Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I just want to thank blizzard for actually listening this time, and to everyone who said this was a bad idea can go suck an egg. Thanks
    Glad it can't haunt us anymore. It can only get better from here.

Can't wait to see which poor unfortunate soul gets this mechanic instead next expansion though. My bet is on Frost dk or the new class if we get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Glad it can't haunt us anymore. It can only get better from here.

Can't wait to see which poor unfortunate soul gets this mechanic instead next expansion though. My bet is on Frost dk or the new class if we get one!
    I honestly can't believe there were people in here defending that talent.... christ if they were to buff that thing to be meta I would have never touched s priest again.

I honestly can't believe there were people in here defending that talent.... christ if they were to buff that thing to be meta I would have never touched s priest again.
    Why? Because it turned your 15 second damage cooldown into a 30 second damage cooldown AT MOST that you have to have to press still only every 1.5 minutes? It was still hardly a shell of how the gameplay used to be.

Honestly, new shadow gameplay for single target is a massive downgrade, though the spec changes in general will be healthy overall for the spec. Legion and BFA Shadow is the most fun the spec has ever been by a long shot, but it was an absolute headache to balance. At least AoE will be more fun now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    To people who want Legacy of the Void removed.

Don't you think it's a bit too entitled to ask for it to be downright removed when the Shadow Priest spec is the only Void user in the whole game? They already took a few steps back fantasy-wise to cater to those wanting the old playstyle back. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is awesome now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't object to the new gameplay direction. However, I feel like they cut out a lot of the Void fantasy and some people here want that to be removed completely.

I believe it's wrong to completely demolish the Void fantasy when we still don't have a new class to represent it.
    So you want that cancerous talent to stay around, because it has "void" in its name? Come on now..

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Why? Because it turned your 15 second damage cooldown into a 30 second damage cooldown AT MOST that you have to have to press still only every 1.5 minutes? It was still hardly a shell of how the gameplay used to be.

Honestly, new shadow gameplay for single target is a massive downgrade, though the spec changes in general will be healthy overall for the spec. Legion and BFA Shadow is the most fun the spec has ever been by a long shot, but it was an absolute headache to balance. At least AoE will be more fun now.
    Yeah it turned it into a 30 second duration as of right now while you are dancing to stay into void form. It completely got rid of the idea of reworking the class with the direction they were heading with legacy of the void. With gear ramping up who knows how long you could have stayed in the void form making it turn into almost exactly what we were walking away from.

Void form was just a terrible idea all around. It plagued s priests in pvp and pve alike. I absolutely hated every second of it. Thank god they decided to not only rework priests but to delete this talent as well. Whoever had the idea to keep it in wasnt thinking clearly.

Yeah it turned it into a 30 second duration as of right now while you are dancing to stay into void form. It completely got rid of the idea of reworking the class with the direction they were heading with legacy of the void. With gear ramping up who knows how long you could have stayed in the void form making it turn into almost exactly what we were walking away from.

Void form was just a terrible idea all around. It plagued s priests in pvp and pve alike. I absolutely hated every second of it. Thank god they decided to not only rework priests but to delete this talent as well. Whoever had the idea to keep it in wasnt thinking clearly.
    Believe it or not, some people disagree with your views. I enjoyed void form and really have no idea why people think the new version is better. You still try to pump out as much damage as you possibly can during the window so nothing really changed there, except the window is a lot shorter on average and a lot less frequent due to the cooldown. Bringing back devouring plague was excellent and some of the other changes are as well, but for me personally the change to void form is a downgrade. Oh well, guess they gave in to the whiners on this one.

n1 all your crying has helped turning shadow into a god damn boring snoozefest. enjoy your dp spamming with zero exciting gameplay

no wonder blizzard is afraid of trying anything new with the game. everything has to be BURST BURST BURST and on Demand. "RAMP UP IS BAAAD MKAAAY"
    Last edited by idnn; 2020-09-29 at 02:30 PM.

Yeah this is not a good change and just completely removes a playstyle to - what, appease players who didn't like it?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Yeah this is not a good change and just completely removes a playstyle to - what, appease players who didn't like it?
    Exactly. Shame to see the unique playstyle of Shadow get even further diminished. But alas, Shadow is the only DPS spec of the Priests, and as such I think they are trying to make it more vanilla.

Weird thing is OP can't even fathom why everyone else in the thread likes Legion Shadow gameplay. It's so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Exactly. Shame to see the unique playstyle of Shadow get even further diminished. But alas, Shadow is the only DPS spec of the Priests, and as such I think they are trying to make it more vanilla.

Weird thing is OP can't even fathom why everyone else in the thread likes Legion Shadow gameplay. It's so weird.
    The fact it's Priest's ONLY DPS spec should be reason enough to enable multiple play-styles, since you can't just go another spec that focuses on single target / aoe / etc. I understand the scaling issues and how Spriest turned into a turret but now that they've fixed a whole slew of issues, and made baseline Spriest not at all a turret and then also remove that playstyle... Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Believe it or not, some people disagree with your views. I enjoyed void form and really have no idea why people think the new version is better. You still try to pump out as much damage as you possibly can during the window so nothing really changed there, except the window is a lot shorter on average and a lot less frequent due to the cooldown. Bringing back devouring plague was excellent and some of the other changes are as well, but for me personally the change to void form is a downgrade. Oh well, guess they gave in to the whiners on this one.
    Fine by me I really don't care, blizzard made the right move and that's all that matters now.

- - - Updated - - -

Um...no? Because this mechanic is impossible to balance because it's just simply a bad idea. It's either worthless or completely overpowered. I wouldn't have minded if they just kept it completely worthless but they kept buffing and buffing it near the end there, making it likely the every single priest would have to go back to this trash playstyle or suffer.

Thankfully they finally understood it and deleted it. Thank GOD

I thought it was a good expansion

Um...no? Because this mechanic is impossible to balance because it's just simply a bad idea. It's either worthless or completely overpowered. I wouldn't have minded if they just kept it completely worthless but they kept buffing and buffing it near the end there, making it likely the every single priest would have to go back to this trash playstyle or suffer.
    It's not a bad idea, and Blizzard knows how to fix it and tune the numbers - they, like many other specs / classes will let things stay strong because they want it to be that way. You're going to run into this issue of certain talents being powerful compared to the other choices on basically any class / spec every now and again. I'd rather it be average and stayed, than removing it because other people disliked it being a viable option.

Talent was gonna become op sooner or later because of rising haste levelsand be the only way to play, glad blizzard made the right call.

It's not a bad idea, and Blizzard knows how to fix it and tune the numbers -
    Well over the last two expansions they have yet to prove they do, so keep talkin about of your butt, friend.

Well they actually removed it. Hmm.
    On one hand Im sad that Legacy of the Void is removed, because I like the gameplay of fighting the insanity drain....
    On the other hand, Im not sure it could ever truely work within the new design of Shadow priest, and if it can't its properly better to have a different talent in its place.

Honestly, the thing that annoys me the most though, is two things:
    1 - I found Voidform shadowpriest really enjoyable in Legion, in large parts because of how Mass Hysteria and Void Torrent interacted, so why not iterate on that, rather than remove all the tings about it? (they removed it in BFA, so nothing new here).
    2 - When Shadowpriest got reworked on the beta, they specifically said Legacy of the Void was there to retain that old playstyle. But rather than actually working toward making it feel right, they just... removed it? As cool as the new talent sounds, I find that a bit dissapointing.

Oh well. I like both designs of shadowpriest, so I will survive.

lol they actually removed it. we just keep winning and winning.
    change can't wait.