I really like the blue eyes option, but the problem is, it really only works on the Horde side. I want to play that kind of character on the Alliance side, and there you only have purple hair options. Until they at least add blonde hair options for Void Elves, it won't feel right. But better yet, just make them their own Allied Race already.

Also can't be Void Elf Paladin, so the coolest option already falls away.

Quote Originally Posted by kflay View Post
    I really like the blue eyes option, but the problem is, it really only works on the Horde side. I want to play that kind of character on the Alliance side, and there you only have purple hair options. Until they at least add blonde hair options for Void Elves, it won't feel right. But better yet, just make them their own Allied Race already.

Also can't be Void Elf Paladin, so the coolest option already falls away.
    The problem is that but giving "HE Options" to both VE and BE, the likelihood of AR HE now is just minimal; like at this point is just more plausible VE's get more hair colors some day than that, so IDK, it's about expectations.

And as I have said before, I like High Elf Paladins, I'd play a High Elf paladin. But High Elves have never been defined by their ability to be Paladins; it's just not a requisite of alliance HE fantasy in the way that warmer hair colors are -as actually present on most HE NPC's-

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The problem is that but giving "HE Options" to both VE and BE, the likelihood of AR HE now is just minimal; like at this point is just more plausible VE's get more hair colors some day than that, so IDK, it's about expectations.

And as I have said before, I like High Elf Paladins, I'd play a High Elf paladin. But High Elves have never been defined by their ability to be Paladins; it's just not a requisite of alliance HE fantasy in the way that warmer hair colors are -as actually present on most HE NPC's-
    To be honest, even Void Elves with blond hair color would not be good enough for me, especially because of the racials, but also because of missing mount, heritage armor etc. options. It still wouldn't be a High Elf to me. Blood Elves will now be the closest to playable High Elves, but they are on the Horde side. Whole thing is a mess.

To be honest, even Void Elves with blond hair color would not be good enough for me, especially because of the racials, but also because of missing mount, heritage armor etc. options. It still wouldn't be a High Elf to me. Blood Elves will now be the closest to playable High Elves, but they are on the Horde side. Whole thing is a mess.
    I understand that; I too wish HE's had been an AR on their own, but the thing is, everything that has happened since VE's were introduced makes that possibility less and less likely, so we either make do with what we have and keep requesting for a closer HE aesthetic within that parameters, or just remain unhappy forever, which feels simply unhealthy.

We have choices here, not good ones, but we do have them, so you can either reframe your own expectations in a more positive manner or decide WoW just isn't for you then, with both options being valid.

But to be honest, part of me still thinks there will be a faction shake-up some day, which might further make VE/BE distinctions moot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post

He seems like a cool guy, but it's like literally saying "I'll let them know!" Which he might, but it's not his department so there's little he can actually do about it.

Wait, void elves are getting light blue hair? I’ll have to grind Dragonwrath out so my elf can turn into a blue dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Wait, void elves are getting light blue hair? I’ll have to grind Dragonwrath out so my elf can turn into a blue dragon!
    Nop, no new hair colors on Void Elves. That's either fanart or the news that all DK hair colors are being unlocked for all classes of races with DK hair colors

5+ Year Old Account
    He seems like a cool guy, but it's like literally saying "I'll let them know!" Which he might, but it's not his department so there's little he can actually do about it.
    That's true, but he also lets it be known that there's a lot of people giving feedback on Void Elf options.

This is good because it shows the popularity Void Elves continue as an Allied Race, and we already have admittance from another Blizzard employee that the more popular races get more options

So it looks good for when it comes time for proper Allied Race increased customizations, particularly so for Void Elves! Just like how Blood Elves, and Humans, and Night Elves got many options. BE players are just complaining they didn't get certain specific options, but they still received a lot of options compared to most other races.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this, it's not like if there's no Paladin option then it's not a High Elf. That'd be ridiculous for anyone to suggest (as some have in the past).

It'd just be a really cool option, that I argue has precedent albeit not much.

But yeah while a High Elf Paladin would be cool, it's not the make or break it for whether a particular race option is a High Elf. Customization looks confirm that far more immensely.

I'd argue the make or break it classes for High Elves were always Mages, Hunters, and Priests. And thankfully VEs have access to all those and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    That's true, but he also lets it be known that there's a lot of people giving feedback on Void Elf options.

This is good because it shows the popularity Void Elves continue as an Allied Race, and we already have admittance from another Blizzard employee that the more popular races get more options

So it looks good for when it comes time for proper Allied Race increased customizations, particularly so for Void Elves! Just like how Blood Elves, and Humans, and Night Elves got many options. BE players are just complaining they didn't get certain specific options, but they still received a lot of options compared to most other races.
    I mean it's good to get acknowledgement the feedback is being read, I'll agree with that. And I don't wanna be negative so we will leave it at that. XD

Still, with what we have seen across the board when it comes to expanded customization, I am hopeful we will get good things for AR's when it's their turn.

Either that, or a complete paradigm shift of what AR even are. Either one works for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I wouldn't say it's impossible. The greyish/silver, blue/green and wine red hair colors, work well enough for a High Elf look. Not all High Elves are blonde. That's not to say I don't want black, white, blonde, and brown, just that it's not impossible to work with what we have until the allied race customization pass happens.

I thought these worked well as High Elf looks:
    Yesssss, this is amazing, really dang amazing!! Can't wait to see even more looks for the High Elves of the Alliance

Still want those more regular hair colors ofc (black/white/blonde/brown etc). But people can definitely make non-tentacle-y, non-void-y looking Alliance High Elves through Shadowlands launch VE options.

- - - Updated - - -

Either that, or a complete paradigm shift of what AR even are. Either one works for me.
    I am confident this is the long game, the very long game . Given that a Blizzard Dev said (Ely Canon I think) they have opened up the opportunity to do heritage style quests for all the new increased customization options. For example, one day there'll probably a quest to explain more what it's like to be a Wildhammer Dwarf or something of the sort!

I agree with this, it's not like if there's no Paladin option then it's not a High Elf. That'd be ridiculous for anyone to suggest (as some have in the past).

It'd just be a really cool option, that I argue has precedent albeit not much.

But yeah while a High Elf Paladin would be cool, it's not the make or break it for whether a particular race option is a High Elf. Customization looks confirm that far more immensely.

I'd argue the make or break it classes for High Elves were always Mages, Hunters, and Priests. And thankfully VEs have access to all those and more.
    Indeed; while I so support far less class/race restrictions, I also understand some classes are iconic and necessary to certain groups, while other would be cool, but are not a requisite to fulfill their established fantasy. Mage, Hunters and Priests were the meat of the HE fantasy we could agree on from canon, to put Paladins in that same category is simply inaccurate; a cool concept, but ostensibly based on fanon and personal appeal.

But again, if there were VE paladins, you damn right I'd have one! -even tho when in terms of what's more interesting, I'd still say VE/HE shaman-

- - - Updated - - -

I am confident this is the long game, the very long game . Given that a Blizzard Dev said (Ely Canon I think) they have opened up the opportunity to do heritage style quests for all the new increased customization options. For example, one day there'll probably a quest to explain more what it's like to be a Wildhammer Dwarf or something of the sort!
    Indeed, that's just a very cool way they can expand the concept of Heritage armor within the already established parameters of race; as you can choose your appearance, you can also choose and experience the story of the background behind it; So it's like instead of getting recolors of each Maghar clan, you'd get different quests for different clans. This just opens a lot of possibilities across the board.

Not only it gives us a personalized aesthetic (Such as Wildhammer Dwarf) but it also frames that within a questchain that gives us that background, and their place in the current world. Would be pretty sweet if someday we get a Heritage of the Quel'dorei questline on our Void Elves, where we get to see the aspect of those High Elves that ramained on the alliance and ultimately joined the Void Elves -Serves to contextualize HE options within VE's, while also allowing us to represent that High Elf fantasy we want-

I understand that; I too wish HE's had been an AR on their own, but the thing is, everything that has happened since VE's were introduced makes that possibility less and less likely
    I seriously do not believe that. Void Elves just aren't like High Elves, and the demand will still be there. If anything it makes it more likely, because now that we already have the Blood Elf model, on the Alliance side, it's less of a big deal to give us real High Elves. Because the one point people raised prior to Void Elves was "they're not gonna give the same race to both factions". But they did give a Night Elf variant to the Horde and a Blood Elf variant to the Alliance. So that barrier has been broken down. The rest is a formality. It all depends on how much demand there is for it. The reason we got so far with Void Elves and blue eyes is because you people demanded it. If you keep demanding real High Elves, they will give in eventually, even if it takes another 15 years.

If I play a Void Elf, I want it to be a Void Elf. Pretending a Void Elf with blue eyes or even blonde hair is a High Elf is not doing it for me. My character window will still say Void Elf. My racial is still a void portal. My home is still a void rift. My leader is still a Void Elf (that they have completely ruined lore wise). My mount is still a void chicken and my heritage armor is still all purple. It's just never gonna be enough.
    Last edited by kflay; 2020-09-28 at 07:06 AM.

I seriously do not believe that. Void Elves just aren't like High Elves, and the demand will still be there. If anything it makes it more likely, because now that we already have the Blood Elf model, on the Alliance side, it's less of a big deal to give us real High Elves. Because the one point people raised prior to Void Elves was "they're not gonna give the same race to both factions". But they did give a Night Elf variant to the Horde and a Blood Elf variant to the Alliance. So that barrier has been broken down. The rest is a formality. It all depends on how much demand there is for it. The reason we got so far with Void Elves and blue eyes is because you people demanded it. If you keep demanding real High Elves, they will give in eventually, even if it takes another 15 years.
    As much as I'd love to see proper High Elf allied race, I think odds are pretty low to make it happen now. If we get more void/old god themed customizations for void elves to separate them from high elves, there might be a chance for high elves. The notion seems to be opposite - Blizz seems to be more interested in adding high elf options to void elves to provide us option to play Alliance high elf. I don't really think there will be a need for high elf allied race while void elves have high elf customizations. Alliance would have two allied races with extremely similar aestetics, basically wasting 2 allied race slots for one race fantasy.

I know this will not please everyone and there will be people still requesting proper high elves, but I suspect most people will eventually go along customized void elf.

If I play a Void Elf, I want it to be a Void Elf. Pretending a Void Elf with blue eyes or even blonde hair is a High Elf is not doing it for me. My character window will still say Void Elf. My racial is still a void portal. My home is still a void rift. My leader is still a Void Elf (that they have completely ruined lore wise). My mount is still a void chicken and my heritage armor is still all purple. It's just never gonna be enough.
    We don't know what we may expect from customizations in the future. There were actually strings for Entropic Embrace customizations, so one day we may see possibility change visuals of our racials too. In that case, void elves will hopefully get non voidy versions of their racials. The same goes for heritage armor - there are hints Blizz is working on heritage armors for subraces, Wildhammer dwarves were specificaly stated, but it does indeed open possibility for high elf heritage on void elves. Aside from that, you have plenty of high elvish transmogs in the game in all armor type variants, so it is already pretty easy dress as proper quel'dorei. As for mount, you don't have to ride voidstrider. If I'm not mistaken, high elves did not really use hawkstriders that often, their signature mount is a horned steed. There is a quel'dorei steed mount from Argent Tournament (requires Silver Covenant reputation on exalted) which is specificaly high elf mount, plus you get blue dragonhawk flying mount after you farm 100 mounts (which is really easy nowadays).

https://www.wowhead.com/item=46815/queldorei-steed

if you like to have more high res mount, I think any unicorn mount added since Legion will work just fine.

1) Alleria isn't ruined, she's one of the best Alliance characters by far.

2) That's because the pink-skin void elf is either meant to be a void elf who retains their fair-skin form like Alleria, or a high elf scholar who is studying the Void in Telogrus Rift. So of course a high elf scholar would use the Void.

You can RP your high elf however you want, but that is the base idea of a high elf/pink-skin void elf, and that's not changing. Just like how Classic Humans ALWAYS come from the Kingdom of Stormwind, despite many roleplaying them as Lordaeronians.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    1) Alleria isn't ruined, she's one of the best Alliance characters by far.
    sorry no

bye

sorry no

bye
    Hahaha you can't even explain your reasoning, your only argument is "bye".

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    As much as I'd love to see proper High Elf allied race, I think odds are pretty low to make it happen now.
    People said the same thing for years until Void Elves have happened. For years people said we're never gonna get High Elves because they're not gonna give the same race to both factions. Now that that has happened it has turned to "oh we're not gonna get real High Elves". We're already almost there. Most of the walking has been done. We're almost at the end of the path. You only have to let Blizzard know that you still want them, and they'll eventually give them to the players.

People said the same thing for years until Void Elves have happened. For years people said we're never gonna get High Elves because they're not gonna give the same race to both factions. Now that that has happened it has turned to "oh we're not gonna get real High Elves". We're already almost there. Most of the walking has been done. We're almost at the end of the path. You only have to let Blizzard know that you still want them, and they'll eventually give them to the players.
    I wish it had gone otherwise, but it does seem that Blizzard intends for us to have our Alliance High Elves via Void Elves. It's not the ideal no, but it's more likely that Blizzard would add more ways to make Void Elves into High Elves than they would add High Elves as an Alliance allied race.

The veneer idea I proposed awhile back is probably the best thing we could hopeful at this point.

While I don't foresee (or want) Blizzard allowing us to just swap racials around, I would not object to a "veneer" for racials. If they ever add some sort of option to change our displayed racial tag (so the race says High Elf instead of Void Elf), then the "veneer" could change the names, icons and visual effects of the racials while maintaining their functions. For example, if I select the "High Elf" option my race would display as High Elf and the "veneer" on my racials would make them change thus:

Entropic Embrace becomes Arcane Legacy: The visual effect, icon and name change but otherwise it mechanically works exactly the same.

Spatial Rift becomes Arcane Jaunt: The visual effect, icon and name change but otherwise it mechanically works exactly the same.

Preternatural Calm becomes Focused Mind: The icon and name change but otherwise it mechanically works exactly the same.

Ethereal Connection becomes Friend of a Friend: The icon and name change but otherwise it mechanically works exactly the same.

Chill of Night becomes Against the Darkness: The icon and name change but otherwise it mechanically works exactly the same.

Basically the "veneer" and racial tag display change would allow subraces within a given race. The same concept could be applied to other races, such as Wildhammer Dwarves, Sand Trolls, Grimtotem Tauren, Dragonmaw Orcs, etc.
    I believe there's a better shot of THAT happening than a High Elf allied race at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I wish it had gone otherwise, but it does seem that Blizzard intends for us to have our Alliance High Elves via Void Elves.
    Just like they intended for us to not have Void Elves at all, until they added Void Elves.

I'll repeat myself. I don't think there was a problem of having two almost same races on both factions (pandaren pretty much make it way more likely). The issue now is to have two almost identical races on the same side. I don't really see it possible for Blizzard to waste their resources on developing new race which can be actually implemented by customizations to existing one. It's the exactly same route Wildhammer dwarves are being implemented as playable variant of dwarves.

There is also difference between requests now and then. Before void elves, we had no thalassian option on Alliance. You just couldn't be high elfor you had to go to extreme measures to play as human/night elf and pretend you are high/half elf or highborne, which was not even close to the point we got at the end of Legion with void elves and now at SL launch, we are closest to high elf fantasy we've ever been. Blizzard actually acknowledged 15 years old request for Alliance high elf and finally allowed us to play one of the Alliance signature races in form of void elves. If you want to be high elf, you have an option now on both faction. I agree it is more complicated on the Alliance, but I'm possitive it will get better in the future.

The only scenario where high elves are possible alongside void elves is when void elves are build heavily upon their void/cultist/old god theme without getting any proper high elf options. In that case, void elves can't fullfil your high elf fantasy and serve more as a dark cultist race so there is a place for original pure high elf archetype. All points Blizz will go different route, adding high elf options to void elves, saving AR spot for some other race (if we ever get another AR in the future).