Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Right, so I just finished the game on Classic. Top 2.5% on steam wooo...

The game was decent if you didn't knew it was a remaster of the original. Graphics are good, story is good but knowing what was lost. I feel the game came up short handed.
    - Lucas Bertone, why remove those missions. They were even optional in the 2002 so why remove it altogether.
    - New Paulie ( and the new cast to an extent ). I like the new character to a degree. A drunkard with grand dreams but clearly not a smart man. I seem to remember a different Paulie though.. Older, more serious with some rage problems. Same goes for a lot of character changes, but this stung me the most.
    They even bullied Ralphie at the start which didnt't seem in character. Basically the Salieri gang became younger and with that more childish.
    - Lot of driving gone, cars are a lot faster too! I can imagine it's good for the current market. As games are a lot faster these days, but not for me who was looking for a remaster, not a remake.
    - Some minor lore changes. Not that bad but again, I would have preffered a remaster. Not a remake.
    - The race. It was a damn nightmare on Classic. Took me many tries but I managed it at the end. The original game was piss easy in comparison.
    - Free ride, where is the money system. Random Morello Gangsters driving around to earn money from and where is the gun shop? Yellow Pete.
    - Weapons like the Colt 1911 are just named semi auto gun.

I'm sure I missed some here and there. My final verdict is a solid 7/10 with the original being a 9/10,
    I'm reinstalling the old game now as I speak. So let's see if my rose tinted goggles are on or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Right, so I just finished the game on Classic. Top 2.5% on steam wooo...

The game was decent if you didn't knew it was a remaster of the original. Graphics are good, story is good but knowing what was lost. I feel the game came up short handed.
    - Lucas Bertone, why remove those missions. They were even optional in the 2002 so why remove it altogether.
    - New Paulie ( and the new cast to an extent ). I like the new character to a degree. A drunkard with grand dreams but clearly not a smart man. I seem to remember a different Paulie though.. Older, more serious with some rage problems. Same goes for a lot of character changes, but this stung me the most.
    They even bullied Ralphie at the start which didnt't seem in character. Basically the Salieri gang became younger and with that more childish.
    - Lot of driving gone, cars are a lot faster too! I can imagine it's good for the current market. As games are a lot faster these days, but not for me who was looking for a remaster, not a remake.
    - Some minor lore changes. Not that bad but again, I would have preffered a remaster. Not a remake.
    - The race. It was a damn nightmare on Classic. Took me many tries but I managed it at the end. The original game was piss easy in comparison.
    - Free ride, where is the money system. Random Morello Gangsters driving around to earn money from and where is the gun shop? Yellow Pete.
    - Weapons like the Colt 1911 are just named semi auto gun.

I'm sure I missed some here and there. My final verdict is a solid 7/10 with the original being a 9/10,
    I'm reinstalling the old game now as I speak. So let's see if my rose tinted goggles are on or not.
    I really don't know if it's just a matter of opinion. But the game by devs is not labeled as a remaster. It is labled as a ''Remake''.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I really don't know if it's just a matter of opinion. But the game by devs is not labeled as a remaster. It is labled as a ''Remake''.
    They also said the following;

Faithfully recreated, with expanded story, gameplay and original score. This is the Mafia you remembered and much more.
    This is basically a bare-bones dumbed down "remake" of an old classic that barely resembles the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    They also said the following;

This is basically a bare-bones dumbed down "remake" of an old classic that barely resembles the original.
    Ahhhh thanks for actually reminding me of this. I didn't know. Then he's right. Now i understand why more calls it a remaster than a remake.

You are right, thats just.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Ahhhh thanks for actually reminding me of this. I didn't know. Then he's right. Now i understand why more calls it a remaster than a remake.

You are right, thats just.

Sad.
    It is sad, I was looking forward to this but they took one step forward in the graphics department and took a massssssive step backwards on everything else, definitely not the mafia I remembered.

The problem is the fact it IS a remake and not a remaster, they went and remade shit they didn't need to.

I let it sink in and the game is pretty good. Characters are good, cars handle good and the story makes sense.
    There are some missed chances regarding open world ( free ride style ) but still a solid game.

If I had never played the original, I would have loved the game. It is truly worth a playthrough.
    It isn't a full priced game either. Only 40 euros instead of the usual 60.