Poll: Which holiday do you like more?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Christmas.

Too old for Halloween. Too lazy to give out the candy to the kids in their cute costumes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Halloween has better parties and music but Xmas has better gifts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's Easter?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't celebrate Halloween here, so, Christmas.

Halloween can be fun, but it doesn’t hold a candle to Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Halloween, but literally anything beats Christmas for me.

I don't celebrate xmas, so basically it just is a part of the year where stores are unreasonably crowded and I have to hear the same handful of grating songs ad nauseum for months straight, while having to navigate well-intentioned questions about my holiday plans without coming off like some kind of anti-xmas scrooge.
    Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, but goddamn it'd be vastly improved if people would take all the goddamn music and throw it in the trash and never play it again.
    Putin khuliyo

I like Halloween better but it's just one day. Christmas season can last a whole month. On the whole I voted for Halloween.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, but goddamn it'd be vastly improved if people would take all the goddamn music and throw it in the trash and never play it again.
    I don't really understand the obsession with it. Most of the songs are kitschy and repetitive, but even if they weren't, it's still way too much. I wouldn't want to hear even a playlist of my favourite dozen songs played endlessly for two months straight. There's such thing as too much of a good thing, and it's highly debatable whether they can even justifiably be called "a good thing."

I can understand if people have sentimental attachments to the songs or find they get them in the spirit of the holiday and I won't fault them for that, but having it take over every store and restaurant and radio station and public space the span of two months (sometimes more!) is just fucking insane. I don't know how even the people who love xmas tolerate it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Of those two, Christmas. Not Christian, but I love everything surrounding the holiday--relaxing, eating good food, a hot cup of cocoa, enjoying the cold winter.

But I prefer Thanksgiving.
    I got non-Christian friends that come celebrate it with us every year from abroad be they Hindu or Muslim. Don't have to be a Christian to enjoy it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    neither. i prefer summer.
    Go to Australia and celebrate Christmas there then...

Christmas because i get to remind my catholic friends and family how much Christmas is actually a pagan holiday and i celebrate it the "old school" way.

bawhahahahah

That and its an excuse to buy myself shit because i deserve it and am so self hating i need this holiday to get past the self guilt of spending money on myself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    I like Halloween better but it's just one day. Christmas season can last a whole month. On the whole I voted for Halloween.
    Month?

Shit it last a whole quarter around here. It tramples thanksgiving right over.

no black friday this year so christmas has just level'ed up again!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Halloween is shit here in the UK. I know out in the US its this big thing, but here its a normal day. So Christmas for me.

If we celebrated Halloween the way most Americans do I think I'd like it more :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    neither of those are good... just commercial holidays...
    I kind of really like the commercial aspect of it all.

Both are great but I voted Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Doesn't matter, we won't have any of them this damn year,
    uhm why won't we have christmas this year? technically you could just mail the presents and do video conference with skype or something.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-09-29 at 07:27 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halloween, because there's no obligation to be nice to the relatives.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I prefer Christmas day, but frankly the "christmas season" really kills it. By mid October all the stores have Christmas displays up and are playing Christmas music. It lasts way to long, and by the end I am just wanting it to be over. I say this as an agnostic with a non-practicing (no church, pray only at holidays, etc) Christian family. Christmas day is fun because the family (around 26 normally) gets together and has a relaxed enjoyable time. We have banned, and strictly enforce, no discussing politics at holiday gatherings which helps a lot (extended family has people with strong beliefs on both sides).

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm why won't we have christmas this year? technically you could just mail the presents and do video conference with skype or something.
    Santa can't get there cus Rona
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanksgiving. Hallmark and consumer based holidays are shit. Modern Christmas is nothing more than buy shit/max your credit on stuff you don't need advertised by a 1930's Coca-Cola advertisement character. It's lost all it's real meaning. Halloween is a under 13yo kids holiday. At least with thanksgiving families get/should together for a meal, etc... until that crazy conservative uncle starts talking politics.

It's Halloween and it isn't particularly close. Is this poll driven by europeans or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Santa can't get there cus Rona
    i don't know how to break this to you but uhm it's not santa who delivers the stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Thanksgiving. Hallmark and consumer based holidays are shit. Modern Christmas is nothing more than buy shit/max your credit on stuff you don't need advertised by a 1930's Coca-Cola advertisement character. It's lost all it's real meaning. Halloween is a under 13yo kids holiday. At least with thanksgiving families get/should together for a meal, etc... until that crazy conservative uncle starts talking politics.
    i hate thanksgiving for two reasons. 1. i always end up in a fight with my relatives one way or another. 2. i hate pretty much everything that is served at thanksgiving. (coleslaw,turkey,green beans with that white creamy sauce, apple pie,strawberry rhubarb pie, stuffing,etc. only food i eat is the corn,peas if its being served, potatoes if it has butter/garlic and pumpkin pie. also this year we aren't having thanksgiving.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know how to break this to you but uhm it's not santa who delivers the stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

i hate thanksgiving for two reasons. 1. i always end up in a fight with my relatives one way or another. 2. i hate pretty much everything that is served at thanksgiving. (coleslaw,turkey,green beans with that white creamy sauce, apple pie,strawberry rhubarb pie, stuffing,etc. only food i eat is the corn,peas if its being served, potatoes if it has butter/garlic and pumpkin pie. also this year we aren't having thanksgiving.
    Santa brought me that frying pan ok, it had nothing to do with my mom needing a new one.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.