Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Has anyone with Beta tested Flayed Shot much to clarify the proc? Is it feast or famine where it can proc multiple times? Is it guaranteed to at least proc once like old BA, or can you go multiple uses of FS without ever seeing a KS usage?
    Also, I can’t find anything on Icy Veins yet, but have SV conduits been put into, and tested, on Beta yet? Wondering how poorly it’s still doing compared to others as I’m on the fence about SV Hunter or DK.

I've only tested it for like a few minutes 15-20 uses and I haven't had a single use of it where it didn't proc at least once.
    I have no idea if there is a pity-proc included over it's duration though.

I was mostly checking out the rotation and overall feel of the spec.

All I know is that the ability looks awesome and the sound and looks of the proc is amazing too.

Kinda sad my main focus isn't raiding anymore cause Flayed Shot feels so good to play but you can't justify going Venthyr for pushing keys.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Kinda sad my main focus isn't raiding anymore cause Flayed Shot feels so good to play but you can't justify going Venthyr for pushing keys.
    Well, the alternatives aren't that much better. At least once Night Fae is fixed and nerfed.
    I don't think the soulbinds are that bad.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-09-29 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tht nerf to secondary targets of chimera shot, soooo much for blizzard giving us that talent so we could have ways to cleave..only to do that xD

Unless my math is totally wrong and im saying nonsense xD

They nerfed Death Chakram by half...it now does a little over the damaging effect of Flayed Shot with 15sec more on CD...and no benefit other than gaining 21 focus compared to free Kill Shot. Wow, just WoW.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2020-10-01 at 04:32 AM.

That Chakram nerf came out of no where, was there anyone that actually thought that ability was OP?

The Chim shot change is obviously to fix our broken Serpentstalker's Trickery damage and i'm ok with this fix.

Still gonna have ridiculous burst.

Does hurt BM a bit though for no reason but most BM players will be taking Scent of Blood for a while.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2020-10-01 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It's still a thing that puts me off BM. It doesn't flow imo
    AS costs too much in BM, it's reduced in MM.
    We won't use it anymore in BM with the focus change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They nerfed Death Chakram by half...it now does a little over the damaging effect of Flayed Shot with 15sec more on CD...and no benefit other than gaining 21 focus compared to free Kill Shot. Wow, just WoW.
    Not a problem for me, if I can chose Venthyr and play both BM/MM "optimally" then I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    That Chakram nerf came out of no where, was there anyone that actually thought that ability was OP?

The Chim shot change is obviously to fix our broken Serpentstalker's Trickery damage and i'm ok with this fix.

Still gonna have ridiculous burst.

Does hurt BM a bit though for no reason but most BM players will be taking Scent of Blood for a while.
    The Chakrams were pretty OP from what I was told. Though if I had to guess I would say that they might have nerfed it because the Focus regen is already a pretty significant amount for at least MM and Survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    AS costs too much in BM, it's reduced in MM.
    We won't use it anymore in BM with the focus change.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a problem for me, if I can chose Venthyr and play both BM/MM "optimally" then I'm happy
    I was under the impression that Flayed Shot simply cost too much for MM to use optimally. Though I guess that could depend on how often the extra Kill Shot procs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Chakrams were pretty OP from what I was told. Though if I had to guess I would say that they might have nerfed it because the Focus regen is already a pretty significant amount for at least MM and Survival.

- - - Updated - - -

I was under the impression that Flayed Shot simply cost too much for MM to use optimally. Though I guess that could depend on how often the extra Kill Shot procs.
    Procs are free, you get a Kill shot for free, it just costs a GCD.

Edit: do you mean the cost of the shot itself ? It doubt it it's just 10 focus. The problem was the kill shot procs not being free.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Procs are free, you get a Kill shot for free, it just costs a GCD.

Edit: do you mean the cost of the shot itself ? It doubt it it's just 10 focus. The problem was the kill shot procs not being free.
    The cost as in using the Dead Eye talent, which buffs Kill Shot and gives you more Aimed Shot charges. Which last I checked gave you too many Aimed Shots to use comfortably.
    Obviously you could just not use that talent, but it still feels like the game is subtly pushing you to use it when you pick Venthyr.

- - - Updated - - -
    Nah, the MM isn't that focused starved.
    Trueshot is a horrible CD and that's basically the only time where MM has problems with Focus.

Killshot is free with the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    There is a conduit buffing the damage and focus regen even further.
    My guess is that instead of nerfing the conduit, they nerfed the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Nah, the MM isn't that focused starved.
    Trueshot is a horrible CD and that's basically the only time where MM has problems with Focus.

Killshot is free with the proc.

I guess we will just have to see how the expansion pans out. I have said it before, and it bears repeating, but MM is on a straight collision course with its own rotation, it might not be a problem immediately, but eventually the spec will just straight up abandon half its rotation when it no longer sims good, and the Flayed shot/Dead eye combo might be one of hte main culprits.

I guess we will just have to see how the expansion pans out. I have said it before, and it bears repeating, but MM is on a straight collision course with its own rotation, it might not be a problem immediately, but eventually the spec will just straight up abandon half its rotation when it no longer sims good, and the Flayed shot/Dead eye combo might be one of hte main culprits.
    I kinda doubt it but I didn't test it to be honest.
    The 60% recharge speed doesn't seem to be so impactful. Not sure if it's even worth picking, even on ST.

60% for 3s is a CD reduction of...1s per use or something (100% would be 1,5s wouldn't it?) ? I think MM has enough focus outside of True Shot to handle that. So you need like 10 killshots in 1 minute to overtake Double Tap if I'm not mistaken - that's not possible.
    And Double Tap is a free AiS that doesn't cost focus.

It's really more or less just True Shot and it's long duration that fucks things up. Especially in your opener because you also gain 1 AiS by activating it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-01 at 02:42 PM.

Speaking for BM on these changes, it seems they are bringing all the covenants more in line with each other. Prior to this chakram was the clear winner out of the bunch with Fae and Ven lagging a bit behind (at least at the launch of the expac). This brings them all in line a bit. Leaning Night fae now as the soulbinds are pretty good, anyone know how these nerfs affect raid/mythic + dps?

Soulforged embers leggy nerf makes it all but useless the nerf down from 900% down to 210% was crushing for an ability that takes 2 GCDs to setup and can only be cast once every 30 sec, that said the unlimited target cap gave it a clear and viable use. The 5 target cap kill its unique use case & makes it a DPS loss in all situations. if they are going to target cap it then it needs a damage buff based around its 30 second effective CD

Hunters look good in SL, no? Fixed some overtuned covs, but yea

For the most part, yeah. These nerfs bring us back to the middleish of the pack but all three specs are fairly well tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The conduit at the maximum rank (15 which won't be available until late in the expansion it seems) gives 20% more damage to Death Chakram and 14 more focus. This means that

-Death Chakram with a rank 15 conduit gives :
    ~350% Attack Power and 35 Focus (free Cobra Shot) on a 45s CD.

-Flayed Shot without any conduit gives :
    250% Attack Power + 0 to 10 free Kill Shot at 200% Attack Power on a 30s CD. (And you will get at least one free KS 80% of the time)

This doesn't seem balanced at all. (Not even counting the great Soulbinds that Venthyr gets compare to the awful Necrolord, waiting Blizzard to nerf the only good one they have in Bonesmith...)

Testing for the last 5 hours or so, both BM and MM feel like they are in a good place.

Wild Spirits feels good both for BM and MM which is nice, probably too good for MM, went from useless to OP broken back to useless and now it's tilted back towards OP but not as OP as before.

The Serpentstalker's Trickery with Chim nerf really could not have gone better, we all knew it was OP but i was scared blizz was gonna totally butcher it, making it not work with Precise Shots was the best way to nerf it.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2020-10-01 at 06:14 PM.