Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Extra professions on the same char for real money

Here's an idea that this forum is not going to like, probably, but something I was thinking about: you can get extra professions available for 10$ each, or a bundle for all of them for like 50-60$. And maybe a deluxe option to have that enabled on all your chars for even more money.

Yea, yea, I know what's you're thinking. Subscription game, you can have alts with other professions etc. But for convenience sake, I might consider buying something like this. I want to play alts for the fun stuff, not for farming/making money. And it's not pay to win, as the small bonuses to player power from professions were removed like 3 expansions ago. The idea of always be available to gather that rare herb/ore, no matter what char you play on, is really cool to me. Same for having the toolkit to craft whatever you want on 1 (or every) character.

Yeah, but please no. Don't open that can of worms.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    Here's an idea that this forum is not going to like, probably, but something I was thinking about: you can get extra professions available for 10$ each, or a bundle for all of them for like 50-60$. And maybe a deluxe option to have that enabled on all your chars for even more money.

Yea, yea, I know what's you're thinking. Subscription game, you can have alts with other professions etc. But for convenience sake, I might consider buying something like this. I want to play alts for the fun stuff, not for farming/making money. And it's not pay to win, as the small bonuses to player power from professions were removed like 3 expansions ago. The idea of always be available to gather that rare herb/ore, no matter what char you play on, is really cool to me. Same for having the toolkit to craft whatever you want on 1 (or every) character.
    I understand why you would want this but i dont think it would be good for the game

so no thanks
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

No... RM should be for cosmetics and services. Not in-game advantages.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

To quote Randy, "Its a no from me dawg". You are still going to have to level the professions, so leave it as it is.

Either open it all up alá FF14 or don't. If they put something THAT heavy into the shop the game is dead for me.

i think i might actually hate you.

im kidding, of course. maybe. but no, thanks.

short answer: no.
    long answer: NOOOOOOO.

Seriously, that has to be the worst idea I've heard this month.

This would be convenient but it adds no intriguing game play while taking away game play. No reason to include this. Not even for free.

Do professions still have those perks like BOP craftable gear or passives?
    If so, then such change would give too much advantage
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I can hear the flood gates cracking open

eu no that sounds disasterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    100% agree. The whole purpose of having a limit to how many professions you have is to force you to either: Make an alt or buy other peoples goods from them. Its part of the economy in the game as well as the roleplaying and emersion into a different world.

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as I might like the idea, so I don't have to have as many alt. It wouldn't be a good idea.

I'd be fine for having the option between 2 crafting professions and 1 crafting/3 gathering professions. But if they're tying competitive BoP gear to crafting professions, then I don't see this as a good thing. Or they could just remove any personal benefit from crafting and make it solely something that makes things for the community, at which case, it's personal prerogative about how much you want to devote to them.

No, thank you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn this is as bad as the guy who wanted horizontal gear progression by implementing a new resistance type every tier, because he could only raid once every three months and struggled to find raid groups.

So, NO.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    More pay to win features? No. Please delete this post and go take a vacation in the mountains and think what you just suggested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Unfortunually it already is. Token is biggest pay to win shit ever seen in any MMO and I've seen many.

I vote no.

But I would like if they separated gathering professions into its own tier, similar to archeology/fishing/cooking. 2 main professions, 1 gathering, and all the common professions.