Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsdfvh View Post
    She was a major character from WCII era?? Yes she doesn't get that much screen time in modern WoW like other characters but still most of people who worship her had followed the game long before Warcraft 3 released. I'm an example for this.
    now I'm looking forward for Danath Trollbane's character arc and his coronation as the new king of Stromgarde, and Stromgarde's restoration
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    now I'm looking forward for Danath Trollbane's character arc and his coronation as the new king of Stromgarde, and Stromgarde's restoration
    All the WC2 veterans, who sacrificed so much to ensure the survival and security of ALL Alliance races, will definitely receive a lot of spotlight in the future. Turalyon serves as Regent of Stormwind and the Alliance, with Alleria by his side. They are already planning to restore some former Alliance holdings in Lordaeron, and I am sure that Trollbane cooperation will be greatly appreciated. After all, Stromgarde is the gateway to the north, and it is now in Alliance hands once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Following this quote from a recent interview, we can say that Void elves have been biologically altered at a cellular level by the Void, thus if they died they would not actually go to the Shadowlands with the other mortals, but to the Void. This phenomenon has been compared by Blizzard to the demons returning to the Nether upon dying, and as we all know the demons were not mortal creatures and actually looked down on mortals. The same thing applies to the Old Gods and their faceless minions.

So then is it fair to assume that the void elves have been elevated to the status of immortality? And by that I don't mean a fake immortality like the one the night elves had, which was basically just eternal youth (indeed death still sent them to the Shadowlands with the other mortal masses). By immortality, I mean the supreme immortality that the demons have, that the Old Gods have, that the naaru have, and that every other cosmic-based being has. This must be especially true for Alleria Windrunner, a special void elf who actually merged with the essence of a dark naaru, thus ascending to a higher form.

So then if the game were to reflect the lore more accurately, would my void elf character return to the Void upon dying, instead of going to the ghost version of Azeroth that every other race goes through?
    I don't think they actually cared to write it down, because this BS with "void" elves whose only purpose is to give Alliance Belfs. It is also very funny and similar to how they introduced varian and tried to write at least something for him to not look like nothing compared to Thrall the Green Jesus.

All the WC2 veterans, who sacrificed so much to ensure the survival and security of ALL Alliance races, will definitely receive a lot of spotlight in the future. Turalyon serves as Regent of Stormwind and the Alliance, with Alleria by his side. They are already planning to restore some former Alliance holdings in Lordaeron, and I am sure that Trollbane cooperation will be greatly appreciated. After all, Stromgarde is the gateway to the north, and it is now in Alliance hands once more.
    The only way anyone Alliance will get the spotlight is to highlight yet again how forgiving genocide is wise and compassionate, or for the coming "Good is Evil too!" crap. Otherwise, it's all fawning over Our Treasure's non-toxic masculinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Demon Hunters also go to the Nether, similiar to Illidan ^^
    Pretty sure only certain demon hunters gain that, since Illidan specifically calls you out when you are seen to possess it.

someone likes their purple goatee edgy boy.
    yes yes you very special.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Pretty sure only certain demon hunters gain that, since Illidan specifically calls you out when you are seen to possess it.
    Yee, with "demon hunters" I meant player characters ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The only way anyone Alliance will get the spotlight is to highlight yet again how forgiving genocide is wise and compassionate, or for the coming "Good is Evil too!" crap. Otherwise, it's all fawning over Our Treasure's non-toxic masculinity.
    I hope Alleria and Turalyon do not become villains, but now they rule over Stormwind (Turalyon does, but Alleria arguably has as much influence as him), which makes them influential characters nonetheless. Hopefully "influential character" doesn't mean "future raid boss" though. I refuse to believe that.

I hope Alleria and Turalyon do not become villains, but now they rule over Stormwind (Turalyon does, but Alleria arguably has as much influence as him), which makes them influential characters nonetheless. Hopefully "influential character" doesn't mean "future raid boss" though. I refuse to believe that.
    I don't think we'll see that either. When it comes to faction leaders, Blizz usually use them in a way they do not actually die:
    - Jaina escaped when defeated at the end of BoDA
    - Mekatorque ended up in state of near death, but we brought him back eventually
    - all Warfront leaders, Turalyon included, are not dead in Canon, despite us killing them million times already
    - Alleria and Thrall were used as bosses in N'Zoth's wet dreams, so while we had chance to fight them (and some others), it was not real and these encounters had no effect on these persons in our reality.

Rastakhan seem to be the only faction leader who was killed off in a raid, but I guess he was destinned to die for troll version of Disney princess to rise up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't that imply that their death results in a fate far crueler than a loss of life?

Void creatures have to be summoned to Azeroth or spawned, generally produced by the Oldgods that already resided within the planet. Without a powerhouse to do most of the heavy lifting, wouldn't VE's be trapped? We don't know if they can return to Azeroth as conveniently as Wildgods and demons who had constructs/realms for that purpose.

Additionally, any true void zone will lack the protection VEs need to maintain their sanity. They could immediately lose themselves, get torn apart by void lifeforms, or some other horrible fate. We couldn't even enter Ny'alotha without the proper items and corruption resistances. VEs still have to carve out spaces that lack Old God/Void Lord influence. Being sent to the homeworld of the very creatures that want to enslave them would be like Hell.

Thankfully I don't think this is what the quote implied, because it said "being of influence". Aka, the inhabitants of those realms return to them, not mortals imbued with a little spark. Paladins and DK's are ultimately still "mortal" and go to the Shadowlands, regardless of cosmic power. Demon hunters are an exception because they literally house demons inside their bodies. So when they (and their demons) are slain, they go back to the nether. Alleria would be the only VE capable of going to the void realm upon death because she absorbed such creatures while the rest are only tainted by them. Unless you're packing a naru, demon, void lord, etc inside your body you're probably dying like everyone else.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Doesn't that imply that their death results in a fate far crueler than a loss of life?

Void creatures have to be summoned to Azeroth or spawned, generally produced by the Oldgods that already resided within the planet. Without a powerhouse to do most of the heavy lifting, wouldn't VE's be trapped? We don't know if they can return to Azeroth as conveniently as Wildgods and demons who had constructs/realms for that purpose.

Additionally, any true void zone will lack the protection VEs need to maintain their sanity. They could immediately lose themselves, get torn apart by void lifeforms, or some other horrible fate. We couldn't even enter Ny'alotha without the proper items and corruption resistances. VEs still have to carve out spaces that lack Old God/Void Lord influence. Being sent to the homeworld of the very creatures that want to enslave them would be like Hell.

Thankfully I don't think this is what the quote implied, because it said "being of influence". Aka, the inhabitants of those realms return to them, not mortals imbued with a little spark. Paladins and DK's are ultimately still "mortal" and go to the Shadowlands, regardless of cosmic power. Demon hunters are an exception because they literally house demons inside their bodies. So when they (and their demons) are slain, they go back to the nether. Alleria would be the only VE capable of going to the void realm upon death because she absorbed such creatures while the rest are only tainted by them. Unless you're packing a naru, demon, void lord, etc inside your body you're probably dying like everyone else.
    But that's my question. Are Void elves still mortal? Kil'jaeden for example was no longer a mortal, he was an eredar so corrupted by the Fel that he became immortal and connected to the Nether (even if he wasn't created as a Fel-being and did not originate from the Nether), so would the same thing apply to Void elves? After all they were almost turned into void ethereals, who are beings of pure shadow connected to the Void. Being a Void elf isn't a class, it's a literal separate race, they are not Shadow priests but something far more Void-corrupted. The same rules of the Legion can be applied to Void beings as per that Blizzard interview, because they established a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I don't think we'll see that either. When it comes to faction leaders, Blizz usually use them in a way they do not actually die:
    - Jaina escaped when defeated at the end of BoDA
    - Mekatorque ended up in state of near death, but we brought him back eventually
    - all Warfront leaders, Turalyon included, are not dead in Canon, despite us killing them million times already
    - Alleria and Thrall were used as bosses in N'Zoth's wet dreams, so while we had chance to fight them (and some others), it was not real and these encounters had no effect on these persons in our reality.

Rastakhan seem to be the only faction leader who was killed off in a raid, but I guess he was destinned to die for troll version of Disney princess to rise up.
    Indeed, also even if Alleria became a raid boss, she would certainly find a way to avoid death. I mean, she can tear open rifts into reality and teleport wherever she wants, whenever she wants, so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid death. Jaina did it and her teleportation skills are far inferior to Alleria's.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-30 at 03:28 PM.

If I'm not mistaken, Old Gods and their faceless minions are parasites created by Void Lords with a purpose of finding titan worldsouls to corrupt and open path for Void Lords to materialize in our dimension. I guess anything in the realm of Void is kind of incorporeal, Void Lords themselves are described to lack any form.

I guess this Void realm is the place where whispers come from. I'd say there is little danger on physical level, but to dwell here, it would bear terrible price on your psyche.

I also don't think ren'dorei are that much affected for their souls to go there. Maybe we will find out soon enough.

5+ Year Old Account
    But that's my question. Are Void elves still mortal? Kil'jaeden for example was no longer a mortal, he was an eredar so corrupted by the Fel that he became immortal and connected to the Nether (even if he wasn't created as a Fel-being and did not originate from the Nether), so would the same thing apply to Void elves? After all they were almost turned into void ethereals, who are beings of pure shadow connected to the Void. Being a Void elf isn't a class, it's a literal separate race, they are not Shadow priests but something far more Void-corrupted. The same rules of the Legion can be applied to Void beings as per that Blizzard interview, because they established a comparison.
    I compared Void elves to classes, because their racial-cosmic relation is akin to cosmic classes who are similarly touched or imbued by a force but stay mortal. You could also look at Worgen or druids, who still go to the shadowlands upon death rather than resurrect like the wild gods imbuing/cursing them. Demon Hunters and lore characters are the only exceptions to this rule, because of the specifics of their situation. Warlocks can utilize fel and demons like any Void Elf to the point of corruption and mutation, but they are still mortal. Nightborn and Light Forged are also tainted by Arcane/Light, but they die like anyone else. It doesn't matter if a Void elf is purple or has tentacles, as long as they still have their mortal soul. Whatever happens to their flesh and mind matters little.

This would suggest: Void Elves are just as mortal as their BE counterparts, BUT have the potential to gain immortality through actions seen with Alleria. My concern would be if that's honestly worth it, because whatever they'd face in death may be worse than their enemies in life.

I compared Void elves to classes, because their racial-cosmic relation is akin to cosmic classes who are similarly touched or imbued by a force but stay mortal. You could also look at Worgen or druids, who still go to the shadowlands upon death rather than resurrect like the wild gods imbuing/cursing them. Demon Hunters and lore characters are the only exceptions to this rule, because of the specifics of their situation. Warlocks can utilize fel and demons like any Void Elf to the point of corruption and mutation, but they are still mortal. Nightborn and Light Forged are also tainted by Arcane/Light, but they die like anyone else. It doesn't matter if a Void elf is purple or has tentacles, as long as they still have their mortal soul. Whatever happens to their flesh and mind matters little.

This would suggest: Void Elves are just as mortal as their BE counterparts, BUT have the potential to gain immortality through actions seen with Alleria. My concern would be if that's honestly worth it, because whatever they'd face in death may be worse than their enemies in life.
    I can accept that the rule only applies to Alleria, and even said in the OP that, even if it's not clear if that rule applies to normal Void elves, it must certainly be true for Alleria, who merged with a dark naaru.

However don't you think this would be an interesting and unique take on whether the Void elves could reproduce or not? Being able to replenish your losses over time by using the Void would be an interesting development. It's no surprise that Void elves are in a similar position the Forsaken were in long ago, and might face the same reproductive issues in the future.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Old Gods and their faceless minions are parasites created by Void Lords with a purpose of finding titan worldsouls to corrupt and open path for Void Lords to materialize in our dimension. I guess anything in the realm of Void is kind of incorporeal, Void Lords themselves are described to lack any form.

I guess this Void realm is the place where whispers come from. I'd say there is little danger on physical level, but to dwell here, it would bear terrible price on your psyche.

I also don't think ren'dorei are that much affected for their souls to go there. Maybe we will find out soon enough.
    The problem is that we can't be sure. If Ny'alotha is anything to go off of, there could be life there. Void Lords still have minions and those minions' themes are those of flesh and madness. Ethereals are a mixed bag of allegiance and situations. There could be a hierarchy/division of void life similar to Shadowlands for all we know.

But for all we have seen of void corrupted realms and what happens to Azerothian life forms in contact with it, the Maw might be more merciful.

- - - Updated - - -

I can accept that the rule only applies to Alleria, and even said in the OP that, even if it's not clear if that rule applies to normal Void elves, it must certainly be true for Alleria, who merged with a dark naaru.
    Sorry I may have missed that then lol
    However don't you think this would be an interesting and unique take on whether the Void elves could reproduce or not? Being able to replenish your losses over time by using the Void would be an interesting development. It's no surprise that Void elves are in a similar position the Forsaken were in long ago, and might face the same reproductive issues in the future.
    I do think it's a real possibility that may ironically require Alleria to do something similar to Sylvanas: ascend and carve out a place in the void to bring power or "freedom" back to those on Azeroth (VEs in this case). It could even be part of the half-truths the whispers tell her. She could be a Queen of Darkness and Void, but one of liberty rather than subjugation. If she were to do that and VEs could revel in their power freely, then immortality would be the least of their potential.

The problem is that we can't be sure. If Ny'alotha is anything to go off of, there could be life there. Void Lords still have minions and those minions' themes are those of flesh and madness. Ethereals are a mixed bag of allegiance and situations. There could be a hierarchy/division of void life similar to Shadowlands for all we know.

But for all we have seen of void corrupted realms and what happens to Azerothian life forms in contact with it, the Maw might be more merciful.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I may have missed that then lol

I do think it's a real possibility that may ironically require Alleria to do something similar to Sylvanas: ascend and carve out a place in the void to bring power or "freedom" back to those on Azeroth (VEs in this case). It could even be part of the half-truths the whispers tell her. She could be a Queen of Darkness and Void, but one of liberty rather than subjugation. If she were to do that and VEs could revel in their power freely, then immortality would be the least of their potential.
    Well Blizzard said in the past that the Worgen would face a similar issue to the Forsaken, since Worgen's offsprings are humans and thus they are dying race who can't replenish their numbers, but that went nowhere. Maybe they could try to make a similar development for the Void elves instead, except that in this case replenishing numbers wouldn't equal to "start wars to raise more people", but "exploit the Void to grant your race immortality akin to the Legion".

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

No they didn’t fel elfs did though a different process.
    They are only a bit more fel.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Following this quote from a recent interview, we can say that Void elves have been biologically altered at a cellular level by the Void, thus if they died they would not actually go to the Shadowlands with the other mortals, but to the Void. This phenomenon has been compared by Blizzard to the demons returning to the Nether upon dying, and as we all know the demons were not mortal creatures and actually looked down on mortals. The same thing applies to the Old Gods and their faceless minions.

So then is it fair to assume that the void elves have been elevated to the status of immortality? And by that I don't mean a fake immortality like the one the night elves had, which was basically just eternal youth (indeed death still sent them to the Shadowlands with the other mortal masses). By immortality, I mean the supreme immortality that the demons have, that the Old Gods have, that the naaru have, and that every other cosmic-based being has. This must be especially true for Alleria Windrunner, a special void elf who actually merged with the essence of a dark naaru, thus ascending to a higher form.

So then if the game were to reflect the lore more accurately, would my void elf character return to the Void upon dying, instead of going to the ghost version of Azeroth that every other race goes through?
    WoW is built on DnD rules, DnD rules state that any creature that dies on a plane it does not originate from either goes back to that plane of existence or is completely destroyed depending on the circumstances.

Also Warcraft was born originally from a DnD campaign if people are curious.

In the case of Demons Sargeras created the engine of rebirth for them to give them a leg up over the other forces.

But for all we have seen of void corrupted realms and what happens to Azerothian life forms in contact with it, the Maw might be more merciful
    I always thought Nya'lotha is a corrupted reality which shows Azeroth being ultimately conquered by the Old Gods, making it actually something similar to Emerald Dream, but in a bad way. If it is some kind of pocket dimension for Old Gods and their minions, pure Void realm does not need to look alike. We also don't know if Void Lords are the only being living here, there may be some entities not that malevolent. Just think of Locus Walker. He is a creature of Void, but his behaviour is far from what we know from other Void beings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Serious question: what is it with you and this endless worship of a character who thus far has had all of 15 minutes of meaningful development in WoW? Is this some kind of weird forum RPing, or a legitimate obsession?
    Mental sicknesses are no joking matter, looms to me like a compulsive disorder of some kind.

Infracted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    WoW is built on DnD rules, DnD rules state that any creature that dies on a plane it does not originate from either goes back to that plane of existence or is completely destroyed depending on the circumstances.

Also Warcraft was born originally from a DnD campaign if people are curious.

In the case of Demons Sargeras created the engine of rebirth for them to give them a leg up over the other forces.
    Objectively wrong. Wow was built for games workshop for warhammer as they were in contact with blizz for a game, ultimately gw decided that it wasn't good enough. All blizz did was rebrand it.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-30 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn