the Horde PC were binding them with a blatantly one-sided deal and helping defend Dazar'alor because Rastakhan strong-armed him to do so. Vol'jin would have been a good choice, yeah, but Bwonsamdi is about as much of a Horde character as a Naaru is an Alliance one.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.