Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Favorite Underated dungeon?

So with so many dungeons in WoW currently and more on the way with Shadowlands I thought it would be fun to share dungeons that you feel never got the praise they deserve or one that you enjoy despite others not

For me that dungeon would probably be the new version of Razorfen Downs, never really hear much about that one but I thought the small update they gave it in Wod was great!

Also would say Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, I know they wasted Ner'zhul's potential in that one but I loved the visuals and the bosses I thought were pretty fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m sure someone will say Halls of Reflection...

I’ve never really had a favorite dungeon. Some of the ICC ones are good and I didn’t mind Cata. Legion dungeons were meh

Pretty much any WoD dungeon. Return to Karazhan is probably the best dungeon of all time, but it's hardly underrated.

Violet Hold, both versions. People hate it. I love it. I love prison break stories, and it's easy to do on auto pilot when you don't feel like having to do much but still want to do a dungeon.

I always thought that the Nexus looked beautiful for a dungeon. Lots of ''cool'' things that are going on, its rather large and doesn't take to long to complete. I don't often hear people say what they think of this dungeon but for me its one of my favorites.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like the revamped Deadmines.
    Kupo.

I don't know if underrated is the right word, but OG Black Rock mountain with BRD, LBRS, UBRS are just the pinnacle of WoW dungeoneering.

A lot of people don't like them or run them, hell even in Classic some people will just avoid it after getting what they need out of it (not helping guildies types). I don't care that they take me all damn night, it's such an experience, a ton of fun.

The original Scholomance. Oh, how I miss that place.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Fawkess one of the best, but underrated dungeons is definitely Magister's Terrace. I know it became a meme with the (in) famous Merely a Setback™ thing, but I really enjoyed it as a BE player, starting in Eversong and then doing all the world tour across Kalimdor, EK and Outland, only to go back to your home turf... Gave me a sense of full circle which has never been surpassed imo. Also the dungeon itself was quite challenging at the beginning, unless you were fully decked in T5 or badge gear (which incidentally came in the same patch as badge gear iirc).

And yes, SBG in WoD was quite nice too. I think it was one of the dungeons that really made you feel in an alternate universe. Too bad that it really did dirty to my Ner'zhul boi
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    RFD I dont know what it is but I really like Quillboar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love Grim Batol. Especially before it was nerfed.

Beyond that, Old Scholo and Strat.

Shattered Halls and Shadow Labyrinth, in their release state.

SH because it really felt like raiding a fortress ninja squad stye (with some added flavor if you actually had a rogue in your group), pressured by the timer before the hostages are killed, armies being send your way with archers in the backline. It's like Ghost of Tsushima, just with Orcs and no one screams DOSHO...DOSHO!

Shadow Labs only because of the Mind Control boss in his unnerfed form. God that was so fun, yet hated by so many.

Don't know about underrated, but Zul'aman is the first one to come to mind. Cata one in particular (didn't really experience ZA in bc)

Gonna have to go with Seat of the Triumvirate. So many people hated that dungeon at the end of legion but it was one the best ones they put out in legion, and also seemed like the basis for half the dungeons in BFA.

Tricky, I don't know if its underrated or not but:

Mana Tombs. Love the atmosphere and music.

Shattered Halls as well as mentioned above. Its one of the hardest dungeons I have experienced in WoW but I really liked that it was long, cc heavy and it had the timer which were cool. Of course eventually it turned into aoe fest, but in the start it was a tough one.

I could list more but dont think they are underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    RFD I dont know what it is but I really like Quillboar.
    Hell yeah, Razorfen Downs has an awesome vibe. Some others for me:

The original Blackfathom Deeps was very fun and immersive as a Night Elf. In terms of aesthetic and general atmosphere, it felt like you were playing a character in a Warcraft 3 Night Elf campaign mission (similar to the Tomb of Sargeras one featured in W3, with underground/underwater ruins and all).

Wailing Caverns truly feels like a dungeon in truest sense of the word, especially as a Horde race (Tauren, Troll, or Orc, that is).

The pyramid/stair boss even in Zul'Farrak felt quite epic the first time I did it in vanilla.

I actually really enjoyed The Occulus in pre-made groups back in the day.

Always loved Halls of Reflection. Its often forgotten about because it was released alongside the LFD system. It also has the best VO in the whole game, "Dis pear... SO DELICIOUS" hahaha

pm me!

5+ Year Old Account
    How am I supposed to know which one is actually underrated?

I loved Eye of Azshara in Legion, because of its layout and bosses.

Dunno about underrated, but I always liked Halls of Valor a lot except for Tyrannical high keys where Hyrja became a stupidly oppressive boss. The look and feel of the place is just great and every boss is otherwise fun to fight. But very few liked running it. Also liked Eye of Azshara a lot, but maybe in part because as a Fury Warrior I got to wreck the meters on the final boss.

Zul'farrak is a favorite vanilla dungeon of mine, primarily due to the awesome pyramid event. People rave about BRD but I always found the place just too big for its own good and padded with too many filler enemies and bosses.

In BFA King's Rest is a favorite of mine as well apart from the Shadow of Zul on Fortified before all the nerfs. The atmosphere is top-notch and Dazar is probably the best dungeon boss ever made.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.