Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Its easy to sell out in Japan if you only allot 100 consoles to them(whatever the number it was not large they literally sell like 20-50 xboxs a week there lmao)...

Just saying. If you think the xbox is somehow a thing in Japan now well, I guess you fell for the clickbait.
    you sound really butthurt and hateful for some reason.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    well i just learned that the Xbox series x has sold out in japan.
    some publishers/developers are giving the middle finger to sony and the play station. (example Gun Gal) so i guess they will be moving future games to Switch and possibly xbox.

i think sony may have pissed off some Japanese companies with all the annoying censorship of japanese games.
    Correlation doesn't equal causation. I would be very surprised if the current state of stock of the XSX in any particular country indicated anything but demand outstripping supply in those locations. As fierce as the competition I faced to order an XSX was, here in the states, I would actually be surprised to hear it wasn't sold out everywhere. I was able to score a PS5, but I had my finger on the button setting there refreshing for the XSX, already IN gamestop's website not in line, slickdeals notifications, individual site notifications, and deals listers on twitter all open, super high speed Internet, and I still didn't get one. Some sites were late and some did a staggered release, I later deduced, but the timing didn't line up for me.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-09-28 at 08:34 PM.

Is that what you call reality?

Do you honestly believe Xbox is going to be a thing in Japan when it's market share has decreased with every new system? Their brand is literally so bad there now it was a good week when they sold 50 Xbox Ones.

But but but but they sold out! So if I make my own console only produce one and it gets sold out I'm suddenly the new hot commodity in Japan? Can't take you serious with this take, sorry.

Tone aside, he's right. Microsoft doesn't sell shit in Japan, and it was a running joke that the PS Vita routinely outsold the Xbox One despite the handheld being discontinued and no new games coming out.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...soles-per-week

Shit look at sales from earlier this year. The 3DS, not even including the 2DS as well, sold as many units in a week in Japan as the Xbox One X/S combined.

And Tech is right, in that Microsoft likely only had a very tiny number of consoles allocated for the country based on past sales. So selling a few hundred units is solid for Microsoft, but not indicative of anything more. If there was going to be a backlash against Sony for censorship as you claim, it would have already impacted the PS4 and...well...it hasn't. Microsoft just sold the tiny number of units they allocated to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Tone aside, he's right. Microsoft doesn't sell shit in Japan, and it was a running joke that the PS Vita routinely outsold the Xbox One despite the handheld being discontinued and no new games coming out.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...soles-per-week

Shit look at sales from earlier this year. The 3DS, not even including the 2DS as well, sold as many units in a week in Japan as the Xbox One X/S combined.

And Tech is right, in that Microsoft likely only had a very tiny number of consoles allocated for the country based on past sales. So selling a few hundred units is solid for Microsoft, but not indicative of anything more. If there was going to be a backlash against Sony for censorship as you claim, it would have already impacted the PS4 and...well...it hasn't. Microsoft just sold the tiny number of units they allocated to Japan.
    if you are going to try to "correct" me, dont bother. just ignore me and move on.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I gotta say if you don't already have a gaming PC I would easily recommend this system over the PS5, it's just a bigger bang for your buck. PS5 is basically going "here's some cool games", meanwhile Microsoft is showing off Game Pass, Quick Resume, Xcloud and some cool games.

if you are going to try to "correct" me, dont bother. just ignore me and move on.
    You sound really butthurt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I gotta say if you don't already have a gaming PC I would easily recommend this system over the PS5, it's just a bigger bang for your buck. PS5 is basically going "here's some cool games", meanwhile Microsoft is showing off Game Pass, Quick Resume, Xcloud and some cool games.
    Am I going to be able to play the next God of War, Spider-man 2, Demon’s Souls, FF16, etc. on PC?

Oh man that quick resume is such a game changer when the PS5 literally has an SSD that runs circles around the one in XSX and doesn't even need such a feature to get into gameplay quick. The logic with this one... Xcloud oh shit not like Sony hasn't had remote play since 2013? Oh wait they have. Nevermind.

Gamepass was a good bullet point you should of stuck to that one instead of adding 2 non existent pros.

Oh man that quick resume is such a game changer when the PS5 literally has an SSD that runs circles around the one in XSX and doesn't even need such a feature to get into gameplay quick. The logic with this one... Xcloud oh shit not like Sony hasn't had remote play since 2013? Oh wait they have. Nevermind.

Gamepass was a good bullet point you should of stuck to that one instead of adding 2 non existent pros.
    We don't even know how the PS5 performs yet and we won't know until people start getting there hands on it, People are playing around with Series X right now so at least have an idea of how well the final version will run.

Yeah, remote play exists but Xcloud gives you access to a massive library of games via Game Pass that's streamed from a remote Xbox rather than your own home console so no need to worry about if your home system is set up properly.

im sorry but do you have comparison loading times you would like to reference as neither are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The console itself looks fine, but boy the naming. The people in charge of its name...need a good talking to.
    I've no idea how any sane marketing department greenlights such a boring AND confusing name, unless they really think making random Joes buy an old gen console by accident is going to actually impact the sales of these consoles by a significant degree.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

They're just doing what Nvidia and Sony are doing (and what Apple has been doing forever). Offering very limited supply so they get headlines and hype about them "selling out in seconds".

It's seriously not a great idea to buy version 1.0 of these kind of things. There are ALWAYS issues (look at 3080's currently).

Better to wait a bit, let them sort out the issues. You'll likely even pay less once you get it. I have a feeling AMD is going to take a dump on Nvidia with RDNA2 and force them to lower prices and come out with higher VRAM cards.

Better to just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They're just doing what Nvidia and Sony are doing (and what Apple has been doing forever). Offering very limited supply so they get headlines and hype about them "selling out in seconds".

It's seriously not a great idea to buy version 1.0 of these kind of things. There are ALWAYS issues (look at 3080's currently).

Better to wait a bit, let them sort out the issues. You'll likely even pay less once you get it. I have a feeling AMD is going to take a dump on Nvidia with RDNA2 and force them to lower prices and come out with higher VRAM cards.

Better to just wait.
    Time is a commodity I hold most esteemed, and I suggest that even in waiting, there is a cost.

We don't even know how the PS5 performs yet and we won't know until people start getting there hands on it, People are playing around with Series X right now so at least have an idea of how well the final version will run.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    im sorry but do you have comparison loading times you would like to reference as neither are out.
    5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed) vs 2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed) https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-ssd-vs-...ich-is-better/

We don't need to see a damn thing to know the SSD in the PS5 is making the one in the XSX look like a turtle. You can literally look at the stat sheet above.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-09-29 at 10:01 AM.

5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed) vs 2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed) https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-ssd-vs-...ich-is-better/

We don't need to see a damn thing to know the SSD in the PS5 is making the one in the XSX look like a turtle. You can literally look at the stat sheet above.
    We've yet to see how this actually affects games. Both systems have very fast SSDs. If both systems fully utilize their SSD the PS5 can full load it's ram in 1.5 seconds vs 3.5 with the Series X/S.

Clearly performance is more than just reading things off disk and into ram so we really actually need to see the ramifications of the custom storage controllers that all of the next gen boxes have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I've no idea how any sane marketing department greenlights such a boring AND confusing name, unless they really think making random Joes buy an old gen console by accident is going to actually impact the sales of these consoles by a significant degree.
    People who are in any way interested in NextGen know the differences. If Joe random is too stupid to do like 1 minute of google searching deserves to buy the wrong console.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Both systems have very fast SSDs.
    False, one has a very fast SSD the other has generic nvme speed. SSDs as fast as the one in PS5 cost about as much as the PS5 does itself, it's incredibly disingenuous to even remotely compare it to what's in series X. There is a reason you're losing 200 GB in space to a shitty hibernation feature to mask load times on Series X.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-09-29 at 02:37 PM.

False, one has a very fast SSD the other has generic nvme speed. SSDs as fast as the one in PS5 cost about as much as the PS5 does itself, it's incredibly disingenuous to even remotely compare it to what's in series X. There is a reason you're losing 200 GB in space to a shitty hibernation feature to mask load times on Series X.
    False.

Both the new consoles are using custom firmware and storage controllers for newer games. We haven't seen load times for next gen games for EITHER console. The PS5 SSD is better, but its not the be all end all. Both devices are going to vastly outperform what we can do on PC right now due to the storage optimizations we're only starting to get.

Also if you think you're going to the full 825 GB of space on the PS5, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    False.

Both the new consoles are using custom firmware and storage controllers for newer games. We haven't seen load times for next gen games for EITHER console. The PS5 SSD is better, but its not the be all end all. Both devices are going to vastly outperform what we can do on PC right now due to the storage optimizations we're only starting to get.

Also if you think you're going to the full 825 GB of space on the PS5, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
    The difference in ssd speeds that the above are jacking off over are going to result in such a small difference in loading times between the two. Both of PCIE gen 4. Both have alot more going on behind the scene than raw throughput.

https://kotaku.com/today-s-xbox-seri...new-1845207650

as for storage options the amount of time it takes to transfer a game from a usb 3.0 external to the internal is less time than it takes for me to take a shit, some games its 3 minutes others its 7. FFS jacking off over the internal size should have ended years ago when external high capacity solutions became commonplace. Yes games are big, you want 4k then thats 4k textures, HD audio, dolby atmos ect takes alot of space. Some devs are better than others at compressing it.