Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Why should a person on a public forum do anything for the sake of other people?
    Sad truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thanks I'll look into it.
    As a heads up, the rare is called the Gorged Shadehound and is in the Beast Warrens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's debatable after the "Chronicle was written by the titans" but as far as we can tell, the Titans don't have the power to make planes of existence. Basically lore says the Keepers, considerably weaker than the Titans, made the planes as prisons? I think it's safe to assume the elemental planes already existed & the warring elementals were just banished there.
    i think this is more or less the correct answer, if you look at the cosmo image, you can see fire, air, and others as something like their own planes, we also saw a hint of elemental planes in other things, like the legion invasions in argus where you can go to a fire/ice place that look like an elemental plane, apparently the emerald dream is also something who already existed, as their own plane, that the keepers linked to azeroth

And, draenor had the elements, hen they die they have to go somewhere, going to the elemental plane is the logical solution, like demons/naaru go to their own plane, and its unlikely that draenor elements go to the azeroth elemental prison

i think 4 different elemental planes for each planet sounds dumb and not necessary, only one is enough..

i mean, that would be easiest route, but its blizzard, who know what rope analogy they can come up

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Except every being in every universe end up in this single instance of Shadowlands.
    Which is a complete nonissue because the Shadowlands are infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I didnt ask for your wall of text no offense.

If a keeper can forge the planes then so could a titans.

Just because the chronicles is the universe perspective of titans doesn’t automatically make it false.
    tl;dr Plane of Fire still Plane of Fire before & after the Titans built a fence around it. The entire Cosmology is just their system of fences.

The other cosmic beings are not fans of their fences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is a complete nonissue because the Shadowlands are infinite.
    It's a bit of an issue when they're repeatedly telling us the characters are just pieces of people. Makes me empathize with Sylvanas' whole "You'll only be whole when you're dead" thing

tl;dr Plane of Fire still Plane of Fire before & after the Titans built a fence around it.
    Source? Keepers created the planes unless it was retconned post-chronicles.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-09-28 at 08:11 AM.

tl;dr Plane of Fire still Plane of Fire before & after the Titans built a fence around it. The entire Cosmology is just their system of fences.

The other cosmic beings are not fans of their fences.
    Can you please keep your headcanon out of this? There is no Plane of Fire that we know of. Same for the other elements. Azeroth's Elemental Plane is an entirely artificial place specific to Azeroth. Draenor doesn't have an equivalent, the elementals simply roam the place freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Source? Keepers created the planes unless it was retconned post-chronicles.
    chronicles has already been reconned into being Titan propaganda. Fire is just fire. They pushed all the fire together & named it "elemental plane of fire" but they didn't invent fire elementals. My point was that the circles on the chart are mutable because Titans goal was to turn the universe into something made up of little circles but the others don't want that

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please keep your headcanon out of this? There is no Plane of Fire that we know of. Same for the other elements. Azeroth's Elemental Plane is an entirely artificial place specific to Azeroth. Draenor doesn't have an equivalent, the elementals simply roam the place freely.
    It's right there on the Cosmology chart tho. You're arguing my point for me: That these things on the chart aren't naturally locations you can actually stand on, just that the titans wanted them to be made that way.

chronicles has already been reconned into being Titan propaganda. Fire is just fire. They pushed all the fire together & named it "elemental plane of fire" but they didn't invent fire elementals. My point was that the circles on the chart are mutable because Titans goal was to turn the universe into something made up of little circles but the others don't want that

- - - Updated - - -

It's right there on the Cosmology chart tho. You're arguing my point for me: That these things on the chart aren't naturally locations you can actually stand on, just that the titans wanted them to be made that way.
    your entire point goes bye bye when the fact the emerald dream which is a blueprint for azeroth is also on that chart

forces dont mean theres a plane for each but there are planes for the elements on azeroth
    firelands is one of them

wow lore is no longer consistent man, it sucks, like there are some cool parts but as a whole its jsut a mess

By that logic, there is a light plane though, since it is also on the cosmology chart. The chart doesn't chart places, it charts the various players involved.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    your entire point goes bye bye when the fact the emerald dream which is a blueprint for azeroth is also on that chart

forces dont mean theres a plane for each but there are planes for the elements on azeroth
    firelands is one of them
    There's only one plane for all of the four classic elements, actually. It's also explicitly a prison. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Plane

By D&D rules, it'd probably be more of a demiplane.

By that logic, there is a light plane though, since it is also on the cosmology chart. The chart doesn't chart places, it charts the various players involved.

There's only one plane for all of the four classic elements, actually. It's also explicitly a prison. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Plane

By D&D rules, it'd probably be more of a demiplane.
    its a pocket dimension for azeroth

The Elemental Plane is the prison plane constructed by the Keepers where they imprisoned the elementals ages ago, before they defeated the Old Gods. The plane consists of four interlinked regions existing within a pocket dimension,[1] each representing one of the major elements - Skywall (air), Deepholm (earth), the Abyssal Maw (water) and the Firelands (fire). Highlord Demitrian described it as "the core of this world".

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    wow lore is no longer consistent man, it sucks, like there are some cool parts but as a whole its jsut a mess
    Lol "no longer". It has literally never been.

the elemental planes of azeroth are different from all of the other planes for example the shadowlands

this can be seen by the fact that while the shadowlands and even the twisting nether bridge multiple dimensions that we saw nothing to do with the azeroth elements in WoD and in fact they were described as more primal.

if you do believe the elemental planes like the firelands that we have seen are the true planes of existence for those elements then you must place titan keepers on the level of the death pantheon because ragnaros rules a plane and the shadowlands is a plane so raggy must have been beyond jailer level

also going by that chart the old gods have their own plane of existence which we already know isnt true because they are sent from void lords

the person that said the chart just shows the players is pretty much completely correct because the titans are also depicted and we know that they are simply powerful representatives of forces.....who are more or less children of azeroth and argus who were the first two titans that were born in the cycle of life of a titan and the arbiter and jailer are their keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    the person that said the chart just shows the players is pretty much completely correct because the titans are also depicted and we know that they are simply powerful representatives of forces.....who are more or less children of azeroth and argus who were the first two titans that were born in the cycle of life of a titan and the arbiter and jailer are their keepers.
    The fuck are you smoking? Azeroth hasn't been born and we performed abortion on Argus a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lol "no longer". It has literally never been.
    was at least better in the past to the point where it wasnt as nearly noticeable as today

was at least better in the past to the point where it wasnt as nearly noticeable as today
    You just weren't paying attention then, because you could take every retcon in WoD through BfA and you wouldn't have half the shit BC retconned.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You just weren't paying attention then, because you could take every retcon in WoD through BfA and you wouldn't have half the shit BC retconned.
    Yeah, everyone screams about retcons until you ask what exactly was retconned in post chronicles era.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, everyone screams about retcons until you ask what exactly was retconned in post chronicles era.
    I don't think there have been any retcons as such, but they have added things that wouldn't have been omitted from Chronicles had they been planned beforehand. Such as Argus being a world-soul.

So the best analogy I can come up with is that they're not just filling gaps, they're adding limbs. Sure they didn't technically remove or replace anything, and they can be sure nobody will expect their next move, but that doesn't make a leg coming out of the shoulder a good idea.

No, it most definitely wasn't. Back in Vanilla they basically just did whatever sounded cool with no consideration for what came before. It wasn't noticeable because nobody was paying attention in the first place.