Poll: Your opinion on these issues

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Tbc won't happen with all the devs leaving for dreamhaven they will put everyone on retail wow and d4
    That’s not how this works at all lol.

i quit wow, if only i could quit reading forums about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    That’s not how this works at all lol.
    Thats exactly how activision has done before put all devs on what brings in the most cash

Thats exactly how activision has done before put all devs on what brings in the most cash
    No, no it is not. This is some third grade level of thinking my friend

In the end, pushing out Classic TBC doesn't require very much manpower, and they will get a significant return on their investment. Classic was a resounding success, and is still going quite strong, from what I can tell. If it can keep their sub numbers up, and push for more user engagement, then there is no question of whether they will go with TBC servers. It's free money, and Activision knows it. Classic has an expiration date... and that is 3-6 months after Naxx drops. After that, people will lose interest, unless they have something else to look forward to.

In my guild, only two people will be playing Shadowlands. That means well over 95% of us would drop subscriptions when Classic stops producing new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    In the end, pushing out Classic TBC doesn't require very much manpower, and they will get a significant return on their investment. Classic was a resounding success, and is still going quite strong, from what I can tell. If it can keep their sub numbers up, and push for more user engagement, then there is no question of whether they will go with TBC servers. It's free money, and Activision knows it. Classic has an expiration date... and that is 3-6 months after Naxx drops. After that, people will lose interest, unless they have something else to look forward to.

In my guild, only two people will be playing Shadowlands. That means well over 95% of us would drop subscriptions when Classic stops producing new content.
    It's free real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    It's free real estate.
    Precisely. Activision may be a lot of things, but they are not stupid enough to ignore $10-15 million a month (or however much it is) for minimal effort. Anyone who has played Classic knows that Blizzard isn't exactly spending a lot of time and effort on it, it's basically a well-run private server. There's not many GMs running around, you can tell that by the sheer number of bots and player names. Back in the day, someone by the name of "fuctastic" would have been forced to change names very quickly. Now, I see those dudes with names like that wearing AQ40 gear... so they've been around a while. Honestly, that's fine... Blizzard has opted to make it a bit of the Wild West, and aren't stomping things down too much. It takes a bit of getting used to, but people adapt.

Precisely. Activision may be a lot of things, but they are not stupid enough to ignore $10-15 million a month (or however much it is) for minimal effort. Anyone who has played Classic knows that Blizzard isn't exactly spending a lot of time and effort on it, it's basically a well-run private server. There's not many GMs running around, you can tell that by the sheer number of bots and player names. Back in the day, someone by the name of "fuctastic" would have been forced to change names very quickly. Now, I see those dudes with names like that wearing AQ40 gear... so they've been around a while. Honestly, that's fine... Blizzard has opted to make it a bit of the Wild West, and aren't stomping things down too much. It takes a bit of getting used to, but people adapt.
    Best part about it is they could realistically keep all the money turning even after the release WOTLK. Make season servers for all 3. Would I play them? Eh, probably not but maybe in a couple years after it becomes fresh again.

Precisely. Activision may be a lot of things, but they are not stupid enough to ignore $10-15 million a month (or however much it is) for minimal effort.
    I wouldn't be so sure. NC Soft ended City of Heroes even though it was profitous. It's the amount of profit that counts for large companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. NC Soft ended City of Heroes even though it was profitous. It's the amount of profit that counts for large companies.
    And, that is more than enough profit for them. There's very little headache, it makes them a lot of money, and it protects brand loyalty for Blizzard (which is on very shaky ground).