Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep. They’re good at getting uneducated voters. Malcolm X saw through their bullshit.

https://www.thetimesnews.com/opinion...-white-liberal
    Yeah no. Only one party has politicians tha deny climate change, and has the majority of idiots who believe earth is 6000 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Let's stop humoring GOP nonsense and just admit it was because he's Black and a Democrat, which rankled the right wing.

The past four years have shown they actually do not give a shit about any legitimate grounds for criticism given their excusal of Trump's equal and/or worse grounds for criticism and were just looking for reasons to hate someone they were told to by the media bubble they live in.
    Mainly because he's black, and a successful person. They loathe that, and they despise the fact that they cannot point their racism out.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Mainly because he's black, and a successful person. They loathe that, and they despise the fact that they cannot point their racism out.
    Trump was elevated for the same reason Justice Serena Joy is being nominated.

Conservatives like trolling people by installing deliberately incompetent or underqualified leaders because it buttresses their nonsense beliefs, specifically:

a) Government is automatically bad (of course any government filled with corrupt goons will be bad) and,
    b) Any consideration of demographic compromises quality (it doesn't, unless you answer calls for diversity by installing deliberately underqualified candidates)

There's not actually any political substance or belief behind the modern right wing in America besides weaponising the state against demographics they dislike and extracting as much value as they can from the system before it collapses. QED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I voted for President Trump because Crooked Hillary was unelectable, and the left has proven the past 4 years that all of the left is unelectable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Let's stop humoring GOP nonsense and just admit it was because he's Black and a Democrat, which rankled the right wing.

The past four years have shown they actually do not give a shit about any legitimate grounds for criticism given their excusal of Trump's equal and/or worse grounds for criticism and were just looking for reasons to hate someone they were told to by the media bubble they live in.
    I think avoiding the assertion, but then listing evidence that at least implies it, is a better tact. I’m still waiting for @Ghostpanther to tell us what about Harris’s DA record, that even had Trump donating to her, makes him believe that she is Biden’s antifa puppeteer. I don’t need to say it... it’s obvious...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    I voted for President Trump because Crooked Hillary was unelectable, and the left has proven the past 4 years that all of the left is unelectable.
    Yes, this is the divisiveness that Trump created... we know... as 210000 Americans die, Trump can’t tell the truth about Covid, because he needs to scare you with evil left.

Just a reminder, liberal states like NY and WA sent our unused covid supplies to Florida. While Trump bitched about supporting blue states and celebrated Florida following his advice... Who is creating division, because he has no record to run on?

Edit: Is Biden running in evil conservatives and GOP are fascist puppets or that it doesn’t matter if the state doesn’t vote for him, we are all Americans. Tell me about division when one campaign is fear-mongering fucking Biden and Harris of all people, as extreme left destroying western civilization and which is running on us all being Americans?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-29 at 01:26 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Please give examples.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Funny, 3M more people voted for Hilary. Dems gained seats in the house and senate in 2016. GOP suffered tremendous losses in local, state, and national elections in 2018. Funny your feels don't fit facts. But typical form a trump knobslobberer like yourself.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-29 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Funny, 3M more people voted for Hilary. Dems gained seats in the house and senate in 2016. GOP suffered tremendous losses in local, state, and national elections in 2018. Funny your feels don't fit facts. But typical form a trump knobslobberer like yourself.
    That’s actually a fallacy, an appeal to popularity. The fact that Biden is running ads that we are all one America, while Trump is running ads from Ukrainian civil war, claiming it’s extreme liberals destroying American cities... instead of his record... is an objective example.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s actually a fallacy, an appeal to popularity. The fact that Biden is running ads that we are all one America, while Trump is running ads from Ukrainian civil war, claiming it’s extreme liberals destroying cities... instead of his record... is an objective example.
    Whats the fallacy in my statement? Or are you agreeing the Healing Rain is just full of shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Whats the fallacy in my statement? Or are you agreeing the Healing Rain is just full of shit?
    Appeal to popularity, because you are using the popular vote and wins in midterms, to show that democrats are not divisive. If that person ever responded, they would have two reasons to dismiss your post. The second is obvious...

She is absolutely wrong, am just trying to help weed around their bullshit. Helping anticipate what’s coming up next...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Appeal to popularity, because you are using the popular vote and wins in midterms, to show that democrats are not divisive. If that person ever responded, they would have two reasons to dismiss your post. The second is obvious...

She is absolutely wrong, am just trying to help weed around their bullshit. Helping anticipate what’s coming up next...
    Look 2 things happened that changed the election. Comey disregarding 200 policy to announce a nothing-burger weeks before the election, and heavily targeted social media attacks in specific counties that flipped three blue states by 70K votes. I can say with confidence if Comey didn't stoke the fire or if FB was a competent company in regards to this shit, HRC would have carried MI, WI, and PA. It wasn't me using popular vote to say Dems are unelectable, becasue they gained House and Senate seats as well, showing they are electable. 2018 was even more proof of that, along with winning the majority of the special elections between 2016 and now. Not to mention winning a state SC seat in Wisconsin despite the GOPs best efforts to suppress the vote like not allowing mail in voting during the pandemic and only cutting polling locations in Dem areas by 90%.

Democrats are hugely electable even in less urban areas. Their messaging shows it. Biden would have a 10 point national lead, be competitive in places like Georgia and Texas. Lindsay Graham would have a solid lead over Harrison if Dems weren't electable, nor would there be 11 competitive seats for Dems this election when they really should only have had 3 maybe 4. Trump would have to be wasting money in solid red states if Dems weren't electable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    As usual, your lack of historical knowledge is showing. Fox News has done a good job grooming you people.
    I mean given what he claims is his age he should have been well aware of that. Hell, I was only 10ish and knew.

You know... white undecided voters don't give a fuck about democracy... they are only recoiling from Trump because of his manners which says to me large swaths of white people simply don't give a fuck about issues or policies, they would be happy under nazi America, they just want people to behave with more decorum as they stick children in cages and sterilise women.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...71f_story.html

Maybe the debates will help, but for now, Karen and Marlin Boltz remain genuinely stymied. The couple voted for Donald Trump four years ago, but they can’t stand how he’s divided the country and emboldened white supremacists. They like Joe Biden, but recoil at the idea of higher taxes and bigger spending.

The Boltzes, who live in a rural area half an hour outside Pittsburgh, find themselves squarely between their children. Their son who lives next door is more conservative than they are and supports Trump. Their daughter in Seattle and their son in Chicago, whom they hope to see soon happily married to his male partner, are adamant that Trump be removed.

“It’s an interesting place to sit as parents,” said Marlin, 63 and recently retired after a long career at a machine manufacturing company. “We consider ourselves as moderate. Conservative on fiscal issues and liberal on gay marriage. There are no candidates that fit. If I had a spreadsheet, I’d be trying to fill it out to say: Who do I think can pull the country back together? I have never been this undecided this close to an election.”

When the first of three debates between Trump and Biden begins Tuesday evening, as many as 1 in 10 voters — enough to swing the election either way — will still be searching for the thing that finally seals their choice. National polls in recent days have reported that anywhere from 3 percent to 11 percent of voters are unsure or might yet switch sides.

These undecideds have heard the jokes and insults aimed at people who can’t see the differences between Trump and Biden, but that does nothing to ease their doubts. In interviews, these battleground-state voters spoke of feeling a civic duty to remain open to the candidates’ pitches on Tuesday night, and a desire to see how they perform under pressure.

Many still like the idea of Trump as disrupter, the non-politician giving the Washington system a hefty dose of shock treatment, yet they are appalled by his languid approach to the coronavirus pandemic or disgusted by his antipathy toward immigrants and refugees.

Many have always liked Biden, but they worry about whether he’s lost a step or about whether he would stand up to the left wing of his own party.

“I’ll decide based on the debates,” said George Cottingham, a 25-year-old music production student in Racine, Wis. “I want to see a sense of purpose. I always can tell if someone’s competent by seeing how they present themselves.”

Cottingham will be casting his first vote in a presidential election, but he liked Trump in 2016 and is leaning toward him again this time.

He said he sees the coronavirus as a greater threat than Trump seems to, but he says the president’s skepticism about wearing masks is a reasonable ploy: “Honestly, everyone should be wearing a mask, but Trump says things against it to keep people from freaking out, and I get it that he’s trying to keep everything together.”

Some undecideds turn out to be people who’ve long felt alienated from the two big political parties, who voted for Libertarian Gary Johnson or Green Party candidate Jill Stein in 2016 and now think their vote may have greater impact if they can make their peace with Biden or Trump.

Roan Kirschbaum, 28, who studies sound design in Oshkosh, Wis., and is looking for work, has voted only for Green Party candidates in the past, but he’s open to either Trump or Biden this time and hopes they’ll use the debate to address how social media platforms are warping the country’s political discussion by feeding people evermore extreme views.

“It’s a vicious attack on human well-being and I don’t hear either candidate talking about it,” he said.

Kirschbaum said that although Trump “is better than Biden at listening to the American people, the problem is then he just doesn’t care about doing what’s right. Like on the virus, he wanted to keep people from panicking, but he won’t admit that it’s good to wear masks. Would it be any different under Democratic leadership? Biden is more pro-science, but I don’t know.”

Some undecided voters aren’t really voters at all. They belong to the faction that in most presidential elections is just as big as the Democrats or Republicans — non-voters.

Pete Jordan’s indecision is rooted in exhaustion. An independent who leans Democratic, he voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and said he wanted her “to win real bad. It didn’t happen. I was punched in the throat.”

But Jordan’s distaste for Trump has diminished over time. He can’t stomach Fox News’s cheerleading for the president, but he also thinks CNN and MSNBC became “a joke” by railing against Trump no matter what.

“Everybody knows the guy’s an a------, but do I have to hear it 24/7/365?” asked Jordan, who lives in Becker County, Minn., near the North Dakota border and not far from where Trump held a rally last week.

Still, he said, “Donald Trump got elected and my 401(k) went up about 35 percent, so how can I hate the man for that? But his narcissistic brain won’t allow him to shut his piehole. He has to be the center of attention. Shut up and govern.”

Jordan’s view of the Democrats has soured over time: He thought Democratic senators grilled Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh too harshly over allegations of past sexual assault. And closer to home in Minnesota, the violence that followed Black Lives Matter protests after George Floyd’s killing by Minneapolis police deepened his disillusionment.

Jordan, 57, plans to watch the debates hoping Biden will give him a reason to vote for him. But if the election were held tomorrow, he said, he would likely stay home.

“I’m so up in the air right now,” he said. “I just don’t have the patience for all this s--- anymore.”

GOP voters say they enjoy the ‘Trump Show’ but want to see a plan for second term

After discounting leaners, third-party voters and non-voters, there remain a solid group of people who are simply stuck between Trump and Biden. Many, like Karen and Marlin Boltz, are social liberals and fiscal conservatives who find no echo of their beliefs in Washington politics.

The Boltzes, lifelong Republicans, want the debates to reveal what they say news coverage of the campaign has not: Who will address the cost of health care? Who will support protests for racial justice but stand firm against violence? Who can actually bring people together?
    A comment:
    60,000,000 Americans voted for a White nationalist in 2016. Those minds won't be changed as its based in the fear of the browning of America. 100,000 PA, MI, and WI "progressives" voted for Jill Stein who sat at a Moscow dinner at the same table as Michael Flynn and Putin. Americans who truly care about democracy need to politically neutralize these 60,100,000 voters by focusing on getting the 4,000,000 2012 Obama voters who didn't vote in 2016, to get off their rears in 2020. White "undecideds" are irredeemable.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-29 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You know... white undecided voters don't give a fuck about democracy... they are only recoiling from Trump because of his manners which says to me large swaths of white people simply don't give a fuck about issues or policies, they would be happy under nazi America, they just want people to behave with more decorum as they stick children in cages and sterilise women.
    I feel it is similar to forum complaints, or even survey complaints. Those who are largely unaffected, and are going about their business without much of a bother generally stay silent and complacent.

Of course the issue is the lack of empathy for people other than themselves.

-snip-
    You know what they all have in common? They're all white. The one dude voting for his 401(k) screams privilege. Doesn't matter if others suffer as long as my retirement is sound, bois! I don't get how people can ignore all the bullshit happening under the Trump administration or any administration as long as they're 'safe'. I'd rather the Government claim more taxes and setup a functional country than me stay rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You know what they all have in common? They're all white. The one dude voting for his 401(k) screams privilege. Doesn't matter if others suffer as long as my retirement is sound, bois! I don't get how people can ignore all the bullshit happening under the Trump administration or any administration as long as they're 'safe'. I'd rather the Government claim more taxes and setup a functional country than me stay rich.
    This is basically the same thing as I said. The unaffected don't care. They have a complete lack of empathy, so as long as their future is ok, they don't care who suffers.

10+ Year Old Account

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...71f_story.html

A comment:
    I don't understand why people that have voted straight GOP since 1964 somehow keep convincing others they're "undecided"

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This is basically the same thing as I said. The unaffected don't care. They have a complete lack of empathy, so as long as their future is ok, they don't care who suffers.
    Agreed, I think I hadn't refreshed the page so didn't see your response. :*

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I don't understand why people that have voted straight GOP since 1964 somehow keep convincing others they're "undecided"
    Because they know voting for Trump is a fucking crime, but they'll do it anyway because tribalism 101.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oh look, there's Tulsi helping Project Veritas push conspiracy theories. Sure glad she never made it through to the General.
    Ah yes, conservatives.

"We don't believe highly established media outlets like the Atlantic and the New York Times, but we'll believe, without question, the work of James O'Keefe who's been convicted of doctoring fake news."

And fuck Tulsi. The more I listened to her, the more fake and insincere she sounded.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Because they don't think that the bad stuff will happen to them. It's like the loons who still think COVID-19 is being hyped up, and that the death rates are manipulated to keep people in fear, and then completely flip-flop when they or a loved one contacts the disease and dies. America's "Me First" Mentality is its biggest problem. So concerned about their own lives that they'll turn a blind eye on their neighbors even if their house is burning down and the screams from inside can be heard.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    -snip-
    Tulsi Gabbard is a fucking idiot. She's the epitome of a bad faith politician that tries to wangle her way into being the 'objective voice'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Because they don't think that the bad stuff will happen to them. It's like the loons who still think COVID-19 is being hyped up, and that the death rates are manipulated to keep people in fear, and then completely flip-flop when they or a loved one contacts the disease and dies. America's "Me First" Mentality is its biggest problem. So concerned about their own lives that they'll turn a blind eye on their neighbors even if their house is burning down and the screams from inside can be heard.
    It's becoming similar in the UK as well now, and I fear that all countries with right wing Governments will spread their own form of disinformation.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    As usual, your lack of historical knowledge is showing. Fox News has done a good job grooming you people.
    And as usual, why should I care what you think about me? What did I say that was not true?

Ok, I was wrong about one part. https://nypost.com/2020/09/11/bahrai...israel-report/

4 other Arab nations now have recognized Israel rights to exist. But the list was increased under Trump by two. A good thing.

Here is another video I did not know about. While he was joking, I would still not call anyone a stupid bastard for not clapping for me.

Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-09-29 at 02:54 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams