Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

That is true, it is probably better to stay quiet and get as little backlash as possible.
    Yeah what i was trying to say is there will be hate and drama either way, but in some situations, the less the community knows, the better. If the gaming community in general was a mature and responsible community, they could speak more openly, like with an adult. Sadly, the gaming community is more akin to an angsty 14yo with an earing and a rancid t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    even if it was ready, i doubt blizzard would release on a week starting with timewalking dungeons, these are a way to level a player final 10 levels. get gear and buy gear from vendor that would circumvent alot of SL start up

like right now if you have a 117+ player, its a way to go to 120, and get decent gear scaled to a fresh 120.
    Timewalking wouldn't cause issues. In Shadowlands Timewalking is level 50+ as that was added into the beta bout 3-4 weeks ago.

I think Blizzard is having a ton of other internal issues right now. I wouldnt be surprised if SL gets bumped till Dec or Jan
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    10/13 pre-expansion patch
    11/9 Shadowlands

Flame on.
    Given that Blizzard has already committed to a 10/27 Shadowlands launch, I think 10/6 and 10/27 are the most likely candidates, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    1 - You are likely right that they'll try to ensure the merger is complete prior.
    2 - Character transfers are irrelevant, you can just do it after. No reason this would have any bearing on a patch.

That said, 6th will still happen.
    Not being able to transfer led me to do some research and find out they do not allow transfers before or right after mergers, you have to dig to find that info however. Then once I was escalated to the real GM that doesn't give predefined answers said they have to make sure the servers are stable and could be a while before I can transfer now and to keep trying. So they indirectly said it would be longer than normal which is suspect but obviously not concrete.

Yeah I've heard people are getting their characters rolled back etc. I don't think it has anything to do with the prepatch release though.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I think Blizzard is having a ton of other internal issues right now. I wouldnt be surprised if SL gets bumped till Dec or Jan
    I don't think there will be a Shadowlands delay, mostly because Activision Execs have moved in to all of the financial leadership positions at Blizzard (see: Mike Morhaime's Dreamhaven launch letter, describing why he left Blizzard to begin with). However, anyone that reads Jason Schreier or the Kotaku newsleaks knows that Blizzard is a bit of a mess right now, and there is total talent flight going on - including most of the artists, writers, and musicians behind BFA and Shadowlands (see, again, the Dreamhaven employees listing - some very recent and fresh Blizzard faces there).

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah I've heard people are getting their characters rolled back etc. I don't think it has anything to do with the prepatch release though.
    We will see, if they announce the date after they announce the successful connections of those servers we will know I was correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
    I don't think there will be a Shadowlands delay, mostly because Activision Execs have moved in to all of the financial leadership positions at Blizzard (see: Mike Morhaime's Dreamhaven launch letter, describing why he left Blizzard to begin with). However, anyone that reads Jason Schreier or the Kotaku newsleaks knows that Blizzard is a bit of a mess right now, and there is total talent flight going on - including most of the artists, writers, and musicians behind BFA and Shadowlands (see, again, the Dreamhaven employees listing - some very recent and fresh Blizzard faces there).
    Good, maybe WoW will tank and Mike will buy it back and make it better lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Blizztards coders omegalol
    More like, omegalol at people who buy into random conspiracy bullshit from random forum people.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Timewalking wouldn't cause issues. In Shadowlands Timewalking is level 50+ as that was added into the beta bout 3-4 weeks ago.
    What? Who had that ingenious idea? Half the people I met timewalking were not max level and taking advantage of the shorter queue times relative to the dungeons in their level range. Now half the player that use timewalking are excluded and alts have to hope that there are enough players playing their timeline to get into a dungeon?

I mean, I get it. You can't really go back in time if the dungeon you're doing would be still relevant for you. Still though, they could at least merge the timewalking queue with the regular dungeon queues for that timeline to increase the amount of people partizipating...

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sounds believable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    More like, omegalol at people who buy into random conspiracy bullshit from random forum people.
    It's not a random conspiracy, it's a blue post saying as much (problems with the servers)

maybe inform yourself first, before you shitpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I honestly don’t even think it’s just the server merges it could be a host of other things as well. Christ they are still in the early to mid beta stage in terms of things that need tuned.

They just recently revamped the shadow priest again and that hasn’t even barely been tested yet and the expansion is in a month. If they pushed out prepatch and something on them is broken we are all going to know it before we buy the expansion.
    prepatch doesnt stop beta from continuing and tuning to keep happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    10/13 pre-expansion patch
    11/9 Shadowlands

Flame on.
    feel free to keep tossing out dates. eventually someone will be right

ill just wait and see what they say when they decide to say something. o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    we know. from every other post you have made about it.

- - - Updated - - -

random forum posters are certainly experts in coding and game design. duh

It is the only thing that makes sense as they push patches out all at once and if one server is in that bad of a shape they just cannot do it.
    Another reason is they are behind schedule and PTR is still riddled with bugs and unfinished bits.

It is an educated guess that is very likely close to the correct one. One sever being fucked is going to stop them from implementing pre-patch plain and simple. It would be an insanely high risk for them to push the patch live globally when 4 servers could be effected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Another reason is they are behind schedule and PTR is still riddled with bugs and unfinished bits.
    That is a definite possibility too.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    prepatch doesnt stop beta from continuing and tuning to keep happening.

- - - Updated - - -

feel free to keep tossing out dates. eventually someone will be right

ill just wait and see what they say when they decide to say something. o
    Never said it did, but there is still a lot of kinks to be hashed out that is currently being changed on the beta that will effect the pre-patch. Hence the talent changes I explained.

The level squish and the item squish still isn't all tested fully on the beta and if something is broke on the beta that is related to a system and not content (for example a talent or a level squish glitch) then it is going to be broken on the pre-patch.

Some people are raid testing right now and found out that using tbc gear is apparently better in some cases than current gear. So if this type of gameplay gets pushed out with the pre-patch people can just steam roll through content or abuse pvp with this knowledge. (Not that I personally think it matters too much because bfa is broken anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Never said it did, but there is still a lot of kinks to be hashed out that is currently being changed on the beta that will effect the pre-patch. Hence the talent changes I explained.

The level squish and the item squish still isn't all tested fully on the beta and if something is broke on the beta that is related to a system and not content (for example a talent or a level squish glitch) then it is going to be broken on the pre-patch.

Some people are raid testing right now and found out that using tbc gear is apparently better in some cases than current gear. So if this type of gameplay gets pushed out with the pre-patch people can just steam roll through content or abuse pvp with this knowledge. (Not that I personally think it matters too much because bfa is broken anyway)
    It could be the perfect storm of bad things that is happening too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
    Yep there is a shit storm going on at Blizzard. Then again you have issues with the heat wave, the fires, Electrical power outages, Covid19 an dit being 2020
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Keep in mind that internal test builds are usually several weeks ahead of what they've got available for public testing.

It is the only thing that makes sense
    That in no way confirms your speculation as correct. The lack of different explanations does not make yours any more likely to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    What? Who had that ingenious idea? Half the people I met timewalking were not max level and taking advantage of the shorter queue times relative to the dungeons in their level range. Now half the player that use timewalking are excluded and alts have to hope that there are enough players playing their timeline to get into a dungeon?

I mean, I get it. You can't really go back in time if the dungeon you're doing would be still relevant for you. Still though, they could at least merge the timewalking queue with the regular dungeon queues for that timeline to increase the amount of people partizipating...
    Likely due to balancing issues. Even now it was terribly balanced if you were lower level to where you struggled more than if you were in the max level area. This way they can balance it around conduits/covenants as everyone will have access to it. Currently they were tuned for Azerite and such so if you didn't have them you felt the difference. You can still level up 50-60 so they have so use in that department.

As for timeline queues I couldn't get it to work on Beta and always had the "BFA Dungeon one" and on one toon trying to talk to Chromie gave me nothing. Will probably try again after the wipe. Because I was hoping they didn't remove the Group Finder satchels (still needing some items).

I'd prefer it if they just had a "Chromie Timewalking" where you could be thrown into any expansions dungeon and you just select the satchel you want. Same could be done for 50-60 (after you hit max once) and it just syncs you to 50.