10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No one who makes any kind of money pays any kind of taxes.

There's a reason large corporations get massive tax refunds every year.
    I feel this is oversimplifying it a bit, and the NYT points this out: while the tax codes are set up in such a way as to benefit the wealthy, there is still very clear evidence of tax evasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Remember, IRS Has come out to say flat out that the audit in no way prevents him from releasing said returns.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chalk this up to yet another 'Bombshell' that would've been the end of one Politician's career just being another Sunday for ol' Trumpy.

Though that said, his federal goons can't really shield him from State Prosecution in this instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Remember, IRS Has come out to say flat out that the audit in no way prevents him from releasing said returns.
    It kinda does raise the question as to exactly what the hell the IRS was doing prior to 2016.

Remember when people in this forum were bitching about the IRS targeting conservatives? Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It kinda does raise the question as to exactly what the hell the IRS was doing prior to 2016.

Remember when people in this forum were bitching about the IRS targeting conservatives? Lol.
    The IRS has been underfunded for some time. Many employees have admitted outright that they don't target the super rich simply because they dont have the resources to do so. This isnt a big secret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The IRS has been underfunded for some time. Many employees have admitted outright that they don't target the super rich simply because they dont have the resources to do so. This isnt a big secret.
    Man imagine being a Republican and complaining about people on welfare when the head of the party defrauded the government to the tune of at least $72 million, lol. Boggles the mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2018, Trump's fiscal disclosure form (not taxes) said he made over $400 million.

The NYTimes story says Trump actually lost $47 million, and yes, used that to his tax advantage.

If Trump actually did both, he lied on a federal form. That's a felony. Where the hell is @cubby when you need him?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He is still demanding a pre-debate drug test. He's terrified of facing Biden in a debate, and is looking for any excuse to flake out. This, of course, contrasts strongly to the rabid fanbase's claim that Biden is a senile pedophile.

I think Biden would happily trade a drug test for Trump's taxes. Like, in less than five seconds, say some version of "Fuck the hell yes, I'll do that!"
    i am starting to wonder what the odds of him walking out at some point during the debate as some kind of plan to claim it was totally unfair and he stood up to them....by walking out.....

yes i know that logic, but it fits him!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Man imagine being a Republican and complaining about people on welfare when the head of the party defrauded the government to the tune of at least $72 million, lol. Boggles the mind.
    The scary thing is I'm pretty sure you couldn't even get security clearance with even a very tiny fraction of the debt Trump has. It opens you up to bribery.

Think about that for a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    FOX News of course covers Trump's denial, and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i am starting to wonder what the odds of him walking out at some point during the debate as some kind of plan to claim it was totally unfair and he stood up to them....by walking out.....
    Okay, this would be a play to his base who would cheer the move. Here's the problem: that leaves a moderator, Biden, an empty podium and a live camera. I've said repeatedly that, if Trump flakes out before, Biden should get all the time to himself. If Trump leaves mid-debate, I don't know that there will be a choice. I think they'll fill the time and I think Biden will have plenty to say.

Funny, it's possible Clint Eastwood's debate with an empty chair would turn out prophetic.

How long until the Trumpers get their marching orders for how to defend Trump's massive tax fraud?

It's not the first time FOX has dropped a hot shit on air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    How long until the Trumpers get their marching orders for how to defend Trump's massive tax fraud?
    Thus far it's been shit to the tune of "well it would only be hypocritical if he were a pro-tax candidate" and "nothing illegal has been proved or else it'd be in court", but the impact of these tax returns was never really a function of his base anyway.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In 2018, Trump's fiscal disclosure form (not taxes) said he made over $400 million.

The NYTimes story says Trump actually lost $47 million, and yes, used that to his tax advantage.

If Trump actually did both, he lied on a federal form. That's a felony. Where the hell is @cubby when you need him?
    And even if the IRS is taking a pass on the Resident, as you've already pointed out, NYState sure as shit won't shy away from moving on this information.

Thus far it's been shit to the tune of "well it would only be hypocritical if he were a pro-tax candidate" and "nothing illegal has been proved or else it'd be in court", but the impact of these tax returns was never really a function of his base anyway.
    Well, New York is investigating him for fraud already. They've just been fighting to get his tax records so they can't charge him.

Colour me entirely not shocked that Trumps tax returns reveal him as as a conman and a fraud. Only the most blind cultists like Ghostpanther and Dacien couldn't see through this idiot the second he started stonewalling requests to see them. We've been saying it for a long time, he's a walking national security threat. Not a single intelligence agency in the world would grant a person so deeply submersed in debt and entangled with foreign financiers access to confidential information.

The most incompetent, corrupt president in history without a doubt and extremely easy to see through. I can only marvel at the stupidity of the Trump base. Imagine actually buying this guys crap, god it must feel horrible being that much of a dunce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Right now, they have a tough call to make.

1) They can find a defense, as you suggest, or
    2) They can call the returns fake.

If they call them fake, and they're real, they have no defense left. There is no reason to release fake returns that don't contain a problem, after all. If they defend them, they admit the returns are true and that they are potentially defending a felon.

*cracks knuckles*

Are the tax returns in the NYTimes real or false?

So you know what this means. Trump supporters, and yes let's get some names on the list. Two of them, namely @Orlong and @GreenJesus have failed the last one despite posting in that time, therefore have admitted they are cowards and that Trump lied about the death toll of the coronavirus. So naturally, they're front and center this time. I'll also call upon @lockedout @DocSavageFan and @Thwart to join in, but they've been awfully quiet so I don't expect anything from them.

But, since Trump supporters are continuing to admit they're cowards right and alt-right, I now call upon everyone else to help me. If a poster shows up, trying to defend Trump on literally anything, no matter how many facts they state or no matter how much they lie and troll, you are not to respond to them. You are instead of responding to their post, no matter how genuine or how forums-breaking it is, to redirect them to this challenge. If anyone, anyone, tried to defend Trump on anything, they must first answer my challenge. Do not respond to them, do not engage them, unless they give a simple real/fake answer. Nobody slips through the cracks this time. The NYTimes has evidence that paints Trump as not just a massive business failure but a felon. You cannot defend Trump, without addressing this issue first.

No exceptions. Nobody.

Challenge ends when the first debate starts. Rules about "no responding to Trump supporters for any reason" start in like an hour or so so you have time to catch up.

Don't let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Colour me entirely not shocked that Trumps tax returns reveal him as as a conman and a fraud. Only the most blind cultists like Ghostpanther and Dacien couldn't see through this idiot the second he started stonewalling requests to see them. We've been saying it for a long time, he's a walking national security threat. Not a single intelligence agency in the world would grant a person so deeply submersed in debt and entangled with foreign financiers access to confidential information.

The most incompetent, corrupt president in history without a doubt and extremely easy to see through. I can only marvel at the stupidity of the Trump base. Imagine actually buying this guys crap, god it must feel horrible being that much of a dunce.
    ghostpanther and dacien are just trolls. You can kinda tell with how they spin things that they're aware of their bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    "nothing illegal has been proved or else it'd be in court"
    Hey @Elegiac, what's an audit?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?