Fandral’s Flamescythe

the fiery Cat Form from Fandral’s Flamescythe if you have collected the weapon from Firelands on Normal, Heroic, or Timewalking difficulties

Do you need the actual weapon on the druid or is the appearance collected enough?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

7+ Year Old Account
    I am wondering this myself.

Not sure either but I went and got it again just to be sure...

(guessing) What with alts being a thing, I think in the collection is enough. Otherwise I would have to gather the actual weapon on all four Druids which is just a bore. I have had the toy since forever ago, so I am not overly concerned about myself, since I would just pop that if I can’t hair-dresser/mog it.

IIRC it was tied to the item itself being equipped , should be part of the customization options in shadowlands though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    the fiery Cat Form from Fandral’s Flamescythe if you have collected the weapon from Firelands on Normal, Heroic, or Timewalking difficulties

Do you need the actual weapon on the druid or is the appearance collected enough?
    Just the appearance. I vendored the weapon ages ago and still have the option to mog firekitty on the beta/PTR.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post

Sold the staff ages ago, got the firecat skin in the barbershop in Beta.

There is a toy called Fandral's Seed Pouch that gives druids fire kitty form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    That's kind of irrelevant at this point if you can just change to that appearance in the barber shop.

On topic, I unblocked the appearance with another class and my Druid can still choose the fire cat form in the barber shop.

afaik, Once you have looted the weapon and most like equip it you gain access to the form on the barber. Cant be 100% sure if the beta / ptr just gives you it tho have to wait till prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    That doesn't count for the barbershop, though. You have to have gotten the weapon on some class that can use staves.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    That's kind of irrelevant at this point if you can just change to that appearance in the barber shop.

On topic, I unblocked the appearance with another class and my Druid can still choose the fire cat form in the barber shop.
    can confirm this (my shaman had the staff appearance unlock) and my druid was able to use it(firecat form) once i copied my shaman over to the beta but not before

What's more important is this: Why haven't they updated the combat animations on this fiery Cat? They don't look like the updated animations found on ALL other Cat Form skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    What's more important is this: Why haven't they updated the combat animations on this fiery Cat? They don't look like the updated animations found on ALL other Cat Form skins.
    Firecat was a gimmick you could only use while wielding a weapon several expansions out of date, or temporarily with a very rare toy. Updating it had zero priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Firecat was a gimmick you could only use while wielding a weapon several expansions out of date, or temporarily with a very rare toy. Updating it had zero priority.
    That’s an interesting assessment at this point, because a LOT of players are going to get this skin. Previously, it demanded some dedicated farming to get it - now, you just need to get that weapon, which has a high drop rate when compared to the toy.

So it won’t be a gimmick anymore. Especially since Blizzard featured this skin in their promotion material for the cosmetic updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    That’s an interesting assessment at this point, because a LOT of players are going to get this skin. Previously, it demanded some dedicated farming to get it - now, you just need to get that weapon, which has a high drop rate when compared to the toy.

So it won’t be a gimmick anymore. Especially since Blizzard featured this skin in their promotion material for the cosmetic updates.
    Which is likely why it is written in the past tense.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is likely why it is written in the past tense.
    In other news, I have begun taking English lessons. I obviously need them.