Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Caps lock = screaming / yelling. Maybe you were not aware of this, although it is very well known and commonly accepted. There, you learned something new.
    And I precisely said I don't do that. So everything you said is, AGAIN, irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    If you don't think saying "lol you suck" to a random person is flipping out, there is nothing I can do or say to help you. You will have to come to that conclusion yourself after life throws you around a bit once you're out in real world. I sincerely hope it doesn't take you too long. You still seem young enough to turn things around and not let your toxicity ruin your real life like it did your in-game life.
    I don't know what kind of sheltered life you live but over several decades I've seen real life interactions with words way worse than "lol you suck" and actual flaring tempers that were still not at the level of "flipping out".

Flipping out is not just being 1% more agitated than normal. Flipping out is the step before punching/throwing stuff and getting physical.

At this point you're just inventing definitions for the sake of arguing because you know I'm right but won't admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    It's a platform for human interaction. It doesn't matter if this platform is a video-game, your job, the beach or what have you, people should apply the same rules of social interaction. When "but it's just a video-game" becomes an acceptable reason to act differently, you have toxicity.
    Like I said before, I'd actually prefer real life interactions were MORE like "toxic" video games.

Not having to be fake-nice to protect someone's feelings would be great and way faster. The types of people who aren't phased by toxicity and don't let their emotions about emotions (as opposed to emotions about actions) phase them always seem to be more resilient and capable. That's where humans should be trending, always, in every facet of existence: stronger.

See is almost never in game. See it every day on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Adviceanon View Post
    See is almost never in game. See it every day on these forums.
    Yep. I can't even remember last time I experienced any toxicity in WoW. Some months ago, at least. And then some months before that. It happens so rarely.

Humans are general mean spirited selfish beings, but they hide it to fit into social normality. Online behind the vail of Eminemity... not to be confused with Eminem hoodies or M&M's.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Like I said before, I'd actually prefer real life interactions were MORE like "toxic" video games.

Not having to be fake-nice to protect someone's feelings would be great and way faster. The types of people who aren't phased by toxicity and don't let their emotions about emotions (as opposed to emotions about actions) phase them always seem to be more resilient and capable. That's where humans should be trending, always, in every facet of existence: stronger.
    Do you believe there should be consequences for your behavior in a real life scenario? For example, if you acted like an absolute douche to someone, are you ok with them knocking you out cold in front of everyone? Or do you draw the line at physical contact?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I don't know what kind of sheltered life you live but over several decades I've seen real life interactions with words way worse than "lol you suck" and actual flaring tempers that were still not at the level of "flipping out".

Flipping out is not just being 1% more agitated than normal. Flipping out is the step before punching/throwing stuff and getting physical.

At this point you're just inventing definitions for the sake of arguing because you know I'm right but won't admit it.
    I am sorry that you're life so far been like that, but I can assure you that this is not normal. People in civilized society don't behave like that. Now I understand where your toxicity is coming from. I will let this go as this is not your fault. Once again, I am sorry.

People who use the term "toxic" unironically are usually people who are easily offended by anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    People who use the term "toxic" unironically are usually people who are easily offended by anything.
    And people who refer to others as "easily offended" are usually people who are toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    And people who refer to others as "easily offended" are usually people who are toxic.
    HAHA, classic. Truth is, its very much similar to "Could it be that i am actually a nasty person and need to change? No.....No it is everyone else that is wrong, they just get offended to easily".

But this only deals with the two very extreme ends of the spectrum, from people who burst into tears and scream rape if you tap them on the shoulder and ask for directions, through to those who actively try to offend people at every opportunity, and then blame the victim for being "too easily offended".

Do you believe there should be consequences for your behavior in a real life scenario? For example, if you acted like an absolute douche to someone, are you ok with them knocking you out cold in front of everyone? Or do you draw the line at physical contact?
    Physical contact line. Words don't actually have any impact if you don't let them, and someone who runs their mouth but takes no action might as well be ignored.

Someone puts their hands on you? Sure. Line has been crossed. Go ham. Otherwise, I'm of the opinion that everything wrong with the world ultimately boils down to people wanting to control things, and beating someone up because they hurt your wittle feewings is just you being an ape who needs to exert physical control.

I don't mind. I'm big enough, strong enough, and have enough training to run my mouth and no one would think about attacking me anyways, but everyone deserves that right.

Consequences? Sure. That comes in the form of being a social pariah. Ostracizing. People refusing to help you because you're a dick, etc. There's more than enough consequence without someone needing to be an ape who has to physically harm someone because they disagreed with them.

I don't mind. I'm big enough, strong enough, and have enough training to run my mouth and no one would think about attacking me anyways, but everyone deserves that right.
    Oh dear, sometimes i just shake my head when i see garbage like this. This is some 12yo kid stuff right here. "its ok to be toxic because im the biggest, baddest, strongest dude around and i know kung-fu, no one would DARE start a fight with me"

Oh dear, sometimes i just shake my head when i see garbage like this. This is some 12yo kid stuff right here. "its ok to be toxic because im the biggest, baddest, strongest dude around and i know kung-fu, no one would DARE start a fight with me"
    No no no. Everyone else is a problem for being too soft. Not them.

No you fucking fool, that's the entire point of what I was trying to say. I don't mind that apes like you exist "hurr durr I can't deal with emotions and I think I should be able to physically assault someone if they run their mouth because they should f34r me (I always loved the parallel of this type of mentality to baptism btw)!" because I can save myself, but people shouldn't NEED to have that. They shouldn't ever fear for their physical safety because it should never be an option for a response.

Ergo, it's not 12yo stuff. I'm not the one who likes the "talk shit, get hit" mentality. You do. You wouldn't have brought it up otherwise. I'm just saying I'll talk all the shit I want to to someone like you and I wouldn't be scared because you wouldn't do anything anyways, so keep your ape-ness in your pants. It shouldn't be a thing.

12yo mentality is thinking you get to punch people for being mean or rude.

People should be allowed to be as verbally toxic as they want and suffer no physical punishment.

No you fucking fool
    Its only words, why are you so upset? All i asked was:

And you have completely lost your mind and turned extremely aggressive. Considering your stance of "its only words", dont you find it quite ironic that you have become so upset?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-09-28 at 12:45 AM.

No you fucking fool, that's the entire point of what I was trying to say. I don't mind that apes like you exist "hurr durr I can't deal with emotions and I think I should be able to physically assault someone if they run their mouth because they should f34r me (I always loved the parallel of this type of mentality to baptism btw)!" because I can save myself, but people shouldn't NEED to have that. They shouldn't ever fear for their physical safety because it should never be an option for a response.

Ergo, it's not 12yo stuff. I'm not the one who likes the "talk shit, get hit" mentality. You do. You wouldn't have brought it up otherwise. I'm just saying I'll talk all the shit I want to to someone like you and I wouldn't be scared because you wouldn't do anything anyways, so keep your ape-ness in your pants. It shouldn't be a thing.

12yo mentality is thinking you get to punch people for being mean or rude.

People should be allowed to be as verbally toxic as they want and suffer no physical punishment.
    You're the one who brought violence into this conversation. We were talking about how people should be less toxic and straight away you come back with: Nobody is toxic to me, cause I just punch them.

You're the one who brought violence into this conversation. We were talking about how people should be less toxic and straight away you come back with: Nobody is toxic to me, cause I just punch them.
    it seems they are incapable of taking their own advice:

Words don't actually have any impact if you don't let them, and someone who runs their mouth but takes no action might as well be ignored.

And you have completely lost your mind and turned extremely aggressive. Considering your stance of "its only words", dont you find it quite ironic that you have become so upset?
    Alright, so I'll play dumb and pretend you're not an open book: Why did you ask if I felt people should be allowed to get assaulted for talking?

Also, words make people upset. There's nothing wrong with that. Getting upset and getting PHYSICALLY VIOLENT is the whole thing I think is bad. I wouldn't ever actually start anything physical. Ever. Ergo, I don't need to ignore shit, especially on an internet forum where the entire point is to discuss things.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what I started. Arkanon came in with the whole "so how do you feel about people getting assaulted for talking shit?" We all know why they asked that. There's only one reason anyone ever asks that. It's because they think it's a valid solution.

I came back with "Even in your world where people get hit for talking shit, I'd still talk shit and you wouldn't be able to do anything, so you're gonna have to find a different line of reasoning for how you'd 'deal' with toxicity."

Alright, so I'll play dumb and pretend you're not an open book: Why did you ask if I felt people should be allowed to get assaulted for talking?

Also, words make people upset. There's nothing wrong with that. Getting upset and getting PHYSICALLY VIOLENT is the whole thing I think is bad. I wouldn't ever actually start anything physical. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what I started. Arkanon came in with the whole "so how do you feel about people getting assaulted for talking shit?" We all know why they asked that. There's only one reason anyone ever asks that. It's because they think it's a valid solution.
    So you misspoke when you said:

Words don't actually have any impact if you don't let them, and someone who runs their mouth but takes no action might as well be ignored.
    - - - Updated - - -

I came back with "Even in your world where people get hit for talking shit, I'd still talk shit and you wouldn't be able to do anything, so you're gonna have to find a different line of reasoning for how you'd 'deal' with toxicity."
    Holy extrapolation batman! That is some serious mental gymnastics right there. I asked a VERY simple question, and you have decided to draw multiple conclusions from that question, all of which are wrong. Why put entirely made up "quotes" in your comment when the accurate and true quotes are right here for everyone to see?

So you misspoke when you said:
    No, the fact still remains. But I fail to see why I need to not let words "have an impact" right now. I can't do anything I think is horrible anyways, because even if I wanted to punch you, I physically can't. Hence: I love the internet and I love the toxicity it has, and I love that it forces people to live the way I wish they had to in face to face situations. Getting emotional is fine if you're not a bitch who would get physically violent.

all of which are wrong.
    Mhm. Then answer my question: why did you ask what you asked?

Also, lets go one step further and put the focus back where it belongs: do YOU feel it's okay for shit talkers to get beat? Open yourself up. Answer your own question.

Why put entirely made up "quotes" in your comment when the accurate and true quotes are right here for everyone to see?
    Because clearly you couldn't read the deeper meaning and intention of the post.