10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    they deserved it
    Finally, an honest response.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    they had that kind of power in 2008 and they accomplished ABSOLUTELY NOTHING aside from passing a bill that was already proposed by the gop over a decade before that.
    1) Yeah, Dems are bought by industry too. We're working on that problem, unlike the GOP
    2) 12 years have gone by- as feckless as the Dems can be, it's unlikely that they will, as they did in 2009, assume that the GOP will act in good faith.
    3) There was a bit of an economic crisis going on at the time, if you hadn't noticed. Sometimes you don't get to choose the priorities you inherit.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The way McConnell runs the Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if he just cheats his way to victory each time. I've seen some of the reports on him being entirely unpopular in Kentucky yet still eeks out wins. I'm not sure gerrymandering would affect a state-wide election, but I'm not sure how Kentucky runs their state elections.

Tribalism is probably the reason he continues to win - especially the past two elections (and now apparently this one).
    How old is that turtle?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    they deserved it, they were an angry mob threatening the lives of those in the car, they broke the cars rear window in when they were beating on it. This is no different from when BLM illegally detains and intimidates drivers. If you want to protest in the streat fine, but if you get run over for your actions then that's on you. we have historical evidence of what happens when mobs pull folks from vehicles and it ain't pretty. Doesnt matte rif you are a trump supporter or Antifa or BLM. Mob justice is not to be trusted.
    Maybe you should rethink that statement. Not sure you understand you're saying MLK Jr deserved to be run over by a car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Finally, an honest response.
    It’s not... that’s CGI...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    How old is that turtle?
    He is running for his 7th term as Senator. He's almost 80.

Maybe you should rethink that statement. Not sure you understand you're saying MLK Jr deserved to be run over by a car.
    i stand by my statement that when an angry mob used force against a vehicle, that it is in the best interests of those inside the vehicle to avoid harm by any means necessary, up to and including driving through the mob. Your political ideology does not grant one the right to illegally detain and assault those inside and there is historical evidence of what happens to those who have left their fate to the judgment of mobs. By all means, you are welcome to use the tactic of shutting down roadways in protest, but you best be ready to face the full mass of that which you try to intimidate with force.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-28 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Minor Trollng
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

He is running for his 7th term as Senator. He's almost 80.
    Turtles can live for a long time, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

i stand by my statement that when an angry mob used force against a vehicle, that it is in the best interests of those inside the vehicle to avoid harm by any means necessary, up to and including driving through the mob. Your political igoogle does not grant one the right to illegally detain and assault those inside and there is historical evidence of what happens to those who have left their fate to the judgment of mobs. By all means, you are welcome to use the tactic of shutting down roadways in protest, but you best be ready to face the full mass of that you try to indictment with force.
    Protests should just stay out of the way anyway, right? I mean, how dare anyone be incovenienced?!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Republican states, especially ones with a large faction of extremist christian elements, are also the worst ones to live in by nearly every metric available. Really this is just the southeast. Some of the worst for poverty, health, education, etc... just about everything.

If it's one thing that all of these state "laboratories" have proven it's that right wing politics mixed with supply side Jesus is a great way to make people's lives shittier.

And yet they keep voting republican. I can only imagine it's because they are already conditioned by their brand of religion to blindly follow and not ask tough questions. Having grown up around them, this makes the most sense. It kind of explains why someone like McConnell can keep office.
    The republican go-to for why their trickle down economic models don't work when they're given free reign to pursue them is always that somewhere, somehow, the democrats are actually screwing it up, and that it'd work perfectly fine if the insidious liberals weren't secretly undermining them.

It's sort of a catch-22; the problem with republicans holding total power is that, when things inevitably go to shit, it's far more difficult for them to blame the democrats for their conceptually-faulty republican economic and social models going south. They need someone to blame.

Hell, look at the Trump administration. He's not bandying about any of his "republican successes," despite the fact that for the first two years of his presidency republicans practically had total control. He's focusing on trying to demonize Biden as being some "radical left puppet" while simultaneously working to undermine the election in any way possible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Turtles can live for a long time, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Protests should just stay out of the way anyway, right? I mean, how dare anyone be incovenienced?!
    no they should not. But they should expect retaliation for any harm they choose to inflict.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account

To paraphrase Stevie Wonder's thoughts on the matter, they're angry enough about the protests to complain about them, but not angry enough about them to actually try and fix the things people are protesting about.

As far as I'm concerned... if that's indeed their attitude they can stay inconvenienced.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    no they should not. But they should expect retaliation for any harm they choose to inflict.
    Why would you retaliate against protests?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    i stand by my statement that when an angry mob used force against a vehicle, that it is in the best interests of those inside the vehicle to avoid harm by any means necessary, up to and including driving through the mob. Your political ideology does not grant one the right to illegally detain and assault those inside and there is historical evidence of what happens to those who have left their fate to the judgment of mobs. By all means, you are welcome to use the tactic of shutting down roadways in protest, but you best be ready to face the full mass of that which you try to intimidate with force.
    You're describing murder. And stating that you support murder.

What the hell is wrong with you? You've been inconvenienced slightly, and that triggers a death sentence on those who annoy you?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    i stand by my statement that (1)when an angry mob used force against a vehicle, that it is in the best interests of those inside the vehicle to avoid harm by any means necessary, up to and including driving through the mob. Your political ideology does not grant one the right to illegally detain and assault those inside and there is historical evidence of what happens to those who have left their fate to the judgment of mobs. By all means, (2)you are welcome to use the tactic of shutting down roadways in protest, but you best be ready to face the full mass of that which you try to intimidate with force.
    You're saying two things here. (1) defending yourself from harm. (2)The other is running down peaceful protesters, murdering them in cold blood. You need to rethink that statement before you face repercussions, both on this forum and in your own conscience.

Now would that be harm to their white fragility, or something even more ethereal like harm to the status quo?

You support James Alex Fields Jr.'s actions, don't you? Go ahead, get it off your chest and let the world see what's really motivating this trip into a hypothetical lala land of scary protestors with their giant penises threatening innocent motorists just trying to drive their beautiful white families to church!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He really needs to rethink that position. Condoning the murder of peaceful protesters, even calling for it, isn't what any decent human being does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I know, right? The hypocrisy of the Left never ceases to amaze. Mark Dice weighs in...

(some idiot's opinion on a YT video)
    List of people I don't care about, starting from bottom to top:

Kim Kardashian
    Kanye West
    Logan Paul
    Jake Paul

Hol' up . . . got a few more to go through

Cardi B
    Joe Rogan

Oh there he is

Mark Dice.

Not the bottom of the list, but definitely on it. There are more on the list, but I don't think I need to bore you with that.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're describing murder. And stating that you support murder.

What the hell is wrong with you? You've been inconvenienced slightly, and that triggers a death sentence on those who annoy you?
    You're saying two things here. (1) defending yourself from harm. (2)The other is running down peaceful protesters, murdering them in cold blood. You need to rethink that statement before you face repercussions, both on this forum and in your own conscience.
    nah im fine. your advice ends like this.

-snip-

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Now would that be harm to their white fragility, or something even more ethereal like harm to the status quo?

You support James Alex Fields Jr.'s actions, don't you? Go ahead, get it off your chest and let the world see what's really motivating this trip into a hypothetical lala land of scary protestors with their giant penises threatening innocent motorists just trying to drive their beautiful white families to church!
    well that's lie since i already explained in this very thread that what james id was not fleeing for his life.. he was the instigator. strange that you would lie like that..no wait it isn't.. the authoritarian left wing does lies all the time.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-28 at 10:21 PM.

Coming out with the tax returns a good month before the election makes me wonder wtf else is in store for Trump. I'd be very worried if I were him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well the two president they praise above others were both celebrities. They also raise any D list celebrity to the highest fashion like Adam Carolla. The only celebrities I have respect for are the ones who focus more on policy issues, but even then I don't use them as some metric of validation. Hollywood is just as out of touch with common struggles as Wall Street.
    I'd actually say they're way more in tune. Most actors (unlike Wall Street bros, who usually come from monied families) are solidly middle class and struggling before they're discovered. Unless you're like, Meryl Streep or someone, who was born into Hollywood elite already.