Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Believe it or not, but not everyone is all about zooming around the place blastin' everything to shreds. To me that is mind-numbingly boring!
    Well, all of us are all about blasting things to shreds, and it might as well happen fast, but we don't feel the need to use 2 abilities per second in order to achieve it.

I miss the good old times when casting times were long and melees had to wait for resources.

So Budget voidform is finally completely gone in the newest beta build. The new talent makes Void form even stronger for single target.
    Hungering Void:
    Your second Void Bolt cast on the same target will deal 1% more damage, cause the target to receive 1% more damage from you for until cancelled, and extend the duration of your Void Form by 1 sec. If your Void Bolt critically hits, your Void Form is extended by 1 sec.

On the other hand this build shows how bad covenants are if you are playing more than one specc.
    Fae Fermata increased the duration of fae guardians by up to 20 seconds which was a pretty good choice, but almost useless for both healspeccs. Now it leaves behind smaller fairys for a short duration with reduced effect if they change targets. Which works way better for disc and holy, but is now useless for shadow priest.

Seems like i really have to wait for release day to make my final choice >.<

ah thanks! couldn't find hungering void in datamining... and wow, wonder how that works with dissonant echoes conduit? perma uptime outside VF? although it is kinda weird that they replaced stacking haste frantic playstyle with just praying for crits to extend VF?
    Void Bolt deals 35% more damage.
    While not in Void Form, Mind Flay has a 15.0% chance to allow you to cast Void Bolt.
    While in Void Form, Void Bolt has a 15.0% chance to reset the cooldown on Void Bolt.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    It's that they changed voidform, not s2m.

Well, it's not that different from how vendetta works. If you pop it on an enemy that is about to die, you can't really blame the cooldown for your mistakes.
    Vendetta doesn't require a kill withing a short timeframe in order to stay alive though. Risk and reward and all that. If you pop it on a target that might not die in the given timeframe you risk actually dying, the counter to that is popping it on a target that is certain to die but that might shorten the duration considerably. Not sure I enjoy the russian roulette thing tbh. Void form stays active though, that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Vendetta doesn't require a kill withing a short timeframe in order to stay alive though. Risk and reward and all that. If you pop it on a target that might not die in the given timeframe you risk actually dying, the counter to that is popping it on a target that is certain to die but that might shorten the duration considerably. Not sure I enjoy the russian roulette thing tbh. Void form stays active though, that's a plus.
    Yeah, but it was not what they originally complained about.

But I do understand, I never liked the death part of s2m myself, in any iteration. My guess it's there to make sure it's not usable on single target fights, 'cause it will be too strong. But I do wish they would implement it in a different way, maybe if the target does not die during s2m, you get triple the cooldown on it, or something.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

But I do understand, I never liked the death part of s2m myself, in any iteration. My guess it's there to make sure it's not usable on single target fights, 'cause it will be too strong. But I do wish they would implement it in a different way, maybe if the target does not die during s2m, you get triple the cooldown on it, or something.
    I'm fine with the death mechanic itself, but it sort of takes a lot of fun out of it if you can't plan around trash packs / adds on a boss encounter by identifying the weaker mobs that you would be able to kill quick enough to make it safe to use, because that in itself could greatly reduce the effect of the ability.

Then again, the new final row talent and the change to DP as well as void torrent is looking -really- damn good so I'm not too concerned with S2M. Would be a lot of fun in m+ if it was "fixed" but still. SP looking better and better for Shadowlands.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2020-09-24 at 09:45 AM.

Now with beta access I could try the Covenant skills for Shadow and wow... they're bad. So bad, I don't want to use them at all. They have zero interaction with our spec. Mindgames is very frontloaded, but with its high CD and barely any synergy it feels pointless. Fae Blessings isn't bad, just complicated to use. Unholy Nova with the range restriction is pretty much useless although it's quite strong. And that Kyrian skill as Shadow - l o l - what is this? I don't even know how to weave this into my usual rotation. Why would anyone choose and use this skill as Shadow?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Now with beta access I could try the Covenant skills for Shadow and wow... they're bad. So bad, I don't want to use them at all. They have zero interaction with our spec. Mindgames is very frontloaded, but with its high CD and barely any synergy it feels pointless. Fae Blessings isn't bad, just complicated to use. Unholy Nova with the range restriction is pretty much useless although it's quite strong. And that Kyrian skill as Shadow - l o l - what is this? I don't even know how to weave this into my usual rotation. Why would anyone choose and use this skill as Shadow?
    I would like an option to get 5 or 10% more damage (or whatever the intended power of covenants is) and just don't use any of them.
    Almost all covenant skills feels very disconnected from the actual class/spec which is what i hated about azerite. I don't get how they could make class specific spells that still feel awful to use.

I don't get the death part too much either, it just assures that the talent is only taken by masters of the game who know wtf they are doing.

Would be more thematically apt if you got mind controlled for some time afterwards. Say 20 seconds and the raid can CC you. Fun and an actual tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I would like an option to get 5 or 10% more damage (or whatever the intended power of covenants is) and just don't use any of them.
    Almost all covenant skills feels very disconnected from the actual class/spec which is what i hated about azerite. I don't get how they could make class specific spells that still feel awful to use.
    This is basically what they gave Kyrian Druids. If you don't use that buff on another player you'll get a 1m CD that increases your healing by 15% for 10 seconds which is quite nice imho. But the crap skills we get as Priests in general and especially as Shadow... wow. I hope they rework them from the ground.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again