Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    How can you say we get 128 ivl gear from questing at 58 which you say is the same as 465 but then right after say that prepatch doesnt bring any catch up??
    How did that make sense in your head?
    So you can do level 58 quests in pre patch? No.. no you cant. highest ilvl you can get in pre patch is ilvl 100.
    Once Shadowlands begins quest gear at level 58 is 128 which is equivalent to 465 ilvl in BFA
    There is no true catch up mechanic like in past expansions.
    So again please read the statement thoroughly before responding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I have like 10 fresh 120s, they're all roughly ilevel 300(and a bunch I got to level 350ish earlier in the expansion before I took a break until last month). I just checked on on PTR and she's ilevel 54.

I'm thinking I'm gonna want to get some gear on these alts if I can lol, though I doubt they'd make it super hard, as they're basically the same as characters that just got to level 50 in SL.
    For fresh toon gearing, absolutely, the ilvl 100 gear from Ice Crown will be a good start.
    What i said is that, there was no catch up mechanic for leveling, there is no exp bonus just normal leveling as it will be in Shadowlands.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    They actually also think about themselves having to fix raid stuff during christmas holidays.

A new raid means that some people need to be watching and hotfix stuff/issues. The world first race lately was always watched and they often tuned the final encounters while the top guilds were doing their first tries.

A release on december 1st would be extremeley bad for raiding though, mythic lockout starting at 22nd of december - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    I mean, if that was the case, they would just delay opening the raids/M+ season until January 5, which would then inherently give them more time to fix everything, because most of the issues the expansion would go live with would not be as serious without the M+/PvP/raid tiers started.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we got one of most radical changes in one patch, first level shrink in 15yrs of game, new stat squish, the greatest changes in classes since the WoD pruning, and 2 new systems that will affect all expack gameplay, and we have what? 3 weeks to test/adapt to it?

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by artam View Post
    So we got one of most radical changes in one patch, first level shrink in 15yrs of game, new stat squish, the greatest changes in classes since the WoD pruning, and 2 new systems that will affect all expack gameplay, and we have what? 3 weeks to test/adapt to it?

Nice
    No you have 3 weeks, and then leveling from 50-60. The 2 new systems you reference are not even available until SL comes out. You will get the feel of the changes and new systems when you get SL.

And if it is really that important, go play on the PTR or Beta (If you have access). I have been playing on beta exclusively since I got in a month or so ago.
    "Peace is a lie"

I love all of the armchair self-proclaimed experts and programmers who think all programming works the same. If you really worked in programming or development you would know that there are so, so many variables and no two things are ever the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    I love all of the armchair self-proclaimed experts and programmers who think all programming works the same. If you really worked in programming or development you would know that there are so, so many variables and no two things are ever the same.
    True. And WoW is running on modern code built on old code built on ancient code.

But it's also true that Blizzard is one of the wealthiest gaming companies in the world, and they have large teams of very qualified programmers who should, in theory, be able to solve pretty much any problem that they come across, which is why they run one of the most expensive videogames in the market.

So while I can put myself in the shoes of any of their developers, I, as a consumer, understand that they have to meet the standards that they have created.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    If you really worked in programming or development you would know that there are so, so many variables
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by kflay View Post
    And I point again to my example of the Voidform bug. That has been known for 3-4 years, would not take a long time to fix, and they won't fix it cause they don't care. There are tons of bugs, known for a long time. Blizzard doesn't do anything.
    Often, the side effects of fixing a bug are the reason for a fix not being done. A "few minutes to fix" can easily turn into a few weeks (or months) of work because it requires significant changes to other parts. It may even require an entire new system to be introduced (a system in the sense that stealth is a system).

In many cases, you have to wait on another team to deliver their side of things before you can do your work. Example: I've been waiting for another team to fix an API to return data in a format I can parse in my part of the project (client application), but it's been almost 2 years since the project started, over a year since we first raised the issue, and still we keep telling them why we can't do certain things because we need their work to be done first.

Modular code is what everyone aims to produce, but in the real world, systems end up inexplicably linked.

Maybe it would only take a few minutes to fix, but unless you actually work on the team that's working on the part of the project that deals with that specific issue, you can't say for sure that a bug would only take minutes to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingenn View Post
    I think Shadowlands is going to be delayed. There's no way they can release it in its current state. Shame though, I am extremely bored of live and I am just levelling my 11th alt to 120.
    Its in the same state as any other expansion at the same stage. Like Wod an entire zone (faralon) was scrapped to get it out in time

live is so boring right now i started to level alliance characters (im horde main)

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Funny, because blizzard cares enough to not put a raid launch during Christmas etc. They do think about people's time during an expansion launch and thats why they would think about people taking time off.

Again, bad PR.
    My comparison is this. Would they sell you a ticket to Blizzcon months in advance and then change the dates in the 11th hour? NOPE! An expansion launch is a very similar thing. If they were going to push back the launch, they would have done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    True. And WoW is running on modern code built on old code built on ancient code.

But it's also true that Blizzard is one of the wealthiest gaming companies in the world, and they have large teams of very qualified programmers who should, in theory, be able to solve pretty much any problem that they come across, which is why they run one of the most expensive videogames in the market.

So while I can put myself in the shoes of any of their developers, I, as a consumer, understand that they have to meet the standards that they have created.
    The problem is they never met the standards people think they have. WoW Vanilla was by today's standards a broken mess. Instable servers, bugged or even missing talents, a joke of a balance, many systems untested and badly balanced released (like first alterac was zerging in mid all the time until one faction was overrun at 3am because there were 25vs10 players).

"Never play on patch day" was a general rule, up to WOTLK or even MOP you could be happy if servers were online at 8 pm but actually unplayable. Class balance was always broken and bugs always existed. It is now mostly ignored by a community that pretty often glamourizes the "good old times when they didnt care about broken and unbalanced stuff". Give them something to hit with frost bolts for 4 minutes and we are fine.

That community doesnt exist anymore. That game doesnt exist anymore with all that phasing, zoning, crossservers now actually working. Remember the good old times when you could a form with 4 people and you were lucky if you were in the same phase? Perhaps relogging 5 times helped...

Or wanna play a good old survival hunter in good old 1.0? (Spoilers, it was added very late after US release and was a joke).

Even current beta is more polished than many previous expansions were at release.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-09-28 at 05:36 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So you can do level 58 quests in pre patch? No.. no you cant. highest ilvl you can get in pre patch is ilvl 100.
    Once Shadowlands begins quest gear at level 58 is 128 which is equivalent to 465 ilvl in BFA
    There is no true catch up mechanic like in past expansions.
    So again please read the statement thoroughly before responding.

- - - Updated - - -

For fresh toon gearing, absolutely, the ilvl 100 gear from Ice Crown will be a good start.
    What i said is that, there was no catch up mechanic for leveling, there is no exp bonus just normal leveling as it will be in Shadowlands.
    Nathanos WQ is rumored to yield ilvl 110, but only so few encounters with him possible during prepatch.
    exp boost is Chromie time IMHO. you are able to rush from 1 to 50 in no time (WoD for 10-50 is the fastest, says the yt crowd) and all chars already near 50 will catch up to max lvl also.
    for ilvl 100 my experience from PTR: unless mechanics will be changed last second you'll need 135 tokens for the full set (9 pieces x 15tokens each) and with 20 rares in 400 mins rewarding lot of scourgestones for exchange into such tokens you should reach the treshold within those ~7h. the questlines leading to icecrown yield tokens to, no way you are not able to buy the set on day1 if you want and can spare the time
    you will camp the rares anyway for epic drops AND they are the sole source of rings, trinket, neck and bag and weapons in icecrown (aside from Nathanos of course, but he's unreliable).

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    They were hyped yes, but the more people learned about the remake the more the hype died down. Am I the only one who paid close attention to the community around this game?
    Yeah cause it was released absolutely unplayable.

I am honestly kinda pissed that we still don't know about the pre-patch release date. I was actually excited to level up several alts to lvl50 before the expansion launched, but I guess I won't have this much time to do that before SL fully launches.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I am honestly kinda pissed that we still don't know about the pre-patch release date. I was actually excited to level up several alts to lvl50 before the expansion launched, but I guess I won't have this much time to do that before SL fully launches.
    You have more than enough time. Right now heirloom experience bonus and winds of wisdom buff are active and it's probably faster now than after the prepatch. Even if it isn't, it's pretty close. I started leveling characters 3 weeks ago and I got 6 characters to max level or at least into the 100-120 range.

You have more than enough time. Right now heirloom experience bonus and winds of wisdom buff are active and it's probably faster now than after the prepatch. Even if it isn't, it's pretty close. I started leveling characters 3 weeks ago and I got 6 characters to max level or at least into the 100-120 range.
    With a few confident dungeon players you can get multiple characters from 10-50 in a single day in 9.0 Fully pimped out BoA twinks ahoy! I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    With a few confident dungeon players you can get multiple characters from 10-50 in a single day in 9.0 Fully pimped out BoA twinks ahoy! I'm ready.
    Doubt it..

Doubt it..
    Dungeon completion XP is 70% of a level on my level 28 DK I copied over. You get a geared group spam farming quick TBC dungeons & the levels just fly by, especially if they put the effort in to get fully enchanted/gemmed etc. A good group will absolutely fly through the levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Dungeon completion XP is 70% of a level on my level 28 DK I copied over. You get a geared group spam farming quick TBC dungeons & the levels just fly by, especially if they put the effort in to get fully enchanted/gemmed etc. A good group will absolutely fly through the levels.
    Multiple characters from 10-50 would mean hundreds of dungeon runs in one day. Let's not exaggerate. You can maybe get one to max level in a day.