Poll: Your opinion on these issues

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Faction balance wasn't done in Classic so I doubt it will be done in TBC. I think a lot of you are getting your hopes up for nothing. I suspect they will roll out TBC very similar to Classic in phases and the last patch of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Hmm weren't we just asking for things like world buffs removed among other changes to classic to make it better?
    Because pre mades make only TBC better for people who cannot be arsed to level a character, it's that simple.

At worst, it makes people that actually prepared character(s) for TBC feel like idiots because they could have just waited for the pre mades.

10+ Year Old Account
    attunements need to stay in, as do pre-nerf boss difficulties. If they wanna nerf those in phase 6 equiv./end of TBC cycle then sure whatever, but these things need to be in initially.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm not saying they're nonexistent, i'm saying that i'm not sure that there are enough to populate a server, as this server has no pre established players like any TBC server would where you can take your characters from Classic with you.
    Nono, you totally misunderstand. The number of non-classic players who will want to play TBC is HUGE. It's enough to populate a DOZEN servers. And then some.

We're talking people who started in TBC or have particular fondness for it and for any reason didn't play, or did play but have no interest in, vanilla. This is actually a huge number of people. Do I have fixed statistics? Of course not. I've just been observing, and paying attention to wider discussions. Even half my RL friends will come back for TBC, but Classic Vanilla? They said "screw that".

Far more players (more than twice the number of vanilla players) started their WoW adventure in TBC, so even among them, those who tried out vanilla would have done so as a novelty and immediately missed features of TBC they grew up with and love, and not stuck around long in Vanilla. Classic as it currently stands is more or less majority-populated by people who strongly believe 'flying and arena ruined the game'. If you ask the wow playerbase as a whole, the majority will tell you flying and arena were positive additions to the game.

Trust me, the number of sleepers waiting to return for TBC is absolutely enormous and would completely surprise you.
    Last edited by Will; 2020-09-29 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt be a classic server if shit wasnt extremly unbalanced. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Trust me, the number of sleepers waiting to return for TBC is absolutely enormous and would completely surprise you.
    I'm just going to skip right past your post and ask for a source other than "dude, trust me".

I'm just going to skip right past your post and ask for a source other than "dude, trust me".
    On private servers, as of now, TBC seems to be more popular. That may be because all the people who wanted Vanilla, got Classic, but it still means there is a massive number of people wanting to play TBC, that are not playing Classic.

Blizzard will have to drastically increase the number of servers.
    Just like they underestimated the number of people wanting Classic, they will underestimate those wanting TBC, just like you're doing now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Faction balance wasn't done in Classic so I doubt it will be done in TBC. I think a lot of you are getting your hopes up for nothing. I suspect they will roll out TBC very similar to Classic in phases and the last patch of the xpac.
    That is fine, I will adapt to whatever they do, but it's just unfortunate to be forced to go Horde. Not for me, but I know a lot of people will want to go Alliance, and they will suffer if they're on a PvP server, guaranteed.

But as I said, I will adapt to any situation. If they screw up even the base game, then I'll just tend to my other hobbies, so it's a win-win either way.

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    On private servers, as of now, TBC seems to be more popular.
    I don't want to spoil things for you, but a lot of people that are playing TBC private servers right now are essentially treating those as training grounds for the TBC release.
    After all, some were still taken offguard by the Meta from Private Servers in Classic and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Heck, i know at least two of my guildmates in Classic are leveling on a TBC private server right now.
    Why?
    See above.

Those people sure as shit aren't betting on the fact that TBC servers will have Pre made characters, they most likely have at least one 60 on Classic right now, are raidlogging or have quit until TBC.
    And -mind you- the MO of Private Servers isn't even to hand out Pre made characters, but buffed XP rates.

My only concern is they roll current servers into TBC servers, the population will likely just be too large for Outland. With how farmed herb nodes are presently, and mining will likely be worse than it is with JC being the new profession in TBC to compete with BS/Eng, it could be quite the issue. Daily quest hubs could also be a huge nightmare of a spawning/tagging issue. Though I suppose this will give world pvp enthusiasts a place to hang out?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    attunements need to stay in, as do pre-nerf boss difficulties. If they wanna nerf those in phase 6 equiv./end of TBC cycle then sure whatever, but these things need to be in initially.

- - - Updated - - -

Nono, you totally misunderstand. The number of non-classic players who will want to play TBC is HUGE. It's enough to populate a DOZEN servers. And then some.

We're talking people who started in TBC or have particular fondness for it and for any reason didn't play, or did play but have no interest in, vanilla. This is actually a huge number of people. Do I have fixed statistics? Of course not. I've just been observing, and paying attention to wider discussions. Even half my RL friends will come back for TBC, but Classic Vanilla? They said "screw that".

Far more players (more than twice the number of vanilla players) started their WoW adventure in TBC, so even among them, those who tried out vanilla would have done so as a novelty and immediately missed features of TBC they grew up with and love, and not stuck around long in Vanilla. Classic as it currently stands is more or less majority-populated by people who strongly believe 'flying and arena ruined the game'. If you ask the wow playerbase as a whole, the majority will tell you flying and arena were positive additions to the game.

I basically have the exact same situation going on. ALL of my friends who I have played with through vanilla>whenever they quit almost ALL said screw vanilla. They didn't want to go back to the nonsense of the only thing to do is raid or die in the snooze fest raids it had to offer. But they are almost ALL hyped about tbc, some are more hyped for wotlk though to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

On private servers, as of now, TBC seems to be more popular. That may be because all the people who wanted Vanilla, got Classic, but it still means there is a massive number of people wanting to play TBC, that are not playing Classic.

Just like they underestimated the number of people wanting Classic, they will underestimate those wanting TBC, just like you're doing now.

- - - Updated - - -

That is fine, I will adapt to whatever they do, but it's just unfortunate to be forced to go Horde. Not for me, but I know a lot of people will want to go Alliance, and they will suffer if they're on a PvP server, guaranteed.

But as I said, I will adapt to any situation. If they screw up even the base game, then I'll just tend to my other hobbies, so it's a win-win either way.
    Yup, tbc servers have always had massive massive starting points, the only downside to them is that no server has ever stayed true to tbc like a lot of vanilla p servers did and ALL of them have been extremely buggy so they all died off fairly quickly. TBC has a bigger audience than vanilla. That's simply put, but if we are being honest here **THE** version of wow that will always rule all is WOTLK. I personally prefer tbc, but the numbers speak for themselves. WOTLK is and will always be king.

I don't want to spoil things for you, but a lot of people that are playing TBC private servers right now are essentially treating those as training grounds for the TBC release.
    After all, some were still taken offguard by the Meta from Private Servers in Classic and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Heck, i know at least two of my guildmates in Classic are leveling on a TBC private server right now.
    Why?
    See above.

Those people sure as shit aren't betting on the fact that TBC servers will have Pre made characters, they most likely have at least one 60 on Classic right now, are raidlogging or have quit until TBC.
    And -mind you- the MO of Private Servers isn't even to hand out Pre made characters, but buffed XP rates.
    Ok, people using the private servers as practice for when official servers come, what does that have to do with my point?
    There are people like me, not playing WoW at all (not even private servers), who want to play TBC, that's it.

If you don't get that, then I don't know what to tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

I basically have the exact same situation going on. ALL of my friends who I have played with through vanilla>whenever they quit almost ALL said screw vanilla. They didn't want to go back to the nonsense of the only thing to do is raid or die in the snooze fest raids it had to offer. But they are almost ALL hyped about tbc, some are more hyped for wotlk though to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, tbc servers have always had massive massive starting points, the only downside to them is that no server has ever stayed true to tbc like a lot of vanilla p servers did and ALL of them have been extremely buggy so they all died off fairly quickly. TBC has a bigger audience than vanilla. That's simply put, but if we are being honest here **THE** version of wow that will always rule all is WOTLK. I personally prefer tbc, but the numbers speak for themselves. WOTLK is and will always be king.
    Of course that's the essence of it. It seems some people have been so immersed in WoW the last 15 years they don't realize the number of people that haven't played since WotLK, who will jump at the chance at something that is not a private server. When they finally release WotLK Classic, it will be the most popular game on Twitch for a while, even more so than Classic.

Ok, people using the private servers as practice for when official servers come, what does that have to do with my point?
    There are people like me, not playing WoW at all (not even private servers), who want to play TBC, that's it.

That guy is an eristic I would just put him on ignore I don’t even think he believes half the stuff he posts, he just says stuff to ‘prove’ people wrong for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Of course that's the essence of it. It seems some people have been so immersed in WoW the last 15 years they don't realize the number of people that haven't played since WotLK, who will jump at the chance at something that is not a private server. When they finally release WotLK Classic, it will be the most popular game on Twitch for a while, even more so than Classic.
    For sure, wotlk will put classic to shame honestly if they release it right. Especially if they try out things like progressive patches so people can play and see what the ‘real’ dk was like when it came out lol holy Christ it would be awesome.

That guy is an eristic I would just put him on ignore I don’t even think he believes half the stuff he posts, he just says stuff to ‘prove’ people wrong for no reason.
    This forum is considerably better than the official forums. Haven't posted there in a while, as I'm not subscribed, but I'm guessing the average IQ is higher here, no matter if some people like to argue a little too much for their own good.

That those people most likely already have a level 60 character on the Classic servers and thus do not need Pre made characters?

You have to take a step back on your argument here, if there are people who actually do not have a max level character on a Classic server, but are playing TBC private server right now as preperation, they are going through the process (a.k.a. leveling) they hope to skip, despite that not even being confirmed.

Am i supposed to believe that people are willing to put that much preperation into something (especially when said preperation involves an activity that is a killer criteria for them), when there's a good chance that if said criteria isn't met (Pre made characters) that they throw the towel right off the bat?

And as a small reminder on that poll, the only option that actually involved Pre made characters was:
    "Start a brand new character from level 58 on a new Burning Crusade Server"
    That option did not involve any transfers / copies of your Classic characters, that's a clean slate from 58 for everyone, keeping your character was covered by other options.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-09-29 at 09:53 PM.

That those people most likely already have a level 60 character on the Classic servers and thus do not need Pre made characters?

You have to take a step back on your argument here, if there are people who actually do not have a max level character on a Classic server, but are playing TBC private server right now as preperation, they are going through the process (a.k.a. leveling) they hope to skip, despite that not even being confirmed.

Am i supposed to believe that people are willing to put that much preperation into something (especially when said preperation involves an activity that is a killer criteria for them), when there's a good chance that if said criteria isn't met (Pre made characters) that they throw the towel right off the bat?

And as a small reminder on that poll, the only option that actually involved Pre made characters was:
    "Start a brand new character from level 58 on a new Burning Crusade Server"
    That option did not involve any transfers / copies of your Classic characters, that's a clean slate from 58 for everyone, keeping your character was covered by other options.
    You have me confused with someone else, I really don't care about premade characters, and this thread isn't about them.

You have me confused with someone else, I really don't care about premade characters, and this thread isn't about them.
    Then i apologize for that, but i don't think that private server population (at least currently) are a good metric to showcase that there that many people who haven't touched Classic but are planning to play TBC.

As said, a lot of people are right now using those as training ground for TBC, most likely because they made the experience on Classic servers when they didn't have any prior knowledge from private servers and suffered for it.

Then i apologize for that, but i don't think that private server population (at least currently) are a good metric to showcase that there that many people who haven't touched Classic but are planning to play TBC.

As said, a lot of people are right now using those as training ground for TBC, most likely because they made the experience on Classic servers when they didn't have any prior knowledge from private servers and suffered for it.
    Proving beyond a reasonable doubt that new TBC Classic players will not fill a server, is impossible at this time.

Private server data is not concrete evidence in my favor, it's circumstantial, but it's still a good metric for relative interest; relative to other expansions currently being played on private servers.

Proving beyond a reasonable doubt that new TBC Classic players will not fill a server, is impossible at this time.
    For fairness sake, the original statement from me was taken out of context from the previous poster.
    It was under the assumption of having a fresh server specifically for people who do not have a character in Classic, whereas other people could take their Classic character into TBC.

Meaning that the population of such a server has two factors working against them:
    1. If you are friends with someone who has played Classic, they're unlikely to play with you on that fresh server.
    2. People aren't going to take the risk to end on a dead server (which any fresh server is always in the risk of becoming) and stick to the big ones, which are obviously the ones with people that have played Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is forcing you to go Horde? Did you pick Alliance in Classic because they have the advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Who is forcing you to go Horde? Did you pick Alliance in Classic because they have the advantage?
    Alliance doesn't really have a true advantage in Classic. Horde can't use the exact same tactics and expect to succeed, but what they can do, more than makes up for it.

In TBC (patch 2.4.3), horde dominates both in PvP and in PvE. There is no question.

I was Horde in Classic, I will be Horde in TBC.

Tbc won't happen with all the devs leaving for dreamhaven they will put everyone on retail wow and d4