Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    and what about tank/heal/dps swap? pala monk druid..... is it possible to be optimal in all or i have to sacrifice 2 for 1?.... it seems that wanting to use a class with different role is now a bad thing.....
    You will nolt be able to be 100% optimal, but if you want that then covenants isnt exactly your most pressing concern, what might be more difficult is having good gear and trinkets for 3 different specs when the droprates have been lowered so drastically.

Though for the covenants you can still choose to take a small hit in survivability or throughput in favor of the other. All the soulbinds give you choices between Throughput, Defensive and Utility abilities and Conduits, always in sets of 2. So while oyu cannot be perfectly optimal you can be decent in pretty much everything.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    and what about tank/heal/dps swap? pala monk druid..... is it possible to be optimal in all or i have to sacrifice 2 for 1?.... it seems that wanting to use a class with different role is now a bad thing.....
    No you won't be optimal but thats not really something to worry about. Worry more that said covenant abilities you get might not give well with you and whatevere class/spec you switch to.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-09-29 at 06:54 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Indeed the cynical take(The earnings call part I mean).

I still hope Bolvar gets an actual come back(As in he sorta some Dark harbinger of the damned until he gets the newly forged Helm)
    Why would he get a new Helm?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because someone needs to control the Scourge. Unless they have Arthas be the new Jailer (of the Damned) or invent some way that all the scourge immediately die.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reforged Helm model.

Because someone needs to control the Scourge. Unless they have Arthas be the new Jailer (of the Damned) or invent some way that all the scourge immediately die.

That to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I could see an ending where we end the threat of the Scourge forever, my personal pet theory being that they could make all of them return to Icecrown and then destroy them.
    Either that or we could in theory have something where the mindless undead are all excorcised or something.

wowhead datamined a reforged/repaired helmet model so its fairly sure someone will get it, and bolvar is one of the most likely options
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Well, a stress-test: https://www.wowhead.com/news=318227/...september-30th

I'd say it's a sign that the pre-patch is coming out on the 6th, unless something goes really, really wrong during the test.

I’m personally expecting symmetry with Bolvar LK on Azeroth and Good Guy Arthas as the new Jailer keeping the sky sealed up. Dueling Lich Kings protecting the realms.

Now that they’re building up Arthas again the “Sylvanas Jailer as punishment” thing feels less likely. It’s growing increasingly likely she’ll just get thrown into a hell pit.

Also I think the reforged helmet is a red herring: it’s much, much more likely going to go on the Jailer to complete his armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I could see an ending where we end the threat of the Scourge forever, my personal pet theory being that they could make all of them return to Icecrown and then destroy them.
    Either that or we could in theory have something where the mindless undead are all excorcised or something.
    By the time we're done in SL, there simply might not be a significant scourge force left anyway. It's not like Azeroth is just standing by while they roam through the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    By the time we're done in SL, there simply might not be a significant scourge force left anyway. It's not like Azeroth is just standing by while they roam through the streets.
    Sure, but they seem adamant on keeping all the staple monsters around forever. They could be creative and have some SL crack team come to Azeroth and help deal with the scourge (AR bait and all) but I think them either getting mindcontrolled back to Icecrown or all destroyed is more likely.

Having them wander Azeroth forever would be good bait for diverse questing in a revamped world. People would rather fight Scourge than Quillboar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Sure, but they seem adamant on keeping all the staple monsters around forever. They could be creative and have some SL crack team come to Azeroth and help deal with the scourge (AR bait and all) but I think them either getting mindcontrolled back to Icecrown or all destroyed is more likely.

Having them wander Azeroth forever would be good bait for diverse questing in a revamped world. People would rather fight Scourge than Quillboar.
    They should keep the Scourge around, its a good archetype to use when they need even if they don't use it for years.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    They won't get rid of scourge altogether, death knights have them in their floating fortress, and they use them for class mechanics.
    The Scourge as a whole can't really be removed, simply because that would by extension remove all Forsaken and DKs. I feel that if they go for something that removed all Scourge they will make the distinction of mindless scourge, which Forsaken, DK and whatever Scourge NPCs we interract with isnt part of.

What I’m curious about is what kind of monsters they will come up with that originate from the void and light realms. It’s pretty telling when they both just have voidwalkers/lightspawn, naaru on light and fleshbeasts (including the old gods here) from the void.

I guess you can include the Lightforged/Lightbound and Void Elves too, but they need a lot more species variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Someone needs to make compilation of "concerns" of "favorite streamers" from last few years and how they relate to reality, would be funny.
    I'm sure we could also make one about butt hurt fanboys, would be equally funny .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep totally looks like a patch that's going live next week.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Scourge as a whole can't really be removed, simply because that would by extension remove all Forsaken and DKs. I feel that if they go for something that removed all Scourge they will make the distinction of mindless scourge, which Forsaken, DK and whatever Scourge NPCs we interract with isnt part of.
    Neither of which is part of the Scourge anymore, so you can remove it just fine. Undead as whole are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Honestly, I don't care for the Pre-Patch that much. The real wait is for SFM rule 34 of the Venthyr women.
    Can't wait to see what they do to the Accuser. ;P

I never thought I would actually want Blizzard to postpone an expansion. I'm usually crawling with excitement and impatience.

Just my opinion, but Shadowlands desperately needs more time.