Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    It wont be delayed because that would have serious implications for Blizzard because of investors etc.

All those fake rumors are just getting insane everywhere. Having a shorter prepatch doesnt mean the end of the world or SL delay.
    agreed

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    According to people who apparently speed leveled through it. (At least from what I remember) it takes 12 hours. That's honestly not horrible. and seems faster.
    I'm sure people who speed level now are faster than 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kflay View Post
    Yes but they abuse mechanics, know everything about leveling, every quest they wanna do etc.

Form someone who hasnt leveled in SL and adding some server issues, overcrowded zones etc, i might say it is more like >12 hours.

5+ Year Old Account
    Probably I might be thinking of something else. I know they said it's low. So I mean it's not technically slow. Painful maybe

... and that gear makes levling 10minutes faster, but you invest 5 hours to get that gear (or even more).

You can do that stuff if you want to, but you will get much better simply leveling in SL. Ilvl 100 is nothing.
    I can mass gear alts with prepatch gear and check all the classes and specs I am considering for new main/main alt for SL before the expansion launches.

Also it won't take 5 hours. Where did you pull that number from?
    S.H.

Yes but they abuse mechanics, know everything about leveling, every quest they wanna do etc.

Form someone who hasnt leveled in SL and adding some server issues, overcrowded zones etc, i might say it is more like >12 hours.
    That's how speedleveling works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Also it won't take 5 hours. Where did you pull that number from?
    Depends on how fast you get gear. Are they random drops from the rares once a day? There's a limited amount of gear you can get there each day and you'll have to kill all rares every day on every character. Sounds like a bunch of hours of time invested for something that will be replaced very quickly with Shadowlands launch. Catch up gear at this point in the expansion is just something to get because there is nothing else to do.

I just don't udnerstand why Blizzard don't come out and just say what's the current situation; when they estmate stuff to happen. Even if pre-patch is launched 1-2 weeks off from the general expectations of the community, it's still better than knowing absolutely no detail whatsoever on its date...
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2020-09-28 at 09:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    They wont delay a game 1 month before launch, because people usually apply for time off work around that time. Blizzard are not stupid.
    I mean this in the nicest way possible, given this is the internet. However, Blizzard literally do not care people may have taken time off work. If they feel the game needs delaying, they'd delay it.

For what it's worth I don't think they'd ever delay at this point, although I think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I just don't udnerstand why Blizzard don't come out and just say what's the current situation; when they estmate stuff to happen. Even if pre-patch is launched 1-2 weeks off from the general expectations of the community, it's still better than knowing absolutely no detail whatsoever on its date...
    Because whatever they say, it will backfire. If they say it is october 6th and they run into severe issues and gotta delay it for another week, people will go crazy.

Some people here still behave like they have a right to get 4 weeks of prepatch although Blizzard didnt say anything about how long it is supposed to be. I mean even october 6th isnt save until they announce it for october 6th.

For the game though: if you want a good version with only few bugs, they'd probably release SL in dec/january. There is still so much work to do for prepatch and especially SL... but that will be probably fixed every now and then in the months after release.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-09-28 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    I mean this in the nicest way possible, given this is the internet. However, Blizzard literally do not care people may have taken time off work. If they feel the game needs delaying, they'd delay it.

For what it's worth I don't think they'd ever delay at this point, although I think they should.

Funny, because blizzard cares enough to not put a raid launch during Christmas etc. They do think about people's time during an expansion launch and thats why they would think about people taking time off.

Again, bad PR.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now i wont be surprised if they will delay pre-patch to 13th Oct. For pre-patch content 2 weeks seem fine enough.

For people who don't write software, a nasty bug can take months to fix, or never fixed.

I bet Shadowlands will be delayed.
    Don't quit your day job yet.

Funny, because blizzard cares enough to not put a raid launch during Christmas etc. They do think about people's time during an expansion launch and thats why they would think about people taking time off.

Again, bad PR.
    They actually also think about themselves having to fix raid stuff during christmas holidays.

A new raid means that some people need to be watching and hotfix stuff/issues. The world first race lately was always watched and they often tuned the final encounters while the top guilds were doing their first tries.

A release on december 1st would be extremeley bad for raiding though, mythic lockout starting at 22nd of december - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    For people who don't write software, a nasty bug can take months to fix, or never fixed.
    It takes months to fix because they don't fix it immediately. The actual time going into fixing the bug isn't actually months of work. Some bugs never get fixed. Some bugs are in the game for years. The Voidform bug with the Glyph of Shadowy Friends (if you use the glyph that is supposed to extend your shadowform to your mount, it actually breaks your voidform) has been in the game for 3-4 years now, since around patch 7.3.5. I guess if they ever get around to fixing that, you could say that it took years to fix. But in actuality it's just a couple of minutes of work. Something never getting fixed doesn't mean it's impossible to fix, it just means Blizzard doesn't care.

people dont usually take time off for that
    I don’t see how that would be any different to WoW. People are taking off for their favorite video game, doesn’t matter if it’s an online game or not. I know a lot of people that did this with The Witcher 3 and will do so with Cyberpunk.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It takes months to fix because they don't fix it immediately. The actual time going into fixing the bug isn't actually months of work. Some bugs never get fixed. Some bugs are in the game for years. The Voidform bug with the Glyph of Shadowy Friends (if you use the glyph that is supposed to extend your shadowform to your mount, it actually breaks your voidform) has been in the game for 3-4 years now, since around patch 7.3.5. I guess if they ever get around to fixing that, you could say that it took years to fix. But in actuality it's just a couple of minutes of work. Something never getting fixed doesn't mean it's impossible to fix, it just means Blizzard doesn't care.
    Ofcourse thats just not true. If they knew of a bug that would take minutes to fix they would just fix it.

The problem is usually finding out where it happens and why it happens. Some buggs take longer to fix because fixing out would require making actual changes to the game, meaning it then becomes an issue of, is the bugg bad enough to warrant us spending potentially many man hours fixing it.

And yes, thats actually a thing.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

I was expecting pre-patch to drop on the either on 29/30th September, if it hasn't dropped by the 6/7th October i'd expect a delay to the release. Pre-patch releases always come buggy and usually they give at least 4 weeks before release for people to get used to changes. Especially has there is a level squish and stat squish.

Burning Crusade patch 2.0.1 - 5th December 2006
    Burning Crusade release - 16th January 2007

Wrath of the Lich King patch 3.0.2 - 14th October 2008
    Wrath of the Lich King Release - 13th November 2008

Cataclysm patch 4.0.1 - 12th October 2010
    Cataclysm Release - 7th December 2010

Mists of Pandaria patch 5.0.4 - 28th August 2012
    Mists of Pandaria Release - 25th September 2012

Warlords of Draenor patch 6.0.2 - 14th October 2014
    Warlords of Draenor Release - 13th November 2014

Legion patch 7.0.3 - 19th July 2016
    Legion Release - 30th August 2016

Battle for Azeroth pre patch - 17th July 2018
    Battle for Azeroth Release - 14th August 2018

History speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Ofcourse thats just not true. If they knew of a bug that would take minutes to fix they would just fix it.

The problem is usually finding out where it happens and why it happens. Some buggs take longer to fix because fixing out would require making actual changes to the game, meaning it then becomes an issue of, is the bugg bad enough to warrant us spending potentially many man hours fixing it.

And yes, thats actually a thing.
    And there is always a priotity list. Some bugs just persist because they arent on that list because of oversight or not being known to the game developers. But most of the time it is because there are more important bugs or noone knows how to fix it or the fix is too much work (you always need to relate time and benefit, so if a small bug us like 1 hour of work, while a more severe bug is 3 days of work, you fix the small one first because the benefit is better considering the time investment).

In your case: most people dont care about your void form bug. For you it is very important.

If they fix it 95% of gamers say: they fix that unimportant stuff while my issues still persist while you are happy. If they dont fix it 95% dont care but you say they are lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don’t see how that would be any different to WoW. People are taking off for their favorite video game, doesn’t matter if it’s an online game or not. I know a lot of people that did this with The Witcher 3 and will do so with Cyberpunk.
    Because wc3 remake was not hyped and it is a strategy game that was filled with bad rep before it came out? Or did we forget all the bad stuff around it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They did this with Warcraft III Reforged. People taking off for an expansion are 100% responsible for their decision to do so, Blizzard isn’t to blame for their life choices.
    Not that its even a possibility worth discussing, but even though people take time off do it on their own risk, doesn't remove the fact that it would be insanity for that reason.