Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did Spriest get nerfed?

Frontpage shows quite a bunch of dmg nerfs?

Where Spriest that ahead of everyone,,

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot77 View Post
    Frontpage shows quite a bunch of dmg nerfs?

Where Spriest that ahead of everyone,,
    They need to be nerfed... Too much damage compared to other classes...

no they didnt get nerfed they are exactly the same , seems only pvp'ers are having a sook but they arent looking at rogues mm hunters among others... typical pvp players i got killed by a x class its needs to be nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Vocifero View Post
    no they didnt get nerfed they are exactly the same , seems only pvp'ers are having a sook but they arent looking at rogues mm hunters among others... typical pvp players i got killed by a x class its needs to be nerfed
    How can u say that, when the fronpage says differently ?

omfg honestly... you people have no idea..... they nerfed by 32% but they changed Effect #1 Apply Aura: Modifies Damage/Healing Done from -32 to 0 so that offsets everything its nothing its just easier to balance so nothing changed

Do not forget this part, at all.

Old:
    Decreases damage/healing by 32%: Devouring Plague, Divine Star, Halo, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear, Penance, Searing Nightmare, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Surrender to Madness, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch, Void Eruption, Void Torrent Decreases periodic damage/healing by 32%: Devouring Plague, Divine Star, Halo, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear, Penance, Searing Nightmare, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Surrender to Madness, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch, Void Eruption, Void Torrent
    New:
    Increases periodic damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 15%: Shadow Mend Priest - Shadow Spec. Priest - Shadow Spec.

Jesus christ op... read the fucking changes before you start bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Raia View Post
    But shadow was not nerfed.

Like others already said.
    The base damage of the abilities has been reduced but the -32% damage multiplier got removed
    Last edited by Wrathson; 2020-09-30 at 10:04 AM.

Shadow was buffed.

Now all the skills hit the same than before (only the apparitions were nerfed) except the dots:

Increases periodic damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 20%: Shadow Word: Pain, Unfurling Darkness, Vampiric Touch Increases damage/healing by 15%: Shadow Mend Priest - Shadow Spec. Priest - Shadow Spec.

3+ Year Old Account
    I say its a buff, honestly.

They changed the multiplier.

Also, new voidform. <3 We got an actual damage cooldown.

Also, in what world do they have too much damage compared to other classes?

I KNOW youre not talking about pve... and you really shouldnt be talking about pvp. Everything is dispel-able. If you kick a spriest it cant cast ANY damage ability for the duration of the lockout, due to only having one spell school. Also, theyre easily controlled and / or trained to stop damage.

Noone in their right mind is complaining about spriest pvp damage and form what i can tell, theyre not even on the radar in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Raia View Post
    lol
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-30 at 01:17 PM.

Imagine coming to the forums to cry about non-existent nerfs at the tuning stages of an expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's unchanged/about the same.

All classes have a hidden damage modifier across the board, it's a hidden aura that Blizzard uses when they need to simply buff a class by X%, rather than going through and buffing every skill by 5% they apply a blanket aura that increases your damage by 5%.

Shadow Priests current aura was -32% damage, this has been changed to +20% damage (on some skills), and the spell power scaling of skills has been lowered to compensate.

So the +52% damage Shadow Priests have gained in their 'aura' they've lost in the Spell Power of the skills.

It's unchanged/about the same (Less than 1-2% difference potentially due to roundings).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    It's unchanged/about the same.

All classes have a hidden damage modifier across the board, it's a hidden aura that Blizzard uses when they need to simply buff a class by X%, rather than going through and buffing every skill by 5% they apply a blanket aura that increases your damage by 5%.

Shadow Priests current aura was -32% damage, this has been changed to +20% damage (on some skills), and the spell power scaling of skills has been lowered to compensate.

So the +52% damage Shadow Priests have gained in their 'aura' they've lost in the Spell Power of the skills.

It's unchanged/about the same (Less than 1-2% difference potentially due to roundings).
    Yep! This!

It does however mean that they may not scale as well later into the expansion with more spellpower.

It looks like a flat change to all single target abilities and a slight buff to dots except devouring plague. I would have expected it to affect all dots.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    It looks like a flat change to all single target abilities and a slight buff to dots except devouring plague. I would have expected it to affect all dots.
    "Devouring Plague Afflicts the target with a disease that instantly causes [ 125% [ 85% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage plus an additional 0 [ 136% of Spell Power Shadow damage over 6 sec. Heals you for 50% of damage dealt. Can be cast in Shadowform. Priest - Shadow Spec. Priest - Shadow Spec. All Shadow Orbs. 40 yd range. Instant."

It looks like DP got a buff on the back end damage of the dot.

So its a direct / instant damage nerf but the dot appears to have been buffed. Hurts single target burst a bit, but shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I guess we will know they need to add it to the aura if DP becomes not worth casting. lol

I have to admit i'm watching spriest changes closely. Id love to have an expansion where shadow gets time to shine as some of the other classes have in the past couple expansions. The mechanical changes are awesome. It's finally fun to play. Hopefully it remains impactful and actually gets played.

Theyre still very susceptible to dispels though. I think dispelling VT needs a harsher penalty.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-30 at 01:48 PM.

Sp was not nerfed read the entire patch notes before you start a thread here. Stop spreading misinformation.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Beta.
    They aren't nerfed.
    They are being tuned/balanced.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    This is one thing that cracks me up pre-expansion. Many people get on beta before most class balancing, find an OP class/spec in beta (ex. spriest, mm hunter), and then they decide that's what they are maining next expansion. They'll even roll a new character and work hard leveling it up in anticipation of 1 shotting everyone. Then inevitably shortly before the expansion releases while the real balancing happens it gets nerfed to be closer to other classes and they complain. I say just play the class you enjoy rather than trying to chase whatever might be the op class of the day (especially during beta).

Can i just say to people ripping on/showing contempt to the OP.

Remember some people have trouble with numbers and understanding things like this. Its not always easy. I myself last night saw this and thought it was a nerf because i dont understand a lot of values and numbers due to autism. But because im so used to WOW and seeing this type of stuff, i waited for clarification from someone who knows more than me. Just because you understand it perfectly, doesnt mean others do.

Most have explained it fine, but seriously is there any need to openly rip/be a prat to him for misunderstanding? Does it make you feel smart or something? You're being arrogant jackwads because he asked a question. He didnt complain or ask it in a out of line manner. This is what forums are for. Asking questions and getting clarification.