Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How would an expansion about healing Outland work?

We have Outland, which is a broken world on the brink of destruction. and then we have Draenor which shows what the intact planet would look like. But since Draenor is from an alternate universe then lorewise it cannot be explored too much from a lore perspective. AU Draenor was supposed to give us a glympse of what Outland used to look before it got ripped apart.

And now the residents of Outland live on a dying, shattered world, even though it is a place that many call home. Thrall for instance actually left to settle in Nagrand before Saurfang found him during BfA. And there is great potential within Draenor should it ever become whole again.

The mortals have already shown the titans their worth, and seeing how the titans are all about creating order and healing worlds, and considering that one of the biggest threat to the mortal world (the burning legion) is now defeated, Is there a possibility of titans lending the mortals a hand in repairing Outland? which is one of the shattered worlds in the WoW universe. Such expansion can see us mending the planet and moving to different zones that the titans are reshaping/repairing, and aiding them with taming the zone.

Perhaps races such as ethereals and Arakkoa can be brought back to assist the players in reshaping this newly forged Draenor. With the Titans only concerned about reshaping the world and not meddle in mortal affairs, we can be tasked with overseeing the little errands such as helping these broken civilizations find their path on this new world.

But how else can this expansion work? from your perspective. What does it take for Outland to be repaired, and what would you like to see in that expansion?

Well if anyone can fix it, it would be the Ethereals with the help of the Goblins and Gnomes. Their combined technology could definitely at the very least pull all the zones back together as one and start fixing the sea. Maybe they could convince Mother or some of the other Titan constructs to go over and help too.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    We have Outland, which is a broken world on the brink of destruction. and then we have Draenor which shows what the intact planet would look like. But since Draenor is from an alternate universe then lorewise it cannot be explored too much from a lore perspective. AU Draenor was supposed to give us a glympse of what Outland used to look before it got ripped apart.

And now the residents of Outland live on a dying, shattered world, even though it is a place that many call home. Thrall for instance actually left to settle in Nagrand before Saurfang found him during BfA. And there is great potential within Draenor should it ever become whole again.

The mortals have already shown the titans their worth, and seeing how the titans are all about creating order and healing worlds, and considering that one of the biggest threat to the mortal world (the burning legion) is now defeated, Is there a possibility of titans lending the mortals a hand in repairing Outland? which is one of the shattered worlds in the WoW universe. Such expansion can see us mending the planet and moving to different zones that the titans are reshaping/repairing, and aiding them with taming the zone.

Perhaps races such as ethereals and Arakkoa can be brought back to assist the players in reshaping this newly forged Draenor. With the Titans only concerned about reshaping the world and not meddle in mortal affairs, we can be tasked with overseeing the little errands such as helping these broken civilizations find their path on this new world.

But how else can this expansion work? from your perspective. What does it take for Outland to be repaired, and what would you like to see in that expansion?
    I don't know what it would take but I would be super into this kind of thing. I always felt that Outland was kind of underused, considering that it is essentially the birthplace of the Horde. I liked that Thrall retreated there after the Broken Shore for a while, kind of a nice bit of lore for me that he went home to the home of his ancestors.

OURS IS THE FURY -- Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think Outland can be "made whole again". That's like saying a person can be made whole again when we only have an arm and a leg while the whole rest of the body is missing, head included.

I mean, look at the map of Outland:

It's not one half of the planet. Hell, it's not even a third of it. If we go by what the map of Outland shows us, they're barely a tenth of what the whole planet used to be, considering the remaining parts of the planet don't even form half a circumference.

If I were to guess, I'd say that the whole of Outland barely amounts to what one of the two main continents of Azeroth (Kalimdor and EK) are, in terms of size.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

We just had a healing a planet expansion though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    We just had a healing a planet expansion though
    We had a Faction war expansion with healing azeroth as a subplot which then lead to Old God forces coming so..not necessarily the same.

OT: Yes return to Outland would..be nice.

If I were to guess, I'd say that the whole of Outland barely amounts to what one of the two main continents of Azeroth (Kalimdor and EK) are, in terms of size.

We have a giant Sword stabbing into a planet, I think healing a place like Outland isn't too crazy.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-09-28 at 03:11 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3 Expansions in Draenor? No thanks!

Maybe we can have a big effort on Azeroth to make a lot of all-purpose glue packets to start gluing Outland back together to form something closer to a planet instead of separate chunks.

We could join small groups and get into space ships and fly to different moons collecting all-purpose glue packets (we'll abbreviate that as AP for now) and then store the AP in an artifact trinket that is specially designed to hold the AP.

Then one of the earthen races on Azeroth can help us heal Outland using our AP. Sadly at the end of the expansion we'll have to give up our artifact and borrowed glue powers.

Okay, so what would be the actual point of doing this?

Who would be the villain?

Or are all we would be doing is handing in resource X to build building#453?

There is no interesting gameplay or story here at all. Especially not for an entire expac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't think Outland can be "made whole again". That's like saying a person can be made whole again when we only have an arm and a leg while the whole rest of the body is missing, head included.

I mean, look at the map of Outland:
    Outland in it's current form is not even a round planet it looks more like an asteroid. and that's what the titans are going to be healing. If a person lose their arms and legs, they can be put together by a being with enough knowledge and power to reattach their arms and limbs. Hence why the titans are helping the planet. The entire expansion revolves around the titans, their chosen agents such as us, and other powerful cosmological factions such as Ethereals and Draenei, to help put the planet back together.

The titans will be doing most of the heavy lifting, but we as the mortals will be doing the micro-managing. Pretty much like how the titanic watchers helped the titans on Azeroth with the small tasks.

One of the ways that this can work: for instance the demon hunters, under Illidan's orders, can search the twisting nether for broken pieces of the Outland, and then relay that information to Ethereals or titans who can then use their power to teleport or move those fragments to re-attach it to Outland. as we move forward with the expansion, more pieces will be added and we are tasked with calming down the elementals and the wildlife as the titans begin the process of fusing that part onto Outland. in the end we re-create Draenor.

The AU Draenor can also be used as a blueprint. For instance, Aman'thul can have us travel to AU Draenor, and use titanic devices to scan that planet and create the Draenor blueprint. which we can then bring with us to the MU and provide to the titans and their agents, maybe we can bring more mortals back into this universe before Aman'thul closes the gate to AU for good. (thus mending the timeline and also rid us of that lore loose end)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Okay, so what would be the actual point of doing this?

Who would be the villain?

Or are all we would be doing is handing in resource X to build building#453?

There is no interesting gameplay or story here at all. Especially not for an entire expac.
    I was thinking of maybe weaving the voidlords into it as a hidden antagonist. Maybe through our explorations we do bump into signs of voidlords and their nefarious plans to turn Outland into their own dominion. Ethereals are already closely tied to the void for instance, and there are signs of void magic being used on Outland and Draenor. So perhaps it can be an expansion about the voidlords and the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many things in warcraft, but ye lets make a third draenor expansion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

world of needlecraft, stitch the planet together with giant thread..

This would have worked as an alternative expansion to WoD, but since WoD was released... restoring Outlands would be just transforming it into a Draenor, and we already have (had?) that so I doubt it's happening.
    Maybe some stuff can happen in some areas of it with some updated visuals for future stories but a whole expansion on Draenor take 3 seems too far fetched.

Not worth it to base an entire xpac on this. What I'm looking forward to is possibly a revamped azeroth after shadowlands, since time apparently works differently there. Coming back to a massive overhaul of kalimdor and EK would be cool. It's due for a much needed update since cata 10 years ago and Blizz can start adding new enemies, stories, and smaller interesting conflicts once again. I wouldn't mind an expansion where Kalimdor and Ek are once again centered around max level content. This would be a great time to do it as well, considering you will now be able to level to 50 in any expansion area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland in it's current form is not even a round planet it looks more like an asteroid. and that's what the titans are going to be healing. If a person lose their arms and legs, they can be put together by a being with enough knowledge and power to reattach their arms and limbs. Hence why the titans are helping the planet. The entire expansion revolves around the titans, their chosen agents such as us, and other powerful cosmological factions such as Ethereals and Draenei, to help put the planet back together.
    There are three main reasons why I think this idea is highly unlikely to happen:
    • Why would the Titans bother with healing Outland, considering the myriad of planets around in the cosmos?
    • The Titans have never shown to be able to heal broken planets, much less create them.
    • We already have an "unbroken Outland" in the form of AU Draenor, so it makes little to no sense to make a third version of Draenor.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

15+ Year Old Account
    Outland is beyond mending. Its shattering was orders of magnitude worse than what what we witnessed of Argus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

3+ Year Old Account
    While I agree wholeheartedly that we should go back to Outland, I share the others' sentiment that it wouldn't make sense to create an entire expansion around it. It would be nice as a major patch for the space expansion when we're travelling around the Great Dark Beyond, the Twisting Nether and the Light and Void realms, trying to restore balance to the universe or whatever.

Let's annihilate Draenor instead, so they match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does it take for Outland to be repaired, and what would you like to see in that expansion?
    It would require you to replace about 95% of the planet and then find something that can hold it together permanently. We aren't even sure what happened to the rest of the planet. It might have been destroyed, still sitting in the original position, or even sucked into other dimensions either whole or in pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    So many things in warcraft, but ye lets make a third draenor expansion.
    Outland is very distinct from Draenor.

I've been thinking about this same thing a lot though. I would love to go back to Outland. Even if we didn't heal it but just found a way to keep it from completely disintegrating and then update it for all the things that have happened since we were last there. It would be a cool staging ground the eventual Light vs Void expansion.