Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Why are you more concerned about people's vocabulary than you are over the fact an innocent bystander was shot to death by the pigs while she was in her own home?
    She was shot by the Police Officers. This is the correct sentence but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Was she shot to death by the police officer?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

You are arguing harder for nobodies on a nothing forum to use the words you deem correct than you have for all the egregious fuck ups that lead to Taylor's shooting death at the hands of the corrupt police.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was she shot to death by the police officer?
    Adding "to death" implies she was shot on purpose or that they keep shooting at her while aiming for her. She was shot, hurt by one or several bullets then died from her injuries and the lack of first aid help (though maybe that would have not been enough ?).
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-28 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Adding "to death" implies she was shot on purpose or that they keep shooting at her while aiming for her. She was shot, hurt by one or several bullets then died from her injuries and the lack of first aid help (though maybe that would have not been enough ?).
    No it doesn't imply anything. It flat out states she was killed by bullets fired from the guns of police. For someone dying on the semantics hill about other terms used, this interpretation of yours is especially bullshit.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the fun part:

How sex cult NXIVM defended Trump against media attacks
    https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/08/h...a-attacks.html
    « If you boil it down to the simplest thing, you go from “a man raped a woman” to “a man did something, there was a woman involved”. When you remove all the emotionality, you have no idea what really happened.«
    Oops?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

So are we bigoted/racist, if we don't use the proper pronouns, about police running around blasting people? Just wanna make sure.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_policing

Since y'all are so eager to correct others for improper arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    So are we bigoted/racist, if we don't use the proper pronouns, about police running around blasting people? Just wanna make sure.
    Well, it looks like cops are being defended the same way a sex cult defended Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_policing

Since y'all are so eager to correct others for improper arguments.
    It’s not just that, it’s a subversion tact... the way it’s being applied is not about tone, but to cover her being killed. Like the example, literally used on Fox News:

“a man raped a woman” to “a man did something, there was a woman involved”. When you remove all the emotionality, you have no idea what really happened.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...a-b676183.html

Good news that one bad, abusive cop is off the streets for good. Took 3 years to get there -

A 2018 Henry County Police Department internal affairs investigation found that Rose used unnecessary force and admitted that he choked Mr Marrow, but was not going to report it. Rose reportedly said: “I’m not going to write it down, but hell yeah I choked that motherf***er.

Rose initially denied that he’d choked Mr Marrow, a former NFL player.

“I didn’t choke him,” Rose told WSBTV, an Atlanta-area news station. “When you are involved in those situations, the adrenaline and everything is just so heightened, and you sometimes say things as you’re coming down from these incidents, if you will.”
    And in case one wonders why folks don't trust cops investigating cops -

Rose was subsequently fired. A previous internal affairs investigation, conducted before the video of the incident was widely seen, said Rose had acted within professional guidelines during the encounter, and he previously pleaded not guilty.
    Because weirdly, when you investigate yourself for wrongdoing you often fail to find any evidence of wrongdoing. WEIRD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Good news that one bad, abusive cop is off the streets for good.
    Wishful thinking.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gypsy-c...rsight-police/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/u...hire-them.html

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Apparently it's a part of his guilty plea -

In addition to forfeiting his law enforcement certification, Rose will also perform 40 hours of community service, go on probation for a year, and take an anger management class as part of his deal.

"Death" of Breonna Taylor. Use the right word.
    Nope, he was right. She was murdered.

And here I am wondering why I'm seeing more concern about police assaulting Brad Parscale from progressives/liberals than I am from conservatives. Weird that we gotta show up to support white dudes assaulted by the police while the "thin blue line" crowd appear to be cosplaying crickets.

- - - Updated - - -

A member of the grand jury in the Breonna Taylor case filed a motion in Louisville, Kentucky, on Monday to have the sealed grand jury transcripts and records released.

The motion, filed in Jefferson County five days after the jury’s decision was announced, also asks that the jurors be allowed to speak on the case as a matter of public interest, according to the petition.

In the petition, an attorney on behalf of the anonymous juror notes that Kentucky Attorney General David Cameron made public statements that “attempted to make it very clear that the grand jury alone made the decision.”

“The citizens of this Commonwealth have demonstrated their lack of faith in the process and proceedings in this matter and the justice system itself,” the filing said. “Using the grand jurors as a shield to deflect accountability and responsibility for these decisions only sows more seeds of doubt in the process while leaving a cold chill down the spines of future grand jurors.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...seeks-n1241294

Apparently some of the Grand Jury members are not pleased with the AG's handling of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And here I am wondering why I'm seeing more concern about police assaulting Brad Parscale from progressives/liberals than I am from conservatives. Weird that we gotta show up to support white dudes assaulted by the police while the "thin blue line" crowd appear to be cosplaying crickets.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...seeks-n1241294

Apparently some of the Grand Jury members are not pleased with the AG's handling of this.
    Reminder that defense teams aren't allowed in grand fury proceedings; it's just the AG prosecutors and the grand jury themselves. If the AG is bullish enough about how the grand jury has to rule, well, there's a reason that people say a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich. It's almost entirely in the AG's hands, and it's vanishingly rare that the grand jury members will speak counter to their advice.

Which, again, is solely one-sided in favor of whatever outcome the AG wants, even if wildly unfairly to the facts of the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    there's a reason that people say a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich.
    And the addendum that it won't indict a pig.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...jury-recording

Remember how they were supposed to go live?

Well now he wants to delay the release. Oh and he didn't bring up manslaughter or murder charges to the grand jury.

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron said Tuesday that he did not even give the grand jury the option to consider charges ― including murder ― against two of the officers who were involved in Breonna Taylor’s death.

In an interview with WDRB-TV, Cameron said it was “not appropriate” to recommend charges for Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly and Det. Myles Cosgrove ― two of the three Louisville police officers who fired shots in Taylor’s apartment early March 13, six of which hit the 26-year-old Black woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Well now he wants to delay the release. Oh and he didn't bring up manslaughter or murder charges to the grand jury.
    Was gonna come here to post this.

Man, what a surprise that the Grand Jury was only given the option to consider one minor charge against an officer having nothing to do with the murder of Breonna Taylor, or even putting her Black neighbors above her apartment at risk.

This shit needs to come out and it needs to be redacted by an independent authority. AG should have no part in this given that it's becoming painfully obvious he's compromised and doing everything he can to avoid justice for Breonna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Charge the fucking AG as an accessory after the fact, at the same time you charge the fucking officers.

This shit is what a corrupt legal system looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Charge the fucking AG as an accessory after the fact, at the same time you charge the fucking officers.

This shit is what a corrupt legal system looks like.
    Almost like this is more evidence of...systemic racism and a system that's designed around protecting the police and not holding them accountable for their actions.