Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    ???
    Discipline
    Effect #9 Apply Aura: Modifies Damage
    Mind Blast
    Value: -45% -> -19.1%

144% * 0.55 = 79.2% -> 97.92% * 0.809 = 79.2%

Math is hard.
    Careful my guy, we're trying to hate Blizzard here. We don't need inconvenient things like "math" to get in the way of our never-ending hatred of the developers even attempting to balance a spec.

(Especially if the spec is overperforming... because let's be real, no spec ever actually overperforms, it just has a chance to be "meta" for once.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was going to main shadow. Maybe i'll do it anyways, but no more nerfs plz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Careful my guy, we're trying to hate Blizzard here. We don't need inconvenient things like "math" to get in the way of our never-ending hatred of the developers even attempting to balance a spec.

(Especially if the spec is overperforming... because let's be real, no spec ever actually overperforms, it just has a chance to be "meta" for once.)
    Well, there are plenty of legitimate things to complain about in the beta, but this ain't it. I expect shadow to get actual nerfs after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was going to main shadow. Maybe i'll do it anyways, but no more nerfs plz!!!
    There are no nerfs for fuck sake.

Hah, Release candidate is back. Wondering what the doomsayers will bitch about now.

hmm... so they changed the hidden scaler to removing reduction on damage and periodic damage. so effectively what happened is that we've recieved... a tooltip nerf and apparitions nerf, but that wasn't proccing reliably in beta so far anyways. And we scale worse to gear later in the expansion. Won't really be noticeable right now and it leaves blizzard room to hit us with the "surprise" nerfs to the practically underpowered specc on patch day, raid release day and after the top guilds have cleared it on hardest difficulty. Cause why would this expansion be any different to all the others. Yeah I'm not happy about what I'm seeing on the healing side though. I liked beta so far seeing as healers are more supports than straight healers. Able to pull the same or almost the same as a dps in some situations. and healer speccs for priest were by far the worse off at that...
    Last edited by Snotset; 2020-09-30 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    What, spec that looks fun & is actually competing for once? Cant have that.
    Shadow has been top 5 every tier of the expansion and top 3 for half it.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Shadow has been top 5 every tier of the expansion and top 3 for half it.
    yeah. for the 1-2 weeks before they recieving a new nerf that put them dead bottom again. I'm not saying shadow is or will be unplayable. But we shine whenever everyone else is doing poor. unfortunately due to how blizzard's unability to design a class with a single target dumper (that's actually worth using) and not introducing environmental effects that is reflected in nerfs on the specc, shadow have historically had (and badly timed in content) and will have more hassle than it deserves.

Also thinking more about it we have really not been in the top half of any tier except for maybe firelands, and... well emerald nightmare due to the misuse of STM in the top raidgroups. Guess how blizzard nerfed that one ability. By not touching it at all! And I'm not gonna count in single bosses in any content where we topped due to no other reason than we were the only ones who could hit more than 1 target at a time. crucible of storms as something recent comes to mind. That's not a top tier dps but a poor design choice. And even then two warlock speccs was still above us. guess which of the 3 was the only one to be nerfed
    Last edited by Snotset; 2020-09-30 at 03:54 AM.

Am I the only one that thinks rogue needs a nerf? It has the strongest survivability like cloak cheat death and the most powerful utility toolkit like stun blind shroud, but it is also the top of dps meter and now it's receiving a huge buff for shadowstrike??

Quote Originally Posted by frostmoon View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks rogue needs a nerf? It has the strongest survivability like cloak cheat death and the most powerful utility toolkit like stun blind shroud, but it is also the top of dps meter and now it's receiving a huge buff for shadowstrike??
    I've only seen one rogue in beta so far and he was, in lack of a better description, dogshit. On that note you're onto something about classes with high utility also tends to be real top tier dps or healers. Whenever developers post it in their notes they talk it as if one thing is supposed to offset the other.

Is it a buff tho? I'm so confused rn

there is this guy up here repeatedly proving shadow is not nerfed but buffed with PROVEN MATHS but people keep crying. ffs

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Maybe Blizzard should go back to a "when it's ready" philosophy because this expansion is looking like a massive train wreck on top of the already massive train wreck the game currently is.

Have you seen how bad the leveling for alts is going to be? They have created then scrapped so much now it feels all weird and broken with the threads of fate stuff.
    More worried about how covenants is going to play out when live. I play all speccs actively. More so on alts than on main. If they're only going to allow for a measly weekly swap it's going to end up with either a one fits all scenario or choice matters but you kill specc diversity. It'd be the first expansion they effectively force players into given speccs... Either way they kill choice which is the whole thing they're promoting right now. Not to mention I could really do without every single one of the fixed covenant traits. They bring nothing to game as they are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    there is this guy up here repeatedly proving shadow is not nerfed but buffed with PROVEN MATHS but people keep crying. ffs
    He kinda seems to be pulling that math out of his ass though. Idk I didn't read every line on the patch notes.

He kinda seems to be pulling that math out of his ass though. Idk I didn't read every line on the patch notes.
    Well. "his" numbers are correct based on what he's drawing from in the notes. But you shall know there is more to it than what notes are saying. Notes mention ONLY how well abilities scale on spellpower. which after converting intelligence to spellpower, factoring in secondary stats, the aura and fixed damage on every spell, it will still be such a small change that you're not going to notice a difference. Later on intelligence will become less important and upgrading gear gives less of an impact compared to pre-change. As long as blizzard does a good job with it forward it won't matter.
    Last edited by Snotset; 2020-09-30 at 06:45 AM.

Uh no

Shadow Priest >>>>>Decreases damage/healing by 32%: Devouring Plague, Divine Star, Halo, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear, Penance, Searing Nightmare, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Surrender to Madness, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch, Void Eruption, Void Torrent Decreases periodic damage/healing by 32%: Devouring Plague, Divine Star, Halo, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear, Penance, Searing Nightmare, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Surrender to Madness, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch, Void Eruption, Void Torrent<<<<<<

Was changed to

>>>Increases periodic damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 15%: Shadow Mend Priest - Shadow Spec. Priest - Shadow Spec.<<<

This means the direct damage skills damage was buffed by 32%

And dots were buffed by 52%

So the damage of the direct damages were nerfed to stay the same while dots got a slight buff

You are saying he is pulling numbers lou of his ass and then in the next sentence say you didnt read every line. Listen to yourself do you not realise how aburrd that is.? These arenot nerfs they are changing the back end aura for sp and have to change the spell cooefficients to compensate otherwise shadows damage would go up immensly. The back end aura is a way to easily adjust dmg across the board and they are resetting it, if you dont know what you are talking about you probably shouldnt be talking at all. Alot of people fail to realise this simple truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frostmoon View Post
    How much of that utility works in raid? Thats right 0 cant stun, cant blind, shroud does nothing during a raid, cheat death is not used dont be an idiot.

Cloak is rhe only utility a rogue Has in Raids and alot of Sl bosses ignore cloak completely so your argument is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    You are saying he is pulling numbers lou of his ass and then in the next sentence say you didnt read every line. Listen to yourself do you not realise how aburrd that is.? These arenot nerfs they are changing the back end aura for sp and have to change the spell cooefficients to compensate otherwise shadows damage would go up immensly. The back end aura is a way to easily adjust dmg across the board and they are resetting it, if you dont know what you are talking about you probably shouldnt be talking at all. Alot of people fail to realise this simple truth.

- - - Updated - - -

How much of that utility works in raid? Thats right 0 cant stun, cant blind, shroud does nothing during a raid, cheat death is not used dont be an idiot.

Cloak is rhe only utility a rogue Has in Raids and alot of Sl bosses ignore cloak completely so your argument is just bad.
    Ummm why would you attack me saying my argument is bad without even knowing which part of game play I am referring to... I'm mostly talking about mythic+, but yeah rogue is among the top in raid and PVP rn too and I think other classes deserve buffs, especially melee classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    ngl, shadow section gave me a scare at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Uh no

Shadow Priest >>>>>Decreases damage/healing by 32%: Devouring Plague, Divine Star, Halo, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear, Penance, Searing Nightmare, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Surrender to Madness, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch, Void Eruption, Void Torrent Decreases periodic damage/healing by 32%: Devouring Plague, Divine Star, Halo, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear, Penance, Searing Nightmare, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Surrender to Madness, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch, Void Eruption, Void Torrent<<<<<<

Was changed to

>>>Increases periodic damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 15%: Shadow Mend Priest - Shadow Spec. Priest - Shadow Spec.<<<

This means the direct damage skills damage was buffed by 32%

And dots were buffed by 52%

So the damage of the direct damages were nerfed to stay the same while dots got a slight buff
    Oh, now I understand. Gotcha, I was confused with the whole red and green letters thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    You are saying he is pulling numbers lou of his ass and then in the next sentence say you didnt read every line. Listen to yourself do you not realise how aburrd that is.?
    Yeah that's the whole point of saying that. To admit that I'm possibly wrong because I didn't bother to read the thing and you should probably disregard anything I said.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2020-09-30 at 07:40 AM.

I think that, as usual, we should be more interested in mechanics than in numbers. Numbers can be easily fixed, mechanics cannot.