Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Well, this is alwasy the same.

pve player ares forced to play pvp since some time but pvp player are forced to player pve since like ALWAYS.
    I dont think FORCED means what you think it means. They choose to - its absolutely, 100% a pure choice of the player.

The effects from the pvp vendors all seem to be utility and doesn't increase healing/damage which the others do. In fact, it seems that the effects from pve content are more useful in pvp than the other way around tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I don't play. I haven't played since 8.1.
    Ah, I see that my theory is accurate that all of these people who post pointless bitching threads don't even play the game anymore.

Also, you don't know what the word "Forced" means. There are plenty of good dictionary sites out there if you're confused.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-09-28 at 08:41 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFu...ature=youtu.be
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/legen...the-runecarver

A Memory of Sephuz's Proclamation Sephuz's Proclamation PvP Honor Vendor

Some come from PvP, going to assume conquest vendor will have some too.

How excited are you to be forced into PvP again for essences - I mean legendaries?
    cry more. until you realize there is another way to obtain them. but you enjoy crying so much this probably won't stop you.

I don't play. I haven't played since 8.1. 9.0 is looking like "Don't play" too.

"Don't play" isn't a good solution btw.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. You yourself admited you were toxic and whiny. We don't want you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Having something like essence/orange craftable gear from pve/pvp isn't bad design.

Bad design is where best way to gear up for pve is to spam pvp because its a lot faster (and vice versa).
    yeah, if something like that happened, with m+ for example, they would probably reduce the amount of drops and their ilvl.

wouldnt that be weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFu...ature=youtu.be
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/legen...the-runecarver

A Memory of Sephuz's Proclamation Sephuz's Proclamation PvP Honor Vendor

Some come from PvP, going to assume conquest vendor will have some too.

How excited are you to be forced into PvP again for essences - I mean legendaries?
    Having looked through them all that are available through PvP, none of them really stand out for PvE, except maybe a couple for high key mythics in niche situations, but all probably have a better throughput alternative. They're mostly highly utilitarian.

Who would have thought that players will start to feel themselves pressured to do things they don't like in the everlasting pointless endeavor of reaching "optimum"
    Absolutely shocking!

Improve yourself by playing better, not by using the shortcut of cheesing everything with a cookie cutter build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "Forced to do this and that" is a falsehood. It doesn't actually mean what people imply when they use it.

Being compelled to do everything because you have completion anxiety, OCD, ADHD, you're a workaholic, you're a god gamer, whatever you wanna put, isn't actually you being forced......dotdotdot.

It does mean what people imply, there's no point to strawman it, would you tell someone to starve because nothing is forcing them to eat? Technically you can play like a scrub and forever be behind your peers yes , like gearing through pvp only, a design clearly intended for masochists. You could, technically, never do a daily or weekly and obtain your borrowed power, you would be useless as shit. Its as close to forced as it can be.

Btw this thread is wrong and its the complete opposite, pvpers have been forced to pve since day 1.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-09-28 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    being optimal since the beginning of time in any game has led to some negative experiences. ppl doing multiple types of content is good for players

glad to see it
    Why do you think that? I don't enjoy PvP personally. Tried to do it for conflict and strife, and couldn't get into it. Not for me. This directly impacts my ability to progress in PvE, which I do enjoy. I'm not a fan of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You're being "forced" to do basic level content.

PvPers are forced to raid mythic for trinkets or buy carries.

Shut the fuck up you whining baby.
    This is a pve game, pvp is a tiny optional part of it. You don't play wow for pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    You might have had a point if those effects were even good for PvE. But they are not. So you don't. If this feeling of "have to" is based on you wanting them all for the sake of having them, then just deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This is a pve game, pvp is a tiny optional part of it. You don't play wow for pvp
    Sorry, you don't get to dictate how people play this or any other game. Should be obvious, but apparently it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Gosh, fells like WOW is raping people, cause they are FORCED into doing things.
    Get a grip, get a life, get over it.

Oh my god, what will people do in a boss fight when they don't do 10% more damage against frozen enemies (which most bosses can't be) or Chainheal/lighting making the other instant...
    Barely any of the effect could even see any real uses over the "proper" PvE legendaries, as they're usually about CC or other utilities you don't have in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You might have had a point if those effects were even good for PvE. But they are not. So you don't. If this feeling of "have to" is based on you wanting them all for the sake of having them, then just deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, you don't get to dictate how people play this or any other game. Should be obvious, but apparently it isn't.
    No, i don't, and i didn't either, but blizzard does since its their game and they made a pve game where pvp was a afterthought. Why is pvpers forced to do every single raid tier for trinkets etc ? because its a pvp game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's one game. It's perfectly fine there are some overlaps between different content that incentivizes players to take part in everything
    I see Ion successfully brainwashed people. It's not perfectly fine at all. if you're a pvper, doing pvp should give you the absolute best gear for PvP, likewise if you're a raider, or M+(yes, M+ gear should be the best for M+). There should be nearly zero overlap, and if there is, they should be unintentional and not intentionally designed that way because "everyone should have to do all content!!" that Ion likes to say.

He only thinks the game was always like that due to MISTAKES happening to cause that, not intentional decisions made by the devs back in vanilla-wotlk. PvP armor, weapons, etc were intended to be the best for PvP, PvE the best for PvE, but they made mistakes and had overlaps by ACCIDENT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Good people who excel at multiple forms of content should be at the top of the game. This is exactly what blizzard is aiming to achieve.
    And this idea is flat out stupid, as many people have said in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why do you think that? I don't enjoy PvP personally. Tried to do it for conflict and strife, and couldn't get into it. Not for me. This directly impacts my ability to progress in PvE, which I do enjoy. I'm not a fan of that.
    I feel this way for numerous reasons. When I look at WoW, it is a MMORPG. This means a couple things for me. I think creating as many situations for it to be a massive multiplayer online role playing game is important.

First off this means I think creating as many situations where forcing people to have to go out of their comfort zone to meet new people is something that is valuable. IE : raiders, M+, PvPers + questers interacting at some point. This can be accomplished by making something like Conflict & Strife from PvP, or a PVE only trinket something that multiple types of people have to strive to go obtain. At the end of the day, being PERFECTLY optimal doesn’t matter. People were clearly mythic nzoth as early as I think feb/march? Way before people were even close to being optimal. (this reason is purely social/MMO game).

Another reason is that I think in order to continue a progressive game, it is important to not allow echo chambers to be too predominant. If you have Raiders + PvPers + M+ only talking and interacting with each other, you get very single-minded ideas and it either becomes stale or becomes regressive imo. A lot of the youtubers I browse around all say the game felt the best when PVPers and PVErs had to interact for things and it made the game feel more fresh.

My 3rd reason is that this game is an RPG. If I saw a warrior in an inn, I would want someone who is more well rounded in all contents to be on my team. It would mean they are more adapt for all situations, can think on the fly a lot better. As a a result I think their power levels would be higher or more optimal for more situations.

So because this is an MMORPG, these are my reasons. I feel as many people should have to interact with each other as possible, especially if we are talking PEAK performance. More pieces of content someone is adapt to, they should have a stronger power level because it just makes sense. By all means if you want to be slightly less optimal, feel free to tunnel into one content. Honestly, this thinking has been existent since forever. Looking back at tbc/wotlk/cata etc, PVPers have had to dwell into raid to be perfectly optimal. They can get super geared and be well off but to get that EDGE over other people, they had to do things they really didn’t want to do. It just makes sense to me for people to have to do mythic raid & high rated arenas & super high M+ to be perfectly optimal.

I see Ion successfully brainwashed people. It's not perfectly fine at all. if you're a pvper, doing pvp should give you the absolute best gear for PvP, likewise if you're a raider, or M+(yes, M+ gear should be the best for M+). There should be nearly zero overlap, and if there is, they should be unintentional and not intentionally designed that way because "everyone should have to do all content!!" that Ion likes to say.

He only thinks the game was always like that due to MISTAKES happening to cause that, not intentional decisions made by the devs back in vanilla-wotlk. PvP armor, weapons, etc were intended to be the best for PvP, PvE the best for PvE, but they made mistakes and had overlaps by ACCIDENT.

- - - Updated - - -

And this idea is flat out stupid, as many people have said in the past.
    Subjective, from my point of view your idea is stupid. Alot of people can be wrong together that is how democrazy works.

"PvErs will once again be forced into PvP" ......... eeeeeh noup!

Quote Originally Posted by Becket View Post
    "PvErs will once again be forced into PvP" ......... eeeeeh noup!
    But those really strong legendaries

Like the one that lets you have an extra roll