Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One major thing they need is real time tooltip updates to give you the current cooldown and damages based on what your current stats are, D3 had this a huge issue as you can have like 60% CD reduction or huge bonuses to said abilities but it does not reflect it on each of the abilities when you look at them. If WoW a damn near 20 year old game can do it I am sure Diablo 4 can too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Okay, looks like I missed the other posts then. Seems a bit unspectacular considering it's a brand new game and all.
    It's probably not going to be out until like 2023 or something like that. It seems suuuuuuper early in development. But hey, only Blizzard really knows.

It sounds promising about the endgame systems but unfortunately Blizzard thinks "frustrating = hard" so expect 300bn health point bosses that have 4 immunities and thorns that return 9000% dmg to player. They will, of course, also teleport around and CC the player since we all know Blizzard loves it when players lose control of their character.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    It sounds promising about the endgame systems but unfortunately Blizzard thinks "frustrating = hard" so expect 300bn health point bosses that have 4 immunities and thorns that return 9000% dmg to player. They will, of course, also teleport around and CC the player since we all know Blizzard loves it when players lose control of their character.
    Sounds like you are just bad at the endgame, and shouldn't go into it.

These news seems fantastic. Really learned a lot from their D3 mistakes and obviously PoE.

Glad they showed some Lightning focused Scorcerer talents cuz that's exactly what I love playing in RPGs.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2020-09-29 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    "So what did you get done the last three month?"

"We changed our planning about our plans, also the Plans are not final...
    and we are exploring other plans!
    Also we worked on something we can't show yet.. or even next time.
    But here are some fancy screenshots of our attempt to create a skilltree." (ok, tb fair i like this one)

*sigh* Dreamhaven.. help
    Whats wrong with guys like u?

Blizzard rushing Games = blizzard bad, make good games
    Blizzard trying different stuff, changing plans, have new ideas, so it take some time to build them up or present us the current state of it = blizzard bad, they cant make good games anymore

I mean back when blizzard was "good" they said "hey we are making game xy" and then you have to wait Months/Years for just a drip of any sort of informations.

Im sick of guys like you, just crying around, nomatter what they are doing.

Nobody needs this 1/4 Year blog update, they should just post a blog when they have something to say/show, no matter if it took 6,12 or 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    I am pretty sure there is endgame in varying difficulties. Nobody forces you to play 120+ GRs in D3, just play the simpler parts. That way you and more hardcore gamers can be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Sounds like you are just bad at the endgame, and shouldn't go into it.
    But endgame should also be for bad players, since this is where most of the replayability lies. So no he should go into it, and it there should be endgame for him, but also endgame for more skilled players. Additionally, his comment aims at the tediousness of hard content, like e.g., GR fishing, and then getting a decent GR, and then also the right pylons and then you get a boss you can't beat. The "difficult" part of the game could do very well without that imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    dead game.
    Really? I heard nothing about an abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol I like how they took the term "skill tree" literally xD
    Literally literal.

-Robin Scherbatsky

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    One major thing they need is real time tooltip updates to give you the current cooldown and damages based on what your current stats are, D3 had this a huge issue as you can have like 60% CD reduction or huge bonuses to said abilities but it does not reflect it on each of the abilities when you look at them. If WoW a damn near 20 year old game can do it I am sure Diablo 4 can too lol.
    This is so true. It is really hard to estimate which stuff is better, without going outside of the game. And from an immersion PoV the DPS stat in D3 is just horrible. Just tell me how much dmg skill x does, and i can equip items and check if they are better or worse.

"If we imagine every single node on that massive Skill Tree"

they're trolling, right? in what world is that tree massive? its small..

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post

Massive in terms of customization impact. Just like the classic wow tree was bigger but offered less impact on gameplay than the current one.

Liking what I'm seeing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Massive in terms of customization impact. Just like the classic wow tree was bigger but offered less impact on gameplay than the current one.
    its not massive in any way shape or form.. and classic wow tree wasn't massive either

10+ Year Old Account
    All the people shit talking Blizz will change their tune REALLY quick when Diablo IV turns out to be a massive hit and a great RPG.

Mark my words. This game is Way too high profile for them to screw this up.

And people complaining about a game tha they did not play and is not even properly on alpha is just sad. Mainly when the complains are "Lol dead game"

"LoL they changed their plans about their planning"
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The skill tree image has me a bit excited to see how they work this. Assuming points are relatively easy to refund, I think it'll be a nice change. I sort of miss that sense of progression in D3 with skills.

It's a bit subjective as to whether it qualifies as "massive," but I'm counting 87 nodes on that tree. Compared to D2's 10 per tree, three per class, that's a large increase. Classic WoW has ~46 nodes between a class's three trees. Something like PoE or FFX's grids blow it out of the water, obviously. It's significantly larger than trees in Blizzard's other games, so I'm guessing that's where the "massive" comes from.

its not massive in any way shape or form.. and classic wow tree wasn't massive either
    Ahhh, the typical mmo champ comment. I was speaking relatively. Id rather have 50 nodes, where each actually impacts how my skills work, rather than the PoE tree which has 1k nodes of which 95% are purely increases in dmg and hp or give me stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How can a game that isn't out be dead?
    Stillborn

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Stillborn
    I'd hate to have that kind of negative outlook.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Ahhh, the typical mmo champ comment. I was speaking relatively. Id rather have 50 nodes, where each actually impacts how my skills work, rather than the PoE tree which has 1k nodes of which 95% are purely increases in dmg and hp or give me stats.
    Never understood the appeal in those trees, same with FFX's nodes... it's mostly just fluff and a pain to navigate to reach abilities and nodes that are actually worth your time.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    The skill changes sound positive and appealing, but I'm really hoping they get a better UI than that literal tree with shit scattered along branches. It seems very easy to lose track of where you are / miss one when mousing over all those tooltips because of the loose organisation format, or prone to annoyance later when you're trying to quickly find the thing you want. It certainly looks neat but also very inefficient to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Never understood the appeal in those trees, same with FFX's nodes... it's mostly just fluff and a pain to navigate to reach abilities and nodes that are actually worth your time.
    Appeals to the elitist ARPG players. They think understanding how to navigate a million nodes is an aid to distuingish between them and casuals. Plus to them it creates an idea of diversity even though 90% of them are dogshit.

As a Horde player I'm glad to see the burning of Teldrassil was needed in order to make a skill tree out of it for D4.