Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Yeah, no, that's just dumb.
    That's subject to change in the near future, so keep an eye on that.
    It's to do with the mail server,. somehow services other than icloud/gmail don't seem to respond to the smtp forward, so other servers weren't receiving their account activation response.

Tofu posted this today:
    ""thank you for the suggestion! I will be upgrading the mailing system to enable other email providers sometime this week =)""
    Last edited by bbr; 2020-09-28 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    That's subject to change in the near future, so keep an eye on that.
    It's to do with the mail server,. somehow services other than icloud/gmail don't seem to respond to the smtp forward, so other servers weren't receiving their account activation response.

Tofu posted this today:
    ""thank you for the suggestion! I will be upgrading the mailing system to enable other email providers sometime this week =)""
    Never ever had that problem running my own sites, just use a mail delivery system like Sendgrid for example. Hopefully it gets sorted, just looked a bit fishy, that's all.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Never ever had that problem running my own sites, just use a mail delivery system like Sendgrid for example. Hopefully it gets sorted, just looked a bit fishy, that's all.
    tis perfectly legit, but yeah the mail host was kind of iffy,. and expensive too.
    New one being implemented does more, and it's actually cheaper too,. but anyway,. lets get back on the cyberpunk topic ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Witcher 3 was very performance friendly as well - CDPR can optimise games

Plus the alreay mentioned obvious fact it's been in development forawile, it's not really pushing the boat out graphically (which is fine)

- - - Updated - - -

so is there any point to get it on GOG over steam?
    Let the modding community take care of that to be honest. Worked for the witcher games.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how this thread is still alive years later. I've never heard of this game until a few months ago. I've never played a Witcher game until this year. Close to finishing Witcher 3 now. I can't imagine waiting for a game for 7 years. I'm totally pumped for this game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geotaku21 View Post
    I love how this thread is still alive years later. I've never heard of this game until a few months ago. I've never played a Witcher game until this year. Close to finishing Witcher 3 now. I can't imagine waiting for a game for 7 years. I'm totally pumped for this game.
    No one but maybe some Cyberpunk 2020 fans were waiting 7 years. First there was hype for Witcher 3 & expansions, so real wait started in 2016 (and first real info about game was E3 2018).

7+ Year Old Account
    Collectors Edition map and postcard leak:

https://imgur.com/a/2KXqlcN
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

If I could honestly skip the next month of my life I think I would go into cryosleep and wake up on cyberpunk launch date

I remember upgrading to a 7950 in 2012 to play The Witcher 2. I remember writing down on my whiteboard the date of an upcoming conference/stream from CDPR in Feb 2013. I remember the hype I had playing TW3 at launch, & even if I didn't think it was as good as TW2, I still bloody enjoyed it. And I definitely remember the hype I felt seeing the Cyberpunk announcement, especially after recently checking out the tabletop game of the same name.

... But none of the footage I've seen has screamed out to me that "this is an absolute must play that does something new." The gunplay looks run of the mill - fine, but nothing special. The driving looks okay as well. I know it's an RPG & it'll live or die by its story, but seeing how TW3 suffered compared to TW2, I'm a little concerned by that as well. Still, I hope it's brilliant, and the Shadowlands delay does mean buying it day one is back on the table We shall see.

I'm surprised people are still hyped for this game. I forgot it was a thing. The delays made me lose all the interest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I'm surprised people are still hyped for this game. I forgot it was a thing. The delays made me lose all the interest.
    Are you really? There's not much else worth playing coming up (At least for what I assume is many people), and this year has been pretty terrible for game releases across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I literally started building a 3080 build just for this game. Hyped over and beyond any expansion of wow ever. I would just like there to be a 3rd person view so we can actually see how we customize our toon on the other hand as monitors get bigger I think first person play will be extremely immersive esp with all the high techs on GPUs.
    i'm sure we'll get a photo mode, will see our character in inventory and such, aswell as in numerous mirrors or reflective surfaces

Which one should i buy guys, sorry if it's a stupid question. But i am so torn between these 2 i can't decide.

Baldur's Gate 3 EA or CP2077.

Reasoning: BG 3 gives me Dragon Origin's vibes, CP2077 because it's CDPR.

ARGHHHHH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Which one should i buy guys, sorry if it's a stupid question. But i am so torn between these 2 i can't decide.

Baldur's Gate 3 EA or CP2077.

Reasoning: BG 3 gives me Dragon Origin's vibes, CP2077 because it's CDPR.

ARGHHHHH.
    Buy both /shrug

But then BG3 is EA and only chapter 1 out of X for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Buy both /shrug

But then BG3 is EA and only chapter 1 out of X for now.
    I wish i could man, but i only have money for 1 game. I ain't rich sadly...

I personally wants to support CDPR the most after W3, but it's hard... with what i've seen from BG 3 etc.

True through, but currently i heard even EA for BG 3 has like 25 hours content of the story, thats still bonkers massive.

I wish i could man, but i only have money for 1 game. I ain't rich sadly...

I personally wants to support CDPR the most after W3, but it's hard... with what i've seen from BG 3 etc.

True through, but currently i heard even EA for BG 3 has like 25 hours content of the story, thats still bonkers massive.
    It's kind of an impossible question to answer even with it being a subjective answer. We haven't played them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    It's kind of an impossible question to answer even with it being a subjective answer. We haven't played them yet.
    I know...

I'll just go with CP2077, i feel i can't miss out on that for BG 3 which isn't finished until 1 - 2 years.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2020-10-05 at 09:37 PM.

I know...

I'll just go with CP2077, i feel i can't miss out on that for BG 3 which isn't finished until 1 - 2 years.
    Man if it isn’t out for that long, just save a dollar a week man. Idk your financial situation but literally just get a jar and put a dollar in it once a week.

Brah, I am going to go and say - *snip*, then buy it when you can.
    Sure, you wont get achievements and stuff, but that can come later, on 2nd playthrough, with patches and DLC's.

Nope, don't discuss that here. -Edge
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Brah, I am going to go and say - pirate one of them, then buy it when you can.
    Sure, you wont get achievements and stuff, but that can come later, on 2nd playthrough, with patches and DLC's.
    I could do that, but the downside of pirating is then you also have to wait for cracks or working CD-Keys and they always take ages to come out...

Due to this i am honestly against pirating but i understand what you are trying to say.