Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Only way they would make talismans better is by removing them completely. I ignore the chests entirely, i have 3 fucking talisman delirium orbs that i won't use, and people dont buy.

I 100% believe that GGG should in POE2 purge 3-5 past leagues. Just retire them completely so we never see them again. My top two for it are Talisman and Torment....
    I keep saying that they should totally go back and update a bunch of older league mechanics/loot (talismans, abyss, breach etc.) and not do a "flashback" league or whatever, but make it into a new league focused purely on updating a lot of older content/mechanics so it fits better with the current state of the game.

Because short of a system to de-corrupt Talismans and allow them to get Blight enchants they're gonna remain hot garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I keep saying that they should totally go back and update a bunch of older league mechanics/loot (talismans, abyss, breach etc.) and not do a "flashback" league or whatever, but make it into a new league focused purely on updating a lot of older content/mechanics so it fits better with the current state of the game.

Because short of a system to de-corrupt Talismans and allow them to get Blight enchants they're gonna remain hot garbage.
    I don't know if enough players want these leagues refreshed. I was talking with my brother and he literally ignores abyss and breaches cause they are boring. The production value visually alone has made these leagues look like dated relics. Yes, some of them have significant use (breach for me typically), but GGG has stated in the past they don't think a bug fix/update league would attract anyone. I hope to god that pre POE2 (which is really likely just a 4.0 patch most likely) GGG slows down, and takes their time. Introducing that many new classes/specs/abilities with their normal fix it in three weeks mentality will ruin the reception of the most anticipated thing in the game in a LONG ass time.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Really seems like a waste of resources to refresh Tailsman league, of all fucking things, if the end result would likely be a reworking so dramatic as to be something else entirely. And nothing short of the most dramatic of revisions could save that league in execution. Goodness, that feels like a decade ago.

What are you guys talking about, they are not refreshing anything, they are just going to buff rewards from talismans/meta/harbringer chests cause they sucks totally.

But that is not going to be enough.

Also if you guys didnt know, you can transform normal amulet into talisman while retaining both aniont and all mods except implicit, these can be really good for certain builds.
    Jorgin from syndicate can do that.

That being said, talismans are only good for alternation orbs.

So... they're finally caving in and making the rogue city a private place just for you & your party rather than filled with randos. Damn I was tired with all the whales popping their apparitions and noisy pets every 5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So... they're finally caving in and making the rogue city a private place just for you & your party rather than filled with randos. Damn I was tired with all the whales popping their apparitions and noisy pets every 5 seconds.
    Don't get too excited. Post patch this has created all sorts of new bugs. Reddit is full of instance crashes and heists not progressing.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Don't get too excited. Post patch this has created all sorts of new bugs. Reddit is full of instance crashes and heists not progressing.
    That was already the case, esp. grand heists spawning without doors or rogues bugging and not opening anything? At least that's what I gleaned from reddit, so I've been stockpiling grand heist maps until I see some light in the tunnel that people say it's fixed.

Tbh a lot of patches started buggy / crashy / laggy / full of dcs in the past but I don't remember a time where it would persist for as long as it does now... league launched half a month ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That was already the case, esp. grand heists spawning without doors or rogues bugging and not opening anything? At least that's what I gleaned from reddit, so I've been stockpiling grand heist maps until I see some light in the tunnel that people say it's fixed.

Tbh a lot of patches started buggy / crashy / laggy / full of dcs in the past but I don't remember a time where it would persist for as long as it does now... league launched half a month ago.
    Yeah, it sucks to avoid the league mechanic entirely in the hopes it gets fixed next week but it is what it is. This is the most mechanically broken i have seen the game in a long time. Quality effects not working, portals closing, instance crashes, Skill Gem Tags literally not working....

Its everywhere. I am also kinda wondering if my Zana is bugged, she is only offering T1 maps, and has been the entire league, and i am at t16. Ive done everything i can think of to refresh her inventory, and have seen the maps change, but they are always different combination of T1 maps.

Man, I'm real glad I'm giving this league the "one month-beta" wait. Just dicking around on my caustic arrow character on SSF standard instead.

Though amusingly, somehow his atlas got COMPLETELY fucked.

Created SSF standard last league, so it should have been basically untouched with the league rollover...but nope. Somehow I gained like 50 atlas completion (all white/yellow maps, which I had definitely NOT done) and a ton of maps after converting. Not as in "Oh, maps I had were changed" but as in, "I now have many more maps total than I did so this isn't just conversion." Cap it off with the fact that I'm now approaching my 16th watchstone and...am still getting guaranteed conquerer pops which is great, but I'm not getting Sirus. Don't think I've ever had a standard SSF character, my stash was empty when I made this dude.

Man, I'm real glad I'm giving this league the "one month-beta" wait. Just dicking around on my caustic arrow character on SSF standard instead.

Though amusingly, somehow his atlas got COMPLETELY fucked.

Created SSF standard last league, so it should have been basically untouched with the league rollover...but nope. Somehow I gained like 50 atlas completion (all white/yellow maps, which I had definitely NOT done) and a ton of maps after converting. Not as in "Oh, maps I had were changed" but as in, "I now have many more maps total than I did so this isn't just conversion." Cap it off with the fact that I'm now approaching my 16th watchstone and...am still getting guaranteed conquerer pops which is great, but I'm not getting Sirus. Don't think I've ever had a standard SSF character, my stash was empty when I made this dude.
    remember, league SSF gets ported to standard SSF at the end of the league.

Also Sirus doesn't show up until you have done 4x4 Conquerers, so 16 stones. And until 16 stones conquers are indeed guaranteed, providing you run the right map/tier
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    remember, league SSF gets ported to standard SSF at the end of the league.
    It was a standard SSF character to begin with, so nothing should have happened other than converting maps.

Also Sirus doesn't show up until you have done 4x4 Conquerers, so 16 stones. And until 16 stones conquers are indeed guaranteed, providing you run the right map/tier
    For some reason I thought he popped at like 8-12, but maybe I haven't fucked it up entirely. Either way, still really weird that it granted me a ton of free atlas completion and a ton of maps (seriously, went from having a handful of T6+ maps to having 1 of almost every T6-10 map) BUT I AIN'T GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT FREE PROGRESS AND LOOT.

It was a standard SSF character to begin with, so nothing should have happened other than converting maps.

For some reason I thought he popped at like 8-12, but maybe I haven't fucked it up entirely. Either way, still really weird that it granted me a ton of free atlas completion and a ton of maps (seriously, went from having a handful of T6+ maps to having 1 of almost every T6-10 map) BUT I AIN'T GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT FREE PROGRESS AND LOOT.
    I mean have you previously had SSF league characters that were moved to standard SSF that you then later perhaps deleted?

I don't know if removing all standard characters purges any stored progress data.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I mean have you previously had SSF league characters that were moved to standard SSF that you then later perhaps deleted?

I don't know if removing all standard characters purges any stored progress data.
    Highlight doubt it. I don't think I've ever played SSF before, and I'm about 99.9% sure my stash was totally empty when I made this character. Maybe I had one and deleted it, but it's weird that league rollover would have any impact on that since I definitely did not have any of that progression beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2957316

Holy cow:

Dropped Talismans in level 68+ areas now drop with higher-tier modifiers on average and with a random Anointed Notable.
    Rooms on Blueprints that you must spend Rogue Markers to reveal will no longer include Armour, Weapons or Jewellery rewards.
    They somehow might of just fixed Talismans. There could be some serious chase ones now.

My limited experience with Heists is still a 50/50 that ill just stroll through and my health wont move or ill just drop dead in an instant. No in between.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2957316

Holy cow:

They somehow might of just fixed Talismans. There could be some serious chase ones now.
    Still gonna be an RNG shitshow, but at least there's the a chance at decent talismans now. Trade will be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still gonna be an RNG shitshow, but at least there's the a chance at decent talismans now. Trade will be interesting.
    100%, there are more bad anoints or borderline useless ones than desirable anoints. This is just going to lead to a bunch of Item Showcase threads on reddit with some absurd luck. While i get a skeleton talisman with 30 int anointed....

100%, there are more bad anoints or borderline useless ones than desirable anoints. This is just going to lead to a bunch of Item Showcase threads on reddit with some absurd luck. While i get a skeleton talisman with 30 int anointed....
    *Gets god-rolled phys DPS/health talisman*

*Looks at anoint*

*Spell damage anoint*

*Uninstalls*

Looking forward to getting Discipline and Training anointed Talisman with absolute junk but playing it anyway because Discipline and Training.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Lets be honest nobody is going to even look at talismans unless they drop all T1's with anoint. And I am not even joking.

And as for review.

Crashes are foreign to me, I don't even know what people are talking about. Game's been rock solid since minute zero.
    A8 done, 3 builds done (one unfinished). Cyclone max block facebreaker glad, KB/PS deadeye and summoner golem in progress.
    Almost all dudes on R5 in heists.

There are 2 dudes bugged in heists, giana and some other guy, dont remember his name. Can be unbugged but it's annoying.
    No issues with others.

Some people are reporting they have issues with map sustain, again, foreign problem for me, I bought maybe 5 maps in total in road from A0-A8.

Maps are still way way way way way more profitable than heists. Next patch won't fix that. Grand heists last rewards are kinda garbo.

Best way to do heists is unironically don't fill alert bar and just leave as contracts and blueprints are worthless so this would be fastest and safest way to do them.
    Just level up rogues to max, equip them with max alert level reduction gear and open up as much as you can then leave quickly and repeat.

Unless you have tank build that can handle mobs, bombs traps etc. Then just open up everything on the path like madman.

Don't reveal wings in grand heists, not worth it. BP is like 5c. Its literally better to run 3/4 grand heists than pay for reveal.
    Reveal is around 2-3k coins = 5c

Maybe after patch it will be worth to do so. But since last reward is like 1k = 1c i kinda doubt it's worth it.

So lets recap math here:
    Currently heist target gives you ~1k coins and that is 1c, you might as well open up that two extra small chests and buy coins for chaos.

Best things to go for are MAPS (these are worth most out of all), div cards, currency, delirium, fossils and small chests.

You might consider map fragments as they can drop better fragments, gems can drop 20 qual or 20 level gems which is kinda nice (2c each) but nothing fancy,
    breach can drop breachstones but I've been getting just the shit ones.
    Essences are not that bad if you get useful high tier (5-25c).

Abyss is probably waste of time.
    Harbringer/legion/trinkets are meh - tho they can drop some bomb but it's highly unlikely.

Prophecy/weapons/armor/uniques/talismans are complete garbo.

Protips:
    If you get valuable loot mid way heist, just leave to lobby and get back in, your loot will become yours.
    Smaller chests are usually better value than big ones if you don't have karst.
    If you get garbo trinkets from grand heists, just pick 6 chaos instead, market has been flooded with mediocre trinkets so its just better to buy good one than to use garbo trink.
    Unusual gems grand heist almost always pick regrading lens. Unless you get Anomalous CWDT.