Prepatch date today ? maybe ? Possibly ? Eventually ?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's saying you're *probably* part of the massive group of the internet that acts like they know everything(Armchair weapon...knowledgemaster or w/e lol). At least that is my reading of it.
    And I'm saying an orc knows jack shit about craftsmanship :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Today/tomorrow most likely, but we already had 2 weeks season warning, so they could reveal date even on Monday because why not.

And of course there is always possibility something could force week delay, that's why they wait with date almost to last day.

They'll probably shadow drop the Jailer movie with prepatch release date tied to it, anywhere from today to Monday. No other reason to be so secretive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Today/tomorrow most likely, but we already had 2 weeks season warning, so they could reveal date even on Monday because why not
    I really don't think they'd even consider to do this. To announce it just one day ahead would be very weird and feel very rushed imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I imagine today is a good date for it. Though tomorrow is also a strong possibility, or even Saturday.

I feel Blizzard has to say something before the weekend though, even if it is just that they will have a more comprehensive announcement right before the weekly reset.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Blizzard are really out of time with the pre patch. Announcement needs to drop today / tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Blizzard are really out of time with the pre patch. Announcement needs to drop today / tomorrow.
    Not really, especially if the patch launches on the 13th.

As for the patch, if we go by the 4 days of last time they could still announce it on saturday and frankly I don't think anything prevents them from doing it on monday either. The season end announcement was done, as that is the only thing that is somewhat relevant. Everything else is just us being bored with BfA .

Btw: Anyone remembers how to start the Beasts of Bastion Event? Either it's bugged or I'm missing something very obvious.

Edit: Another thing, either no on Torghast can be arsed to level a character or they have tuned the sharding to be quite lonely. I hope that stays, nothing is worse for the story they are currently telling than 50 people doing the same quest when everyone is in shock and awe that you are the one and only new arrival.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-01 at 06:17 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I really feel Blizzard should say something either today or tomorrow, preferrably today about the delay in releasing the pre-patch and whether they intend ot release it next week or if they will take their chances at delaying it further, which I personally feel would be a pretty bad idea.
    I think that even if Blizzard doesnt actually know yet, just the announcement on a potential actual announcement would be enough at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Not really, especially if the patch launches on the 13th.
    If it’ll launch on the 13th they still have plenty of time, but for a release on the 6th the announcement window is closing. They‘ll never drop a patch that drastically alters the game one day after an official announcement. They’ll give us at least 3-4 days to settle. No way they’ll say on Monday we‘ll get it Tuesday.

I mean they still have today and tomorrow to announce it for Tuesday. If not, forget it, it ain’t happening the 6th then. I’m not sure if people are super optimistic, naive or just delusional when they think an announcement on Sunday or Monday could result in a release on Tuesday. 4-5 days feels short, but it’s still enough - 1-2 days is just out of question imho.

What bugs me the most is this radio silence from Blizzard. It’s very weird, especially four weeks before you’ll launch your next expansion.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-01 at 07:04 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, Oribos and the Covenants are a mess. Plus traversal in the zones feels pretty bad with ground mounts. So many mobs everywhere. Granted, there are quite a lot flight masters around.

The art team is killing it as usual, but that's never been WoW's problem in the last years.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it indeed does and I don't remember them doing anything similar in Legion or BfA (but I might just not know it).
    Why is Oribos a mess?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really feel Blizzard should say something either today or tomorrow, preferrably today about the delay in releasing the pre-patch and whether they intend ot release it next week or if they will take their chances at delaying it further, which I personally feel would be a pretty bad idea.
    I think that even if Blizzard doesnt actually know yet, just the announcement on a potential actual announcement would be enough at this point.
    Maybe let's speculate about delay when we will have actual signs? If pre-patch launch next week, they usual reveal day is either today or tomorrow.

So far everything point at 6th - pre-download (in BfA it was 3 weeks before launch as well), end of season warning.

Maybe let's speculate about delay when we will have actual signs? If pre-patch launch next week, they usual reveal day is either today or tomorrow.

So far everything point at 6th - pre-download (in BfA it was 3 weeks before launch as well), end of season warning.
    We can infer a delay in pre-patch at least seeing as all the signs originally pointed to a 4 week or beyond event, which did not happen.

Not talking about an expansion delay, but Blizzard not saying anything would be a bad sign. They obviously have a lot of time today to get an announcement out, I just pointed out that I think they should say something, even if that something is just to wait until Monday for an actual confirmation of when the pre-patch will release.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We can infer a delay in pre-patch at least seeing as all the signs originally pointed to a 4 week or beyond event, which did not happen.

Not talking about an expansion delay, but Blizzard not saying anything would be a bad sign. They obviously have a lot of time today to get an announcement out, I just pointed out that I think they should say something, even if that something is just to wait until Monday for an actual confirmation of when the pre-patch will release.
    Just curious, when did you hear about this "4 weeks event"? Because amount of content on PTR was always very small. Maybe thed had bigger plans for pre-patch in the past, but likely it was scrapped at some point. But it isn't delay.

As I said, we can speculate about delay only if we won't have announcement on Friday or later today.

Just curious, when did you hear about this "4 weeks event"? Because amount of content on PTR was always very small. Maybe thed had bigger plans for pre-patch in the past, but likely it was scrapped at some point. But it isn't delay.

As I said, we can speculate about delay only if we won't have announcement on Friday or later today.
    It was quite a while back, and obviously it could very easily be that the plans changed before the pre-patch was even being developed. But beyond that there was also the fact taht no pre-patch has been shorter than 4 weeks, despite many like the BfA one most recently having even less content, which tells us that Blizzard thinks 4 weeks is a nice baseline for a pre-patch.
    Other than that there was the possibility of Blizzard getting a tiny revenue boost at the tail-end of Q3, which I assume they would enjoy.
    Not to mention that we had a release candidate which was inexplicably rolled back to a test version, which to my memory has only happened once before in Legion.

I consider these facts to be indicative that Blizzard wanted to, but were somehow either prevented or decided against releasing the pre-patch the 29th.
    As I said, I personally don't think Blizzard intends on delaying anything past this point. The pre-patch is already extremely short considering the fact that it will be gone forever, taking whatever unique items it gives with it. As well as delaying the actual expansion being mostly pointless considering.

3 weeks to go.. kek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    also

scouring tithe is currently the best warlock covenant ability for Destro and Aff, especially after Decimating Bolt and Impending Catastrophe got gutted yesterday (the latter was only good in M+ and other aoe situations, now it's just bad)

tithe can be havoc'd for Destro which is amazing since you can get the soul shard proc from an add dying with it while still getting the CD reset; for Aff it's a 100% uptime dot which is great for Malefic Rapture

The fact that its cd resets if the target doesn't die also means you can have 100% uptime on that soulbind ability that gives you 5% mastery or w/e when you use your class covenant spell which is insane

night fae ability is weird because the drain life part isn't actually worth using
    Scouring does like no damage though. I understand it could be good with a bunch of low hp targets, but that isn't consistently good enough for my liking. Even if it sims the best I wont pick that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad that almose everyone in the beta ask what cov is BiS for their spec... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Scouring does like no damage though. I understand it could be good with a bunch of low hp targets, but that isn't consistently good enough for my liking. Even if it sims the best I wont pick that.
    Covenants are not all about the ability you get. Kyrian have some of the strongest soulbinds. Also Scouring Tithe conduit makes you Chaos Bolt/Demons/Dots (depending on spec) do 10-24% more damage when target dies on top of 5 shards.

There are a lot of benefits besides ability itself being a jacked up Shadowburn for intents and purposes.