Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling 10-50 in dungeons?

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone have tested the leveling experience in dungeon from 10 to 50? I have some friends that are coming back and we were thinking of farming dungeon with an optimized group but I'm not sure if it's worth it? Any idea of what expension could be the fastest for dungeons farming?

Thx!

So I just did a random on PTR to test.
    At lvl 47 it gives 38k/130k so around 30% of a level just from the random bonus not including mob exp.
    At lvl 10 the exp is 8.7k/8.5k or 100% ish
    So I would say leveling purely through dungeons is completely viable.
    And you can simply camp next to chromie to change up which expansion you random for if you want so you can vary it up. (some expansions queues will be longer, but doesnt matter if you have a group)

Id say mop, wod, and legion would be the faster leveling dungeons.

Though, I wonder if freehold powerleveling will still be a thing.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hello!

I was wondering if anyone have tested the leveling experience in dungeon from 10 to 50? I have some friends that are coming back and we were thinking of farming dungeon with an optimized group but I'm not sure if it's worth it? Any idea of what expension could be the fastest for dungeons farming?

Thx!
    if you're doing it with a group of 5 then sure. personally I would do BC or Wrath - 16 dungeons each (so lots of variety) plus each one has quests. Classic dungeons also have quests so that is another option as well (20 dungeons there). Cata and MoP dungeons also had quests but there are less dungeons in those expansions. WoD, Legion and BfA don't have dungeon quests unless you count the zone end quests which do give a good chunk of xp

I usually level through dungeons, and I've found a big decline in leveling speed when starting WoD dungeons. Given that WoD has the fastest open-world leveling, you might want to skip WoD dungeons during leveling, Chromie-time making that extremely easy.

UPDATE: Did another dungeon at 47 leveled to 48 during the dungeon
    the exp random bonus exp for 48 was 39k.
    The exp acquired including the bonus 39k was 119224/139k so around 1 dungeon per lvl even at 47/48.
    I did not do any dungeon quests.

The random EXP award is the same across all expansions and classic.
    Therefor I would assume classic dungeons would be the fastest due to their mob density and quests in the dungeons.

EDIT AGAIN: This character has rested exp I didn't notice.
    So without rested the gain is closer to 80k exp for a BFA dungeon with no quests for a 140k lvl so arooound 60ish % of a level per dungeon not including quests. At the very high end almost 50.

To compare WoD bonus objectives give 32k exp at lvl 48 (they are best saved for 40-50)
    WoD treasures give 1.6k exp
    A quest gives 6k-7.5k exp
    A dungeon is very quick around 15-20mins
    Last edited by doodle90; 2020-09-26 at 01:01 PM.

The biggest problem with that is the fact that WoD exists. Unless they do a huge nerf to xp gain from Draenor treasures and bonus objectives, there will be no real reason to level anywhere else, if you want to do it fast.

Treasures are total waste of time for leveling now. it takes 4 of them to equal 1 quest. Like a treasure gives the exp of like killing a few monsters now lol

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Treasures are total waste of time for leveling now. it takes 4 of them to equal 1 quest. Like a treasure gives the exp of like killing a few monsters now lol
    Can confirm. Treasures on Pandaria gave me 1.9k at level 27/28, while a single quest was 8.5k or so.

What about free hold? atm u can get a boost from max lvl from 110-120 in freehold dungeon , after lvl squish since entire BFA is 10-50 , can we just get freehold boost from 10 to 50 ?( getting boosted by lvl 50(old 120) )

At lvl 47 it gives 38k/130k so around 30% of a level just from the random bonus not including mob exp.
    And you can simply camp next to chromie to change up which expansion you random for if you want so you can vary it up. (some expansions queues will be longer, but doesnt matter if you have a group)
    or just play tank :P

It should be feasible. Some people say if you dungeon spam with friends you can do it in like 6 hours. That's less than an hour less than rushing WOD quests. Add in waiting time, say 8-10 hours playtime in dungeons. I personally prefer dungeon spam, so I think I'll do that, plus WOD garrison for mine/herb garden and outdoor stuff.

You can only queue for your chosen expansions dungeons? Even if other expansions are capable of supporting your level? That's a weird design choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Still worth grabbing if you're near. And honestly, with flying, you can probably get to 4 faster than you complete a quest.

Even after they reduced the average leveling time for casualing playing from 48 hours or so with out rushing with 100% winds of wisdom buff down to around 15 hours in Shadowlands, people still want to level the fastest way possible. Isn't it fast enough now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    You can only queue for your chosen expansions dungeons? Even if other expansions are capable of supporting your level? That's a weird design choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Still worth grabbing if you're near. And honestly, with flying, you can probably get to 4 faster than you complete a quest.
    I tested wod treasures on ptr aswell with someone flying me around 310 speed. Wasnt worth anymore compared to questing

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    I tested wod treasures on ptr aswell with someone flying me around 310 speed. Wasnt worth anymore compared to questing
    I could be wrong, but didnt Blizzard openly address this? From memory it was widely accepted this is no longer the way to go. Ill have a dig for a blue but not sure if i just made it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Even after they reduced the average leveling time for casualing playing from 48 hours or so with out rushing with 100% winds of wisdom buff down to around 15 hours in Shadowlands, people still want to level the fastest way possible. Isn't it fast enough now?
    Dungeons is the most fun way to level in my opinion. That and BGs/Island Expeditions.

Questing is just such a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Dungeons is the most fun way to level in my opinion. That and BGs/Island Expeditions.

Questing is just such a nuisance.
    I actually find a combination of all 'viable' options to be the smoothest and most enjoyable way to level MULTIPLE characters. First time through i usually make sure i complete the main stories of the zones im working through, until i figure out if there are unlocks from it, such as WQ needing friendly from every zone etc.

For example, in BfA i would play each zone until friendly, then immediately move to the next zone, to ensure i had friendly with each faction long before hitting 120. Then i would mix and match whatever i wanted - IE, timewalking, dungeons, whatever i felt like.

A lot of the time, i will just quest and queue constantly as dps - that way i dont notice the wait time as im just doing quests. Otherwise, if i am a class with a tank spec, ill just queue up between quest hubs, knock a dungeon out, then move to the next hub.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I actually find a combination of all 'viable' options to be the smoothest and most enjoyable way to level MULTIPLE characters.
    At the end of the day I do all content spread across my characters. But for leveling I just do 1 activity until I reach cap. This expansion it was:

Dungeons only (x3) - Resto Druid, Prot Paladin, Vengeance DH

BGs only (x3) - Mistweaver monk, Holy Priest, Resto Shaman

Island Expeditions only (x1) - Fury warrior

Alliance questing (x1) - Outlaw rogue

Horde questing (x1) - BM Hunter
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-09-27 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    At the end of the day I do all content spread across my characters. But for leveling I just do 1 activity until I reach cap. This expansion it was:

Dungeons only (x3) - Resto Druid, Prot Paladin, Vengeance DH

BGs only (x3) - Mistweaver monk, Holy Priest, Resto Shaman

Island Expeditions only (x1) - Fury warrior

Alliance questing (x1) - Outlaw rogue

Horde questing (x1) - BM Hunter
    Yeah fair enough, different strokes and all that. Personally, i find it gets too tedious, regardless of the content. For that reason, i chop and change a lot. I do remember leveling a resto druid in one expansion almost purely from dungeons. It was a bushpig of a toon as well, had heaps of gear with 3 gem slots, and i just stacked stam and basically built a resto tank. Effective? No, not really, but he would keep 2-3 players busy the entire match.