Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, there's some hope. Even through 2008, when it was obvious the Iraq War was a failure, people still supported Bush over it, and it had relatively high approval (though not like the 90%+ in March 2003 despite being obviously a scam). But now, 17 years after the Iraq War started, it's almost universally reviled, and you're hard pressed to find people who say they supported it.

Likewise, the ACA was widely despised when the bill was being passed. A mere 4 years later when Republicans tried to run on abolishing it, they were roundly rebuked by those who relied on it, both conservative and progressive. That issue also had an illuminating few things about the electorate: when it was called Obamacare, conservatives hated it. But if you called it the ACA in your polling, and polled on the things it actually did, they were fiercely protective of it.

All this is to say that American conservatives are very tribalistic, but when their tribe fades from power, they disavow it, because all they care about is today.
    While this is very uplifting, both of your examples show that it takes quite a while to adjust. The election is in ~35 days which is not nearly enough time for the tides to change.

I'm aware people can and will change, but the sad part is, many of them almost have to be tricked into it. As evidenced by people hating Obamacare but loving the ACA without realizing they're the same.damn.thing.....

There is still a very real chance that Trump could be elected again. Which terrifies me, but it disappoints me even more so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt concern me because he gives his salary away as President so he has no income to claim, and secondly we dont even know these are real. They are "leaked" by some so called anonymous source to a far left rag
    The New York Times a "far left rag."

Okay.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Nah, Parscale is probably Anti-Fa too. Democrat plant to make Trump look bad, just like Cohen, Sessions, Comey, Mattis...
    That would explain Tulsa. And the Death Star...
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

I know this was already mentioned somewhere but I think the full response of Biden's campaign team to Trump's demand of a drug test is worth posting:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-debate-422328

“Vice President Biden intends to deliver his debate answers in words. If the president thinks his best case is made in urine he can have at it,” said Kate Bedingfield, Biden’s deputy campaign manager. “We’d expect nothing less from Donald Trump, who pissed away the chance to protect the lives of 200K Americans when he didn't make a plan to stop COVID-19.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I know this was already mentioned somewhere but I think the full response of Biden's campaign team to Trump's demand of a drug test is worth posting:

I think I'll indulge in a hearty chortle for that one, damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Jesus christ. Maybe this'll help Donald Trump..
    Putin khuliyo

Sweet burn aside, I...don't understand the drug test thing...at all.

It's so strange. Even more so because it's Trump's campaign that's trying to somehow make it sound like the other guy has mental issues. Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

It's so strange. Even more so because it's Trump's campaign that's trying to somehow make it sound like the other guy has mental issues. Baffling.
    It's projecting, the only actual policy of the GoP's platform.

10+ Year Old Account

There is a Live Stream awaiting a speech from Trump. The chat log was full of people talking about this as some, "Aha! Gotcha Biden!" sort of thing. The line, "Why not take the drug test if you have nothing to hide" was thrown around quite a bit, which it seems the irony is totally lost on those people. Such as, "Why not let people speak at the impeachment hearings if Trump has nothing to hide."
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

That's the point. Throw insane shit at a wall and see what sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The line, "Why not take the drug test if you have nothing to hide" was thrown around quite a bit, which it seems the irony is totally lost on those people. Such as, "Why not let people speak at the impeachment hearings if Trump has nothing to hide."
    Or, you know... "why not release your tax returns?" But I guess it's too late for that one.

its an attempt to sway the super uninformed voter, the ones that just hear a rumor and go "oh golly i heard that Biden guy was on drugs, cant vote for him"

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt concern me
    Invalid answer. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you do. Trump loves conspiracy theories and can't take Biden in a fair debate. He wants to muddy the waters so people won't see him shit the pool.

projection. The only possible reason he is trotting this out is he is doing some kind of drugs and is projecting at biden for reasons.

It doesnt concern me because he gives his salary away as President so he has no income to claim, and secondly we dont even know these are real. They are "leaked" by some so called anonymous source to a far left rag
    Gives away his salary to milk the american tax payers for millions with his businesses he was supposed to divest from or at the very least have a blind trust.

Trump sure seems to think they are real.

Why do you guys love tax cheats so damn much?

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    projection. The only possible reason he is trotting this out is he is doing some kind of drugs and is projecting at biden for reasons.
    Which ones? Cocaine? I can see him snorting from time to time. It could be pills like aderall too, though.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As much as I enjoy watching that piece of shit get fuckin bodied by a cop from the side...

Why the fuck are there multiple cops with rifles and fuckin tactical vests/helmets for a shirtless, mildly overweight drunk dude?

Why the fuck did the cop straight up assault him rather than simply ask him to place his hands behind his back and be detained pending questioning? Is fuckin highschool football tackling the dude standing there part of standard procedure?
    Two things.

First, I don't like police brutality... but at least it was against a shit stain like Parscale.

Second, I'm rather disappointed with the officer's tackle. It started great, with the wrap up around the belt buckle area, textbook execution. But, he released too early... the ball carrier could have slipped away.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Trump sure seems to think they are real.

Why do you guys love tax cheats so damn much?
    Trump already admitted (albeit unintentionally) that they were real. Orlong et al lost that argument of defense. At this point, they could argue that they dont care at all that Trump is stealing a fuckton of money from the US coffers, and owes the IRS 100s of millions. That would reveal their true colors, them being they are little pieces of shit, that are only interested in the racist ramblings of an old man, and feel personally attacked when they see to males/females kissing eachother, or a multiracial couple.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's going to be stress-tested when Trump starts playing the old favorites. There are some lies even a FOX News anchor won't take.
    And Chris Wallace is generally among the more willing anchors to call him out on his bullshit.