Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    While waiting for this game I've been enjoying Wasteland 3 these past 2 weeks. Fantastic game, despite the bugs.

The way the music breaks in during key fights is just so epic.
    My son told me about Wasteland 3. Said it is a great game, but to wait longer before I buy it, because it has too many bugs at the moment.

And as a note about BG3, they have released the final system req. For the recommended, a GTX 1060 6gb. And a I74770k. Which shows how well the I74770 as a cpu has held up
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    My son told me about Wasteland 3. Said it is a great game, but to wait longer before I buy it, because it has too many bugs at the moment.

And as a note about BG3, they have released the final system req. For the recommended, a GTX 1060 6gb. And a I74770k. Which shows how well the I74770 as a cpu has held up
    He was telling the truth about W3. Extremely long loading times, stutter, bugged quests etc. Current patch still didn't fix many of those issues
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So I saw this game got delayed
    https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs...elease-delayed

I've never played a Baldur's Gate game but I heard it being compared to Diablo a lot. Is the gameplay the same as Diablo, ARPG or is it one of them boring turn based games like Divinity?
    Baldur's Gate is nothing like Diablo. At all. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 combat is made up of "rounds" with one round lasting a few seconds or so and wasn't turn based as the player and AI could carry out actions at the same time, which made it look like real time combat from the outside.

Baldur's Gate 3 is turn based, just like Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Nope, they need to generate unhealthy amount of hype for idiots to pre order.
    I mean... they have actively came out and stated "if you want to wait for the polished game DO NOT PREORDER. If you just want to see it ahead of time or if you want to participate in player feedback for bugs and whatnot, feel free to preorder"... but sure they're just trying to raise up hype for idiots to preorder...
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    I mean... they have actively came out and stated "if you want to wait for the polished game DO NOT PREORDER. If you just want to see it ahead of time or if you want to participate in player feedback for bugs and whatnot, feel free to preorder"... but sure they're just trying to raise up hype for idiots to preorder...
    Yep. They do.

They actually stated that, if you want to participate in feedback you need to pay us money? Holy fuck Yes, they think players are idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Yep. They do.

They actually stated that, if you want to participate in feedback you need to pay us money? Holy fuck Yes, they think players are idiots.
    https://screenrant.com/baldurs-gate-...o-should-play/

During the recent Panel From Hell, Larian Studios laid out the kinds of gamers they were looking for their Baldur's Gate 3 early access. "I know who we're not targeting, it's the person who wants a finished polished game. They should wait," said Creative Director Swen Vincke. Instead, Larian Studios is hoping to attract people "who really want to be part of development, who just want to give us as much feedback as they can, who will play over and over." Baldur's Gate 3 is a long way from final development, and they want people to experiment as much as possible so they can see what is and isn't working.

Early access can have a whole range of goals. Sometimes, it's a marketing ploy to help gain traction ahead of a game's release. Sometimes it's a way for smaller studios to gather a little extra money to get their game over the finish line. Baldur's Gate 3, however, seems to be very much focused on using early access to gather as much data as possible as the developers refine the game. Larian Studios is looking to gather people who will push the game in directions they didn't anticipate. They want the kind of person who will play the limited hours available, then start the game over with a whole different character and try whole new approaches. Larian Studios is hoping those same players will share feedback on forums, reddit, and other places so that they can gauge what is and isn't working in Baldur's Gate 3.

The early access content for Baldur's Gate 3 is reported to contain roughly 20-25 hours of content - and that's if a player goes through it only once. Baldur's Gate 3's early access is so massive that it contains nearly 600 characters. Larian Studios has stated it will be impossible to see all the quests in Baldur's Gate 3 in one playthrough because certain choices could close off access to certain quests and characters. If, as Larian Studios hopes, people play the early access multiple times, they'll be getting dozens of hours of game time, and will have access to the full 1.0 version of the game when it launches. The downside, of course, is that players are essentially paying for the honor of being QA testers. Still, Larian Studios has made it clear that they are fine with players waiting. Baldur's Gate 3 early access is meant for a very specific kind of player, and those who don't want a rough product are better off waiting for the final game down the line.
    I think you need to stop looking in the mirror if you think players are the ones that are idiots. Don't buy it if it's not for you, they're actively stating not to buy it until it's finished if you have any hesitation or qualms about it. You're basically paying to be able to have a first look into it, you don't even have to give any reports or QA.

If you want to say that's just the same as EA or Bethseda releasing a half-assed game full of bugs/issues and passing it off as a "polished, completed game" then that's on you. I'd gladly pay CD Project Red for early access to Cyberpunk 2077 though because they're a reputable company that will ensure the game gets completed to their level of polished gameplay.

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/h...-early-access/
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    https://screenrant.com/baldurs-gate-...o-should-play/

I think you need to stop looking in the mirror if you think players are the ones that are idiots. Don't buy it if it's not for you, they're actively stating not to buy it until it's finished if you have any hesitation or qualms about it. You're basically paying to be able to have a first look into it, you don't even have to give any reports or QA.

If you want to say that's just the same as EA or Bethseda releasing a half-assed game full of bugs/issues and passing it off as a "polished, completed game" then that's on you. I'd gladly pay CD Project Red for early access to Cyberpunk 2077 though because they're a reputable company that will ensure the game gets completed to their level of polished gameplay.

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/h...-early-access/
    People are paying because they are impatient and the studios know this. EA, Bethesda, Bioware, whatever, pick your poison. The mentality IS the same - they know how to create expectations, generate hype and coin that.

Pre ordering video games, paying for early acces and similar bullshit is not very smart.

Early access is lame because some knob jockey will just rush to the end of the game to post spoilers for it wherever they can like this thread. Star wars threads and gordan Ramsey cooking shows on YouTube. Just to show off that they know something you don't and hopefully they get to ruin your experience playing the game because they are miserable people and want others to be dead inside like they are

DoS2 was one of the best games I've ever played and I think Larian has been extremely open about what to expect out of the early access phase. I'll definitely be picking up BG3 but I might try to hold out just a little bit to get the more complete experience. That said pre-ordering from these guys imo is not an issue. No doubt these guys will work their ass off to make this an amazing game. Their support for DoS2 far beyond launch has been absolute top notch, releasing multiple DLC's worth of content entirely for free.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Early access is lame because some knob jockey will just rush to the end of the game to post spoilers for it wherever they can like this thread. Star wars threads and gordan Ramsey cooking shows on YouTube. Just to show off that they know something you don't and hopefully they get to ruin your experience playing the game because they are miserable people and want others to be dead inside like they are
    Early accuses for OS2 didn’t go all the way to the end or I think even past act 1 so no real threat of spoilers if they do it the same way.

I think OS1 went further in early accuse but I’m not sure on that one as I played it pretty much non stop in early accuse though release and then into the upgraded version so all the different dev stages blend together in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Early accuses for OS2 didn’t go all the way to the end or I think even past act 1 so no real threat of spoilers if they do it the same way.

I think OS1 went further in early accuse but I’m not sure on that one as I played it pretty much non stop in early accuse though release and then into the upgraded version so all the different dev stages blend together in my mind.
    Are you typing from a phone? :P
    Looks a lot like autocorrect from early access to early accuse ^^

And yeah - OS2 was restricted to the first out of 4 or so acts.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Are you typing from a phone? :P
    Looks a lot like autocorrect from early access to early accuse ^^

And yeah - OS2 was restricted to the first out of 4 or so acts.
    Ah I am auto correct strikes again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed Divinity Os 2, is it safe to say this game is going to a similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I really enjoyed Divinity Os 2, is it safe to say this game is going to a similar experience?
    Gameplay is going to be similar.

This is good for some and bad for others.

The classes and the world is entirely D&D tho.

Some people say there wont be dice rolls in combat. if thats the truth thats the biggest travesty they could possibly do imo.

People who whine about early access spoilers should just stick to getting news from the studio's youtube channel instead, and avoid forums such as this one if they don't want to be spoiled. That's what I will do. Don't be silly and let others enjoy the experience if they wanna experience it early.

Some people say there wont be dice rolls in combat. if thats the truth thats the biggest travesty they could possibly do imo.
    This is literally impossible. Every time a game uses some form of RNG (meaning any time it's not 100% chance of success) there is effectively a "dice roll" being used.
    This game has already shown that to be the case, because your hit chance isn't 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Based on everything we know so far, yes.

Gameplay is going to be similar.

This is good for some and bad for others.

The classes and the world is entirely D&D tho.

There is a chance it will be too much Larian messing with D&D formula and injecting to much Larian juice.

I hope we can make normal character and not the Larian version...

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    This is literally impossible. Every time a game uses some form of RNG (meaning any time it's not 100% chance of success) there is effectively a "dice roll" being used.
    This game has already shown that to be the case, because your hit chance isn't 100%.

Based on everything we know so far, yes.
    yes thats pretty self explanatory and not really what i am talking about mate

DOS2 didnt have dice rolls for combat(in the dnd sense) they just had a standard 95% chance to hit.

I am talking actual d20 dices rolling in the combat log to see if you score hits or critical hits

7+ Year Old Account
    It's hard deciding if I should get this and play in EA, it just looks so good

yes thats pretty self explanatory and not really what i am talking about mate

DOS2 didnt have dice rolls for combat(in the dnd sense) they just had a standard 95% chance to hit.

I am talking actual d20 dices rolling in the combat log to see if you score hits or critical hits
    They've shown it, the dice rolls don't appear in the middle of your screen during combat, but there is rolls done by the computer and they showed like a combat log with it happening.