Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    It's a kernel level anti cheat spyware,good luck cleaning it from your system when you delete the game.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/genshin-impa...lose-the-game/

Supposedly, it's already been fixed and people are confirming it, according to this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    It lost my interest when I found out it was a gacha
    I decided to try it after seeing a few people talk about it like it was BotW clone. Game is pretty good, You get enough in game currency to use the gatcha system. I've gotten about 25 Rolls from the first chapter still

for a f2p gatcha game it still seems to have some quality with nice combat, skills and exploration

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what lies in the future for this game but I'm over that myth that F2P can't exist without P2W mechanics.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    How far can you go without pay money and without grind for resources?

Seven Deadly Sins can go very far, but all the sudden it is blocked.
    However, the game play is not interesting. I don't suggest to play it.

The complain about Gacha game is under tuned first few hours.
    All the sudden, over tuned.
    At this point in time you can see everything there is to see without paying at all.

There is a bit of a "grind" as far as not being able to complete the story missions until you reach the appropriate adventure rank but you increase your adventure rank by doing quests, killing monsters, exploring, etc... and the gacha system doesn't affect that at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't know what lies in the future for this game but I'm over that myth that F2P can't exist without P2W mechanics.
    Not sure what you're implying regarding the myth?

Is it that all F2P games inevitably have or get P2W mechanics? Or that it actually is possible for a F2P game to exist without P2W mechanics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    At this point in time you can see everything there is to see without paying at all.

There is a bit of a "grind" as far as not being able to complete the story missions until you reach the appropriate adventure rank but you increase your adventure rank by doing quests, killing monsters, exploring, etc... and the gacha system doesn't affect that at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what you're implying regarding the myth?

Is it that all F2P games inevitably have or get P2W mechanics? Or that it actually is possible for a F2P game to exist without P2W mechanics?
    The myth that all F2P games have P2W mechanics.

Started playing yesterday. I love it so far.

Got it on my phone, played 5 minutes and it was nice. Grabbed it for PS4 and will be doing some deep couch gaming.

Apparently I missed the whole contra-versy around the announcement at China Joy where Switch/BotW fans were losing their shit because Sony was promoting a game that was inspired by BotW? And some crazy guy fuckin smashed his PS4 in "protest"?

Shit's wild, but game looks pretty darned good either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea if this game was the cause or if it was a coincidence, but soon after I installed this game my system started having memory issues leading to a couple of crashes. Anyone else on PC have any issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I have no idea if this game was the cause or if it was a coincidence, but soon after I installed this game my system started having memory issues leading to a couple of crashes. Anyone else on PC have any issues?
    What kind of memory issues/crashes?

I know I've been getting system lock ups, but those predate installing the game by a week. It could be a bad update from MS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What kind of memory issues/crashes?

I know I've been getting system lock ups, but those predate installing the game by a week. It could be a bad update from MS.
    Been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider for a week or so and had no issues then it started just crashing to desktop randomly. Also Chrome will seemingly hiccup and freeze or crash and once it actually gave me an insufficient memory error.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why i like this game so much but i do. I guess its just because a better botw which had a decent skeleton but lacking in almost anything of substance

i expected to hate this game, so far i am really enjoying it. i honestly think it has a really good balance between the p2w gacha stuff and in-game rewards

I almost reach Adventure Rank 10. So far so good.
    I got Keqing. She is clearly better than my "free" characters.

In the other Gacha games, it requires you to have all Tier A characters.
    For example, a boss can only be defeated by 4 Tier A fire characters.
    Another boss requires 4 Tier A Ice characters.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-10-02 at 04:20 AM.

Serious question here; does anyone know how to change the button mapping/configuration on PC for KBM?

I can't play with this button mapping. It's driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Serious question here; does anyone know how to change the button mapping/configuration on PC for KBM?

I can't play with this button mapping. It's driving me nuts.
    my friend told me that you currently cannot change any keybinds (annoying) but that they are adding it in an update

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    my friend told me that you currently cannot change any keybinds (annoying) but that they are adding it in an update
    I hope they do it soon because on controller they use the Japanese default for accept and cancel so B is to accept and A is to cancel, backwards of the default in most western games and even most games from Japan when they are localized they swap them around to match. It really throws me off and even after a few hours of play, I still keep hitting the wrong buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    So far as I know, Genshin Impact only has a multiplayer co-op, no PvP whatsoever. And that co-op is optional. So, it's kind of hard to describe anything in this game as "P2W", even conceptually. Maybe "pay for easy mode", at best?

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    So the game was lying to me when it said I could customize my controls... I wasted like 20 minutes on this. Sonofa...

Played a bit on PS4 and got to the first town, I'm impressed so far. Looks good, felt smooth for the most part, the VO and animations are good even if the "Oh, hello CHARACTER/OBJECT that I have known for two months, it is funny seeing you here in WORLD and LOCATION after I BACK STORY OF HOW WE MET. This is a totally normal conversation people who know each other have." at the start made me want to die a bit.

I kinda dig the character swap mechanic, looking forward to playing a lot more. And hoping they'll allow for rebinding on PS4 too, because damnit the use/attack buttons are backwards to what I'm used to >.<