Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Actually no blood elves are NOTHING like void elves. Blood elves are normal, generic elves, meanwhile void elves have been biologically altered by the Void. They are no longer truly elves, if you play their intro questline you know that they were almost turned into ethereals, but the transformation was stopped mid-way. Regardless, they are more unique than blood elves.
    Blood elves almost transformed into demons.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The same way Illidan was an half elf-half demon mongrel. However his soul was connected to the Nether like full-blown demons, so it should be the same thing for Ren'dorei and the Void, no?
    no, bc illidan isn an elf or half-elf anymore. hes a full-blown demon.
    void elves, as their name implies, are still elves. they are infused with the void, but that doesnt mean they go to it when they die. gul'dan was also infused with fel like shit, but he didnt turn into a demon and thus didnt go to the nether when he died (twice)
    void elves would have to turn into full void beings (like the void revenants, who are the remnants of a species truly overtaken by the void), not just void-infused elves
    in other words they wouldnt be "hot edgy elves" anymore, but tentacled/5 mouthed/7 eyed monsters, which means half of their playerbase would disappear
    Last edited by Houle; 2020-09-27 at 03:42 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    no, bc illidan isn an elf or half-elf anymore. hes a full-blown demon.
    void elves, as their name implies, are still elves. they are infused with the void, but that doesnt mean they go to it when they die. gul'dan was also infused with fel like shit, but he didnt turn into a demon and thus didnt go to the nether when he died (twice)
    void elves would have to turn into full void beings (like the void revenants, who are the remnants of a species truly overtaken by the void), not just void-infused elves
    in other words they wouldnt be "hot edgy elves" anymore, but tentacled/5 mouthed/7 eyed monsters, which means half of their playerbase would disappear
    Your mistake is assuming that tentacled, many-mouthed creatures cannot also be attractive.

Following this quote from a recent interview, we can say that Void elves have been biologically altered at a cellular level by the Void, thus if they died they would not actually go to the Shadowlands with the other mortals, but to the Void. This phenomenon has been compared by Blizzard to the demons returning to the Nether upon dying, and as we all know the demons were not mortal creatures and actually looked down on mortals. The same thing applies to the Old Gods and their faceless minions.

So then is it fair to assume that the void elves have been elevated to the status of immortality? And by that I don't mean a fake immortality like the one the night elves had, which was basically just eternal youth (indeed death still sent them to the Shadowlands with the other mortal masses). By immortality, I mean the supreme immortality that the demons have, that the Old Gods have, that the naaru have, and that every other cosmic-based being has. This must be especially true for Alleria Windrunner, a special void elf who actually merged with the essence of a dark naaru, thus ascending to a higher form.

So then if the game were to reflect the lore more accurately, would my void elf character return to the Void upon dying, instead of going to the ghost version of Azeroth that every other race goes through?
    It has never been proven that the changes to the void elves' body is just cosmetic, or an actual change of being. Are void elf children normal blood elves, or actually void elves?

But to address your question more in-depth: no, the void elves have not been shown to have become "void entities", to the point that the void elves "return to the Void to be reborn". You're making some high leaps of logic, here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Serious question: what is it with you and this endless worship of a character who thus far has had all of 15 minutes of meaningful development in WoW? Is this some kind of weird forum RPing, or a legitimate obsession?
    I think he's hilarious.

Your mistake is assuming that tentacled, many-mouthed creatures cannot also be attractive.
    i think im safe in assuming that the general attraction to hentai-monsters is lower than to hot elf chicks
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Lightforged are still mortal. Incredibly long lived between the light thing and just being draenei, but mortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Serious question: what is it with you and this endless worship of a character who thus far has had all of 15 minutes of meaningful development in WoW? Is this some kind of weird forum RPing, or a legitimate obsession?
    How dare you, it was at least 45 minutes between Argus, the cameo in the nightborne allied race scenario, and the Stormwind dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see anything wrong with it, but you're right, it kinda does feel like an obsession to me. Then again, everyone has something that they like, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Most likely just a shitposting.
    Or boredom maybe?
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-28 at 02:15 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Or boredom maybe?
    Those two are not exclusive, in fact, they can be quite closely connected.

5+ Year Old Account
    She was a major character from WCII era?? Yes she doesn't get that much screen time in modern WoW like other characters but still most of people who worship her had followed the game long before Warcraft 3 released. I'm an example for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsdfvh View Post
    She was a major character from WCII era?? Yes she doesn't get that much screen time in modern WoW like other characters but still most of people who worship her had followed the game long before Warcraft 3 released. I'm an example for this.
    And by major character, you mean generic elven archer trophy wife for human male protagonist?

And by major character, you mean generic elven archer trophy wife for human male protagonist?
    Her racism and disregard of humans in the second book were rather nice, until she got "better"

10+ Year Old Account
    For a character that you seen like 4-5x at most in the game, you sure are obsessed with her.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Her racism and disregard of humans in the second book were rather nice, until she got "better"
    To be fair, she was just tsundere (like all generic elven archer trophy wifes for human male protagonist are for first part of the story).

To be fair, she was just tsundere (like all generic elven archer trophy wifes for human male protagonist are for first part of the story).
    True, would have been great if she had stayed that way

I would assume void elves would go to the Shadowlands, along with other element-infused characters. Kael'thas went there after using fel energy to preserve his soul, for instance. The Wild Gods don't return to the realm of life when killed, and they seem far more in tune with Life than void elves do with Void. Other void infused entities (e.g. Cho'gall) have not seen returning from the realm of Void, either. In general, I would not assume someone gets this special treatment until Blizzard confirms it (e.g. Naaru, demons) given that the logic they use can't be applied to all elements in that cosmology chart (the aforementioned wild gods).

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    For a character that you seen like 4-5x at most in the game, you sure are obsessed with her.
    I see her every time I stop at the Alliance mission table. So, like, every day.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There souls would likely go to the void ya but without a body they would just sit there and go mad with no way out so no not immortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Blood elves almost transformed into demons.
    No they didn’t fel elfs did though a different process.

3+ Year Old Account
    Actually no blood elves are NOTHING like void elves. Blood elves are normal, generic elves, meanwhile void elves have been biologically altered by the Void. They are no longer truly elves, if you play their intro questline you know that they were almost turned into ethereals, but the transformation was stopped mid-way. Regardless, they are more unique than blood elves.
    While I personally think "unique" is a bit of an overstatement, I agree that the Ren'dorei's relation to the Void is not analogous to the Sin'dorei's relation to Fel. The Blood Elves were tainted by Fel energy due to using it to sate the pangs of addiction, not suffusing themselves with it as is the case with beings that become demons. Whereas like you stated the Void Elves have become what we could equate to "Void demons."

What really gets me though is how close we got to having playable Ethereals. Instead it seems to me like they snuffed any hopes of that being possible in the future by adding "almost Ethereal-Elves" which, being the fan of Ethereals I am (and tired of the oversaturated Elves), greatly disappoints me. That's just me being a negative nancy though. I still hope the Ethereals are playable at one point!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    While I personally think "unique" is a bit of an overstatement, I agree that the Ren'dorei's relation to the Void is not analogous to the Sin'dorei's relation to Fel. The Blood Elves were tainted by Fel energy due to using it to sate the pangs of addiction, not suffusing themselves with it as is the case with beings that become demons. Whereas like you stated the Void Elves have become what we could equate to "Void demons."

What really gets me though is how close we got to having playable Ethereals. Instead it seems to me like they snuffed any hopes of that being possible in the future by adding "almost Ethereal-Elves" which, being the fan of Ethereals I am (and tired of the oversaturated Elves), greatly disappoints me. That's just me being a negative nancy though. I still hope the Ethereals are playable at one point!
    We might still get playable Ethereals in the future, on the Alliance side. Locus-Walker is a close ally of Alleria and is seen teaching several scholars in Telogrus Rift, and I also believe there is another void ethereal observing Telogrus Rift from a distance. The Void elves also have a racial literally called "Ethereal affinity", making them natural allies of the ethereals.

But Yes, right now Void elves are the closest to playable ethereals. Since they are elves who came very close to turning into full-blown ethereals, but since the transformation process was stopped mid-way, they are left in a shadowy form.