Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    How on earth is it reasonable to point the finger at the Horde players for the awful writing decisions made by the game designer?
    Yeap... I don't trust the writers much, but it would be hilarious if Tyrande committed genocide. Imagine the 180.

"It was justified!"
    "Vengeance!"
    "LoL Suck it Horde players!"... One could make a Bingo game out of it, because humans gon' human, even if they did pick the "good" faction in a PC game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I just watched Nobbel's video on how to pick a covenant based on story, and he mentioned that horde players get a major scolding if they choose the Ardenweald covenant.

What is said and implied? I've tried to google for it but I get nothing.
    Which is kinda ironic considering Ardenweald continues Vol'jin's storyline
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would prefer some major spanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    And like.... Twice.
    Wanna bet on it becoming thrice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would prefer some major spanking.
    I like what I'm reading here... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Jesus, you people...

Here's a little newsflash for you and the other kiddies; Players cannot control what the writers do with the factions.

If ya'll spent this much time whining about actual atrocities and those in power...
    The actual kiddies here are Horde players who enjoy being the bad guy until they get to pay for it in the story. I know a group of Horde players who enjoyed every bit of what they did under Sylvanas and then complained about how mean Turalyon and Alleria were to interrogate civilians.

Players cannot control what the writers do with the factions, but they can choose what entertains them and what doesn't.

You might agree or disagree with me, but turning my statement around and trying to call me and others a kid without elaboration? That's kinda cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yes, is such a big issue. I understand that many horde players are also annoyed by it, but fact is, that the horde did greater damage to the alliance than the scourge, the burning legion and N'zoth together. And not in a grey area, I am only talking about the times when they were clearly acting evil.
    You got some examples of that? cause that seems like a major major stretch.

last time i looked up some numbers, stratholme alone had more deaths than teldrassil, and that was BEFORE the scourge got into gears and wiped out many more cities.

The demons ruined huge swaths of land too. and in wc3 it's heavily implied they went on a merry kiling spree across eastern kingdoms too (but you never hear anything about that, i should really look up how that went sometime).

Nzoth if you count stuff like deathwing also had had some quite permanent effects on the planet.

meanwhile what has the horde done besides some deforestation and by and large (for warcraft) conventional warfare? The worst they have done was probably that time they burned down stormwind.

(though i guess you can do a technicallity and say the current alliance didn't exist until after the 3rd war, but then using the scourge and burning legion as an example is unfair by the same logic)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-28 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The actual kiddies here are Horde players who enjoy being the bad guy until they get to pay for it in the story. I know a group of Horde players who enjoyed every bit of what they did under Sylvanas and then complained about how mean Turalyon and Alleria were to interrogate civilians.

Players cannot control what the writers do with the factions, but they can choose what entertains them and what doesn't.

You might agree or disagree with me, but turning my statement around and trying to call me and others a kid without elaboration? That's kinda cheap.
    Yes, because ya'll have statistics on this matter, and are not just blanketing every Horde player based on emotions.

Sorry, but my point stands. Whining for strangers to face punishment in a game because writers decided that their faction should be the aggressor in every "faction" war, and pre-dismiss any horde player that might disagree by throwing in the "kid"-word, is childish. That's all the elaboration required for this insipid topic.

And if people are entertained by what goes on, that's their right. It's.A.Game. One could think we were discussing ISIS-tourism here... Then again, I did get called a "literal Nazi" by Alliance players in a previous thread for admitting that I wouldn't switch my main to Alliance after Teldrassil...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-09-28 at 03:01 PM.

Just watched that video. Man...they even put a quest line that made you feels like your are at your elementary school child’s first play. The cringe!

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I believe he refers to you having to interact with Tyrande, who isn't happy to see the horde pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but utter bullshit, believable conflict does not work that way, which is what blizz should strive for not the whining of players invested in alliance and horde. Meaning establishing functioning geopolitical spheres and conflicts, far more political factions ,different interests, political intrigues civil unrest the use of mercenary armies, many more settlements etc.

In essence start to properly build up their world
    Then in that case Blizzard should have done a serious Azeroth built up instead of the faction war. Since they however did the faction war villainizing one of the factions they might as well have procceeded with serious consequences instead of doing a shitty job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kflay View Post
    Nightfae sounds like the My Little Pony faction. There have to be some voice actresses from MLP among them.
    I mean you say that as if thats a bad thing.

Tara Strong, TImmy turner, power puff girls... My little pony... Teen titans go...

batman the killing joke, witness infection, Samuri jack, rick and morty, Star wars, Batman, Guardians of the galaxy, family guy, Dark deception, and many more

just cause someone voice acted on a kids show like MLP does not mean they havent also voice acted for a murdering cannibalistic psychopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

It's the exact same line of events for an Alliance player. That said, Ardenweald's job is to care for the souls of the dead. Nature itself is perfectly neutral it cares nothing for the living nor the dead, it just is.

I can imagine that someone like Tyrande would be majorly pissed though as the burning of Teldrassil killed her friends in a genocidal, "I was just following orders."

Who would've thought that turning a playable faction into the Bad Guys, twice, with little to no chance at negative repercussions in a MMORPG, would be a bad idea.

Keep chilling for subpar writting and storytelling. Slay, Queen Golden, slaaaay. Slay, Simp King Danuser, slaaay.

The ones to blame, of course, are the Horde players. They fucking burned the tree down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Get a huge, devastating and humiliating defeat with your entire faction leadership wringing hands and clutching pearls and being useless while Alliance will burn some horde city to ash and scatter the ash far and wide. With horrible, over the top descriptions and “oh we are certainly doomed now” wheeping of horde civilians.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly most of your faction fans enjoyed that sooo... Yeah, kinda shared guilt that falls on the horde in general.
    Wow....someone can't distinguish reality from a game. So go ahead...have the alliance do this to the horde. Make you feel better? Make you the "righteous" faction? No....not in the least. Horde forever here...always was always will be......but it's just a GAME.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Just watched that video. Man...they even put a quest line that made you feels like your are at your elementary school child’s first play. The cringe!
    Hey they tried their hardest!
    Since all souls are going to the maw they have very little funds for their play, and all the good actors have gone to revendreth...
    They are trying their best ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean you say that as if thats a bad thing.

just cause someone voice acted on a kids show like MLP does not mean they havent also voice acted for a murdering cannibalistic psychopath.
    Reminds me of the episode I watched of The Boys.
    Literally had Remy from Ratatouille play a weird, disgusting part...

People underestimate just how varied a job voice acting can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Then in that case Blizzard should have done a serious Azeroth built up instead of the faction war. Since they however did the faction war villainizing one of the factions they might as well have procceeded with serious consequences instead of doing a shitty job.
    Those are utterly unrealistic consequences, the Alliance is in absolutely no position to enforce something like this. What it should try is to break the horde apart and build relations with the nations they can reason with, increasing their overall global power position as a consequence, so that they are in a position to subdue the elements that do pose a threat to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Those are utterly unrealistic consequences, the Alliance is in absolutely no position to enforce something like this. What it should try is to break the horde apart and build relations with the nations they can reason with, increasing their overall global power position as a consequence, so that they are in a position to subdue the elements that do pose a threat to them.
    Tbf, Anno 1800 has a more realistic take on building relations, warfare and politics than World of WARcraft, does at this point...

Would be so amazing if they went down the route you've brought up in this thread, but also too complex I'm guessing.

I prefered that play in Overlord, where dead elves were forced to watch a terrible play in which dwarves destroyed their forest over and over and over again.

I wouldn't say they are that unrealistic considering you described a way of how that can happen. In any case only Blizzard knows if the Alliance is able to enforce all these or not. Not you or I. The fact remains that if they wanted faction wars they should have brought up actual consequences.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2020-09-28 at 03:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I smell a bias~

Blizzard "refuses to understand" that the Horde has caused a lot of damage? I apologize but that is absolutely absurd and makes you sound... strangely entitled, about a story that you are not writing.

More damage than the Scourge and Legion is, as I'm sure you understand after thinking about it, quite absurd as well. The Horde being on Azeroth to begin with is a product of the Legion. The original leader of the Scourge was the spirit of one of the members of the original Horde twisted by the Legion. So not only does it not make much sense to say the Horde has done more damage than the Legion, when the damage done by the Horde is a result of the Legion's actions to begin with, but it's not correct at all because the Legion and Scourge have caused more harm than the Horde has by a long shot.

I do agree though, it would be nice to see more consequences, whether they are good or bad.

Over all horde seems pretty close to the scourge but not even close to the legion, It’s also very likely I’m forgetting a ton of stuff.

The horde as of wow has,
    Plagued lorderon.
    Plagued south shore.
    Blown up a school of Druids in stone talon.
    Burned down teldrasila.
    Plagued dark shore.
    Destroyed the vale of eternal blossoms.
    Bombed thereamore.
    Plagued various area’s in northrend.

The scourge going back to WC3 has. Destroyed lorderon/plague lands.
    Destroyed the ghost lands.
    Cause the dead scar.
    Tainted the sun well.
    Destroyed part of zul,drak.
    Killed most of the vykral.
    And just abunch of rampaging in northrend.

The legion going way back but sticking just to Azeroth.
    Causes the sundering.
    Destroyed dalaran.
    Birthed the scourge.
    Destroyed nodstila.
    Corrupted the scarlet crusade.
    Destroyed fel wood.
    Desoteyed the blasted lands.
    Destroyed all kinds of things in legion.