Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You can now perma mount in the maw

Completing all 8 layers of the Twisting Corridors in Torghast has a very unique reward: the Corridor Creeper mount. However, the Corridor Creeper mount is very special as it can currently be used to mount in the Maw while other mounts cannot!
    You can see the news on WoWhead.
    People got what they wished for and it really does not take that long.

So basically it will be like the AQ scarabs when they were implemented. Where they could only be used inside the instance (still the case) and no other mount can be (which they changed).

* laughs in travel-form *

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So basically it will be like the AQ scarabs when they were implemented. Where they could only be used inside the instance (still the case) and no other mount can be (which they changed).
    pretty much! I think its a nice addition. Adds a bit more flavor while simultaneously adressing one of the issues people had in the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    * laughs in travel-form *
    I don't think travel forms/ghost wolf works there and if they do it's at a reduced speed probably like 20% or something. It was like this in the original AQ too which seems to be the route they are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    pretty much! I think its a nice addition. Adds a bit more flavor while simultaneously adressing one of the issues people had in the maw.
    Seems fine to me. I know not being able to mount there at all would suck, but adding it to Torghast is decent too. I can hear people saying "at least it's not another rep grind" to get something like that. I wouldn't be surprised though if they add another mount that does similar as well at some point.

I don't think travel forms/ghost wolf works there and if they do it's at a reduced speed probably like 20% or something. It was like this in the original AQ too which seems to be the route they are going.

Seems fine to me. I know not being able to mount there at all would suck, but adding it to Torghast is decent too. I can hear people saying "at least it's not another rep grind" to get something like that. I wouldn't be surprised though if they add another mount that does similar as well at some point.
    I think I saw in one of Preach's videos that travelform still works like on live in there, didnt hear about ghostwolf though but thats not as fast.

Travel form works

Is it the same Corridor Creeper from Hearthstone?

Not entirely. This'll just be like a mount with a built in perk like the Golem, Arcanist's Manasaber from the end of the Suramar questline that gives you the illusion buff when mounting, or perhaps most fittingly, the Rustbolt Resistor or Aerial Unit R-21/X that can fly on Mechagon Isle without fear of getting targeted by the aerial damage.

The battle tanks from AQ can only be summoned in AQ while the Corridor Creeper (and potentially also the Mawsworn Soulhunter that drops from a rare in the Maw) can be used anywhere as a regular mount, including but not limited to, the Maw.

That said, Travel Form and Ghost Wolf work perfectly fine in the Maw with no additional restrictions. It's for the most part a regular outdoor zone, mounting regular mounts is just prevented while you're in the zone and that restriction doesn't seem to apply to at least the Corridor Creeper at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I m surprised we ve made it almost a whole page without someone complaining about a positive change.

careful, you need to finish 8 LAYERS, not floors of Torghast (so some 140 floors), is that doable straight away or you need to be a bit more geared to do that?

but i dont rly mind no mount zone, and i say this as wheelchair class player

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    careful, you need to finish 8 LAYERS, not floors of Torghast (so some 140 floors), is that doable straight away or you need to be a bit more geared to do that?

I bet if you play as a Tank or DD with alot Def CDs you can get very far when you get the best buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

To me it sounds more like a spider than a worm.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

i think each layer is only like 6 floors but im probably wrong

thing is you reset after each layer so you lose a ton of power between each one but its fine because the vendors are still the only choice when it comes to powers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I bet if you play as a Tank or DD with alot Def CDs you can get very far when you get the best buffs.
    mages can slaughter it

Base thorghast is very easy. People said all 8 layers take anywhere from 8-12 hours.
    Thats not too bad for unlocking perma mount in the maw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Funy thing is that hearthstone card is referenced in torghast itself, "Wall creeper" it allows you to go faster when near walls, and it has a worm icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Travel form works
    The superiority of the druid class shall reign supreme!! With some of the class design going on with druids, they at least owe us this.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i think each layer is only like 6 floors but im probably wrong
    Twisting Corridors are 18 floors, but after a few good floors the rest of the run is often pretty trivial.

I quite like this solution.

Good change this time, I dont see whats the point of not using the mouth, there is not even any pvp

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The superiority of the druid class shall reign supreme!! With some of the class design going on with druids, they at least owe us this.
    Not on topic but what the hell is your signature ? You're against the universal rights for education and health care... Murica is all its splendor

Base thorghast is very easy. People said all 8 layers take anywhere from 8-12 hours.
    Thats not too bad for unlocking perma mount in the maw.
    Yeah, I was testing Torghast yesterday after they reopened it to see all the changes. Getting through all the layers with a bit above heroic dungeon gear is not difficult at all, the amount of time based upon how much you explore. Still trying to keep the names straight, but the Twisting Corridor is the 18 floor version, so 148 floors total. They changed up the floor progression a bit, so you actually have more "free" floors with the vendor on them than before (how many I can't remember, but I recall at least 2 extra "free" floors). If people feel confident enough, you can just take the shortest route to the exit, you'll just have less powers so some things may take longer to kill.

Now, accessing the Twisting Corridor will take some time to unlock, unless things changed with the most recent Torghast update and my older character was grandfathered in. Basically, you probably have to do all the storyline quests up to a certain point in Torghast before it opens. This may mean that you'll have to wait for the proper corridors to open up for one of the quests that was a pre-requisite to the Twisting Corridor opening... and that could take weeks. Not saying this is for certain, as the quest might temporarily open everything up. The problem is beta has TONS of shortcuts and characters created during different patches, so the exact quest progression required may not be clear until launch. I plan on leveling another character on the beta servers this week, so I'll see how the natural progression is supposed to work, assuming things are not bugged.

Regardless, make friends with a druid and get carried in Travel Form for a while, tips appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Not on topic but what the hell is your signature ? You're against the universal rights for education and health care... Murica is all its splendor
    Quoting a French historian? Left his name in the signature, go read his works and you may understand what it's all about. Let's leave this off-topic at that, can DM me if you have further questions.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville