Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Turalyon will be crowned as the new King due to Anduin's absence, and thereafter another couple of years, Yrel will come back and will convince Turalyon that the only way for Azeroth to have true and lasting peace is by converting everyone else to the light's will.

Alleria will be upset about Turalyon's newest partner and with the aid of the Void Elves, the Ethereals, and the knifu, she'll recruit dissidents from both factions into the Void side. Horde and Alliance will be near extinction as Stormwind and Silvermoon are already under the light's forces control, while Exodar and Thunder Bluff lean towards it.
    Well, that was an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Let Anduin rot in the Maw for the rest of eternity, I don't give the slightest shit for him.

Turalyon all the way. I want him to be aggressive, I'd love this. But if they dare to turn him into a villain I'm done. Yeah I know, his reintroduction sucked ass. But he is way too important as a character to me, because of his past history and achievements. I don't have to mention his WC2 background, I'm sure everyone in here knows about it.
    Anduin is not interesting because Blizzard has made him this way. From my understanding they are trying to address this.

Turalyon super aggressive? I'm not entirely sure about that. Are you not content with Greymane being the angry grandpa? (I don't have issues with Greymane. Just sayin')

Another thing is I don't want Anduin to be incredibly aggressive either. Is that what people really want for his character? A Greymane JR. I have been pushing Anduin to get development for a while now, but him being domineering and violent is not what I mean. It's like that awful clip in 8.3 of him punching Wraithon it was so cringe for me. It felt so forced. People blamed he was under N'zoth influence but still. Only reason I let it slide was because I dislike Wraithon's perm with a passion...

Anduin doesn't need to have violent tendencies to be a man. (Stereotype) That isn't what I was hoping for with him. It's trials and tribulations that will groom him into a man. Mistakes.. in depth character development. I do strongly want him to become a Paladin. Some of the greatest and most honorable characters in this franchise are Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If the Alliance needs a villain (because Blizzard just can't think of another way to move the plot forward), I hope it's Alleria and not Turalyon. Turalyon is a weakling, a fool who was completely clowned by an exhausted Illidan. Meanwhile Alleria has merged with the very essence of a darkened naaru, and as shown in the Visions of N'Zoth, possesses the power to corrupt an entire city. Alleria would make for a much more badass and compelling villain than Turalyon. So if the Alliance needs a villain at all costs, I hope Alleria somehow usurps Turalyon, or perhaps serves as the true power behind the throne manipulating everyone. I would expect nothing less from an ominous and cunning void elf.
    I hope it's Alleria too. Get rid of all the Windrunners. Have her die off-screen this time for the amount of grief I have to put with with her other sister. Grief of a terribly written character and fake empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    I hope it's Alleria too. Get rid of all the Windrunners. Have her die off-screen this time for the amount of grief I have to put with with her other sister. Grief of a terribly written character and fake empowerment.
    Lol that's not happening, did you not hear what I said? She merged with a dark naaru, she is special. She's not some fodder tertiary character like Cairne. She won't die off-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You're missing the point of why Xe'ra was a problem. The naaru are benevolent by nature but, like the Pantheon, they're also single minded. Xe'ra (and Turalyon) believed her prophecy was the only path forward.
    X'era was problematic? How? For fighting evil for thousands of years? As opposed to Illidan who was a character that defines the concept of "morally grey" in trying to defeat the Legion from the inside using their own powers.... I cant see the comparison at all. And regardless, a being such as X'era as the Prime Naauru should never have been destroyed by Illidan in the first place. The only thing problematic is how they shoehorned that "dramatic encounter" into the story and butchered the lore of the N'aauru. Besides, in the same expansion we were shown that "dark" N'aaru turn into void forms not "grey" forms. So literally there is no shade of "morally grey" kind of "N'aauru". Not unless they are going to alter the lore again and claim that the void isn't "bad" any more as evidence by the new 'void elfs' that also came out of the same lore butchering that went on in Legion..... Ultimately I don't see it as anything satisfying story wise as opposed to hacking up the lore to suit the needs of continuing game play. Certain forces of the universe on the level of light, void, death, life and so forth should at some point be internally consistent to their intended purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    The attack on camp taurajo was a mistake because of false info provided saying they were planing an attack on aliance

The kezan attack was no reason?lol it was to capture thrall,and one boat getting attacked to capture the leader of the horde potentialy ending the war isnt exactly a bad thing,hard to compare that to any acts the horde did,plus i dont think we know who oredered that,it matteres if its a random lord trying to score points vs when a leader does it

What orc slaves?where?i havent heard about this still going on,and in no way if it is,is it going on with anduins aproval

Genn war criminal...hahahahahaha...what?sure hes a little hotblooded because of sylvanas killing his son and he can make rash choices,and was quick to blame the horde in legion...BUT,he didnt act alone or disobey orders,anduin was tricked by dreadlords and told that the horde is planing an attack....anduin told greymane to go there and attack them,he didnt act alone,again...another attack based on false info...this is a trend here

The rastakan kill is weird,done purely by blizz to push his daugther in the front more,that one could have been handled better,but yeah...killing ONE faction leader to defeat an army they are at war with isnt comparable with the genosides horde has done

Purge of dalaran...surprise surprise...another act done base on false info...seriously how lazy is blizzard with this trope?and yeah,jaina was royaly pissed and wanted to find any excuse to attack horde...because??of what garrosh did! also...they had the chance for jaina to annihilate orgrimmar...but they ofc can never have the aliance comit an actual act of evil DUH!

anyways,i think my point was made,everytime the aliance does something that can be seen as objectivly evil,its ALWAYS based on some kind of mistake or bad info or as a direct result of something FAR WORSE the horde did to lead them there,and even then,its NEVER EVER on the scale that the horde leadership does it 100% willingly and with that exact intent

dont get me wrong,im not happy the aliance is treated like angels and horde like monsters,its booring
    The attack on Taurajo was NOT a mistake. They allegedly let civilians leave but then razed the village to the ground with said civilians still there.

The attack on the goblins was done purely to attempt to eliminate witnesses when the Alliance tried to capture Thrall. That's pretty fucked.

Orc slaves are talked about in the Precious Cargo quest.

Genn 100% committed a war crime. Attacking an opponent during a ceasefire is a war crime. He wasn't ordered by anyone to do so and did it because he was pissed at Sylvanas. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Anduin being tricked by Dreadlords because that did NOT happen.

Rastakahn was killed despite being ordered to be taken alive. Shortly before that, the Alliance summoned a lava golem in the market district of the city....ya know....where it was ALL civilians. And you say genocides as if it's plural. The only thing that can be considered genocide was maybe Teldrassil but even that technically doesn't fit the definition of what a genocide is.

The Purge of Dalaran was done purposefully by Jaina and the Silver Covenant. Jaina was a representative of the Alliance at the time so therefore, the Alliance should be held responsible. There was no "false info".

And yes. You have proven that no matter what, Alliance fans will justify the shitty actions of the Alliance no matter how heinous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    I never saw this. Can you point me to the location/quest?
    It's in the opening set of quests in the Jade Forest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yeah. So nothing at all.

The Horde murdered an entire race. Destroyed 3 nations. Plagued Lordaeron. Enslaved a Naaru.
    The Horde did NOT murder an entire race. They did NOT destroy 3 nations. Arguably they destroyed one with Theramore but it was a legitimate target due to Theramore being the Alliance's largest naval installation. And what fucking Naaru did they enslave?!

Thank you for further proving that Alliance fans refuse to acknowledge the terrible things the Alliance has done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So apparently he's the new leader of the Alliance. In 8.3 we got this goodie from the Rumor Tumor:

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

Could Turalyon be the next Garrosh by forcing the Light on everyone?
    i mean turylon was literally the opposite of that, having fought the light to defend the right of other people not using the light, being his wife using the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It wasn't an act of aggression and more like an act of self-defense. Yes, they were acting on false information, but it was information they believed to be true.

They were hunting for Thrall, and goblins were known to work with the Horde in more than one occasion.

What? When and where?

You basically just conceded that Greymane was acting on his own accord.

If he surrendered. Rastakhan did not surrender and opted to fight.

What? When and where?

You mean the consequences for failing to obey the decree to leave the city?

They technically haven't surrendered as they were trying to swim to the shore, but yes, they were gunned down, but judging by the reactions of the other Alliance NPCs, they did not agree with that decision.

When did this happen?

Troops? When and where?

You're confusing the Horde with the Alliance there.
    Taurajo absolutely was an act of aggression. They burned the village to the ground with civilians still there.

They still fired on goblin ships that were fleeing Kezan. Their reasoning for it doesn't justify it.

Precious Cargo quest talks about it.

He is still a representative of the Alliance and therefore his actions are Alliance actions. Especially since he was accompanied by Alliance soldiers to do it.

Anduin didn't say "If he surrenders". He explicitly said to take him alive.

You find out about the torture during the quests in the Southern Barrens.

Jaina told the Sunreavers to leave and didn't have the backing of the Kirin Tor to do so. What she did was heinous and she straight up killed fleeing blood elf citizens that had nothing to do with the Sunreavers just because they were blood elves.

It still happened. The soldiers were unarmed and were trying to swim to shore. Whether or not a couple Alliance NPCs didn't agree with it, it was still a heinous act carried out by the Alliance.

It happens in the Southern Barrens. The dwarves wipe out an entire tribe that was trying to get the dwarves to stop digging up their holy land.

And no I'm not. The Alliance absolutely had child slaves in the Jade Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The attack on Taurajo was NOT a mistake. They allegedly let civilians leave but then razed the village to the ground with said civilians still there.

The attack on the goblins was done purely to attempt to eliminate witnesses when the Alliance tried to capture Thrall. That's pretty fucked.

Genn 100% committed a war crime. Attacking an opponent during a ceasefire is a war crime. He wasn't ordered by anyone to do so and did it because he was pissed at Sylvanas. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Anduin being tricked by Dreadlords because that did NOT happen.

Rastakahn was killed despite being ordered to be taken alive. Shortly before that, the Alliance summoned a lava golem in the market district of the city....ya know....where it was ALL civilians. And you say genocides as if it's plural. The only thing that can be considered genocide was maybe Teldrassil but even that technically doesn't fit the definition of what a genocide is.

The Purge of Dalaran was done purposefully by Jaina and the Silver Covenant. Jaina was a representative of the Alliance at the time so therefore, the Alliance should be held responsible. There was no "false info".

And yes. You have proven that no matter what, Alliance fans will justify the shitty actions of the Alliance no matter how heinous.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The Horde did NOT murder an entire race. They did NOT destroy 3 nations. Arguably they destroyed one with Theramore but it was a legitimate target due to Theramore being the Alliance's largest naval installation. And what fucking Naaru did they enslave?!

Thank you for further proving that Alliance fans refuse to acknowledge the terrible things the Alliance has done.
    you are factualy wrong on these points,its in the books,try googling about them individualy,also,nice strawman lol,im in no way an aliance ''fan'',i have played both factions fairly equaly and i prefer horde in almost every aspect,from aestetics,lore(the good parts few as they are),but im not blind to the FACTS,that blizzard has a boner to make horde evil genosidal baby killing maniacs and aliance angels with minor hickups in jugdement

Taurajo absolutely was an act of aggression. They burned the village to the ground with civilians still there.
    You are wrong, there. The only civilians that died there were the ones that likely chose not to flee, considering the Alliance left gaps in their formation to let them escape.

Precious Cargo quest talks about it.
    No, it does not. Throughout the entire quest, you find only one orc being imprisoned, Thrall, and no one else. And the only time the word "slave" is mentioned is Thrall guessing what his destiny would be.

He is still a representative of the Alliance and therefore his actions are Alliance actions. Especially since he was accompanied by Alliance soldiers to do it.
    Okay. So I'm assuming you think all of Sylvanas' actions, from vanilla to BfA, are actions of the Horde? Even the ones that she does in secret or against the orders of the Warchief? If so, it's the Horde who's to blame for blighting Gilneas? For blightning Southshore? Should Lor'themar be blamed for the bombing of Theramore? Maybe you should call for punishment against Baine for what Garrosh did to the Valley of Eternal Blossoms?

Anduin didn't say "If he surrenders". He explicitly said to take him alive.
    You're being incredibly disingenuous by saying they "murdered" Rastakhan. Graymane requests king Rastakhan's surrender, but the zandalari troll king only mocks him and says that he would not surrender and openly states that he will fight to kill them all. Imagine if Rastakhan was successful in his fight and killed Greymane. In this hypothetical case, would you say that "Rastakhan murdered Greymane"?

You find out about the torture during the quests in the Southern Barrens.
    Some actual links to those quests or at least their names would be fine. Because there's dozens of quests for the Horde in that zone and I don't feel like checking every single one of them to find evidence for your claim.

Jaina told the Sunreavers to leave and didn't have the backing of the Kirin Tor to do so. What she did was heinous and she straight up killed fleeing blood elf citizens that had nothing to do with the Sunreavers just because they were blood elves.
    She was the leader of the Kirin Tor at the time so I believe she technically didn't need the backing of the council. And again, she did not kill civilians. She teleported them into the Violet Hold.

It still happened. The soldiers were unarmed and were trying to swim to shore. Whether or not a couple Alliance NPCs didn't agree with it, it was still a heinous act carried out by the Alliance.
    So, since we're talking about the Alliance, it doesn't matter what the other NPCs think about it. But for the incident of Dalaran mentioned above, suddenly what the rest of the faction thinks matters?

It happens in the Southern Barrens. The dwarves wipe out an entire tribe that was trying to get the dwarves to stop digging up their holy land.
    Again, quest links or names would be of great value.

And no I'm not. The Alliance absolutely had child slaves in the Jade Forest.
    No. No, they did not have slaves. So far you made lots of claims and only presented one piece of evidence (the Precious Cargo quest), which also didn't help your case any. Show me actual evidence of Alliance taking pandaren children slaves. Your "because I say so" is not sufficient evidence. Because there is undeniable evidence of the Horde using pandaren children as slaves. Whereas in the Horde "equivalent" quest, the pandaren only thinks they're being held against their will, but when you get there, the pandaren are freely walking around, and you can just tell them "go home", whereas in the Alliance quest, the pandaren cubs are actually being held by warlock magic.

And also: I'm still waiting on evidence of void elves using "a form of necromancy" on Zandalari troops like you claimed here:
    The Void elves performing a form of necromancy on Zandalari troops.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    I never saw this. Can you point me to the location/quest?
    He's wrong there. The Alliance are using volunteers, who you could maybe make an argument that they're being overworked, but they're not treated anywhere near like slaves. Whereas the Alliance equivalent for that quest actually has the Horde kidnapping pandaren cubs and using them as barganing chips, and when you go free them, you see them bound by warlock magic.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-09-27 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Precisely. They're not killing off Alleria and Turalyon after such a long wait to have them back in the storyline. They're also fairly popular characters. Alleria is quite controversial but regardless very well-known, and Turalyon is one of the most iconic paladins in the franchise.
    implying blizz gives a shit
    they killed of people who had a considerably larer fanbase than both of them. turalyon and alleria simply arent all that anymore. theyve been gone for 20 something years, and their introduction and use in legion and bfa have been anything but impressive
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

I have given more thought to my comment about Greymane the angry grandpa.

If they go the route of making Turalyon cranky too. The Alliance can have their own show of Grumpy old men, eh?? *nudge nudge*
    I guess this is what everyone is hoping for.. some slapstick comedy. They will become every ones favorite duo in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thermore, Gilneas, and Darnassus. You're welcome

For the Naaru, see : https://wow.gamepedia.com/M%27uru

The Horde is, and has always been the evil faction wheter you like it or not.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yrel will be the Light Crusader. Turalyon is nothing but a choir boy compared to her. Mr. "I love The Light but my wife ate the heart of a Void Lord with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Mr. "Illidan just killed my God, but I'm just going to sneer like a chump cause he's too strong." He couldn't pop a grape in a food fight anymore than he could man up to instill his will and zealotry over The Alliance to carry out his ideals. Better men than him (of The Scarlet Crusade) have tried.
    Did you forget the part where he was torturing people or

3+ Year Old Account
    You guys should know Turalyon made himself clear he loves Alleria more than he loves the Light

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    When did this happen?
    the Stonespire Tribe
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    You guys should know Turalyon made himself clear he loves Alleria more than he loves the Light

the Stonespire Tribe
    As he should, since Alleria saved Turalyon's and the player character's lives on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

the Stonespire Tribe
    Turalyon can always return to Calia Menethil
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    So you are comparing Yrel to Sylvanas then? When was Sylvanas trying to indoctrinate everyone into the light, and lets save us time by excluding bending logic that forsaken would be this cuz free will contradicts that, or undead controlled by helm of domination, ie, the jailers power to dominate souls and control mindlessly.
    My comparison is mostly because Yrel alone vs the Alliance and Horde will be an one sided battle and she is going down quickly just like we did with the Iron Horde. Her taking the command of the alliance is the only way to make her a big threat without having to give Sylvanas' saiyan powers.

Besides Sylvanas was really out to convert people for a cosmic power, just for that she required to kill the people first.

Turalyon shares this parallel but fate stepped in with illidan as well as alleria (whom he imprisoned on behalf of the army of the light instead of executing or forcing to accept the light like xe'ra wanted)
    He's a pretty weak willed individual and if someone sends his wife away to some senseless mission, he will lost himself in the light, remember the naaru can overwrite the will of others

Saurfang followed the ways of the old horde and became disenfranchised with what it had become under Sylvanas, questioning his loyalty and still adhering to that old code of honor going as far as attempting suicide at the gates of Lordaeron with an honorable death. Zappy boi reminds him what the modern horde is and he gets the ending he wanted while still maintaining his honor in service of the horde and not to himself.
    Saurfang was just like Turalyon as you mentioned up but if the writers needs someone to hold the idiotic ball, they'll write it that way, besides what's going to do if everyone but him and the void elves oppose the new regime? Like not for nothing Blizzard has laid this build up with the civilian population of the Alliance being at the edge and boiling a massive hatred toward the Horde for nothing, this is just to paviment the Alliance taking the spot as the "faction managed by a crazy warmonger"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Turalyon can always return to Calia Menethil
    Excuse me, but... "return" to Calia Menethil? When were she and Turalyon ever together in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Never going to happen, the Alliance is the good faction. They are physically unable to do anything evil or take initiative to stop things before they happen. The Alliance can only react while the Horde keeps getting hit with the dumb ass villain bat. At this point, the Horde has terminal brain damage.
    Really? So Turalyon using the light to hold down civilians while alleria uses void magic to interogate/punish them is good?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Really? So Turalyon using the light to hold down civilians while alleria uses void magic to interogate/punish them is good?
    It isn't good by any means, but it's likely to be swept under the carpet and never ever talked about again. As has been the case every single time the Alliance did something funky.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I like how these discussions always seem to revolve around our contemporary opinions on war.

To be fair, Blizzard seems to indulge the same kind of thinking, and they themselves, seem to take stances all over the place. Shame, really.