Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zRares View Post
    Could have announced it earlier before people actually took time off from work... a lot of people just f'ed their vacation time...
    Yep! Like me! Took Tues-Fri off, and I'm SOL at this point as Oct 1 was the cutoff for vacation claims.

Next years most famous quote when it comes to WoW will be:

"you delayed SL for this?...."

don't get your hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    This explains the massive wave of beta invites yesterday.

delay is the right decision, as the game is fuckin scuffed right now

but delay is NOT the right decision when you sell pre orders

blizz sucks ass on all fronts lol
    The pre-order didn't guarantee an Oct 26 release date, so unsure what your gripe is here. It promised a (paraphrasing) "before the end of 2020" release date, which this statement demonstrates is still the plan.

But don't let me get in the way of your bitching.

Finally Actiblizz is admitting their mistakes and doing something about it.

As someone who took vacation days for launch, this bothers me greatly. Especially this late, and without a new date (Even if it's december, give us the opportunity to schedule).

Add to that that i have no confidence blizzard knows what polish is, so this just seems like more time to argue with the community about locked covenants.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing December 8th for release

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    "Sometime this year" would be nice for an estimated date so we can reschedule holidays...
    Unless we hear anything from Blizzard in the next couple of weeks I'd assume that we'll see a late November or very early December release. I highly doubt that it will be later than early December due to the Christmas holiday potentially screwing with the amount of people able to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefiend View Post
    Yep! Like me! Took Tues-Fri off, and I'm SOL at this point as Oct 1 was the cutoff for vacation claims.
    I'm glad that a) I didn't request the time off yet and b) I work somewhere that lets me request time off borderline last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    This explains the massive wave of beta invites yesterday.

delay is the right decision, as the game is fuckin scuffed right now

but delay is NOT the right decision when you sell pre orders

blizz sucks ass on all fronts lol
    So no matter what they do, they're making the wrong decision? I think the problem here is your analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    While I realize everyone is tripping over each other to get the "best" complaint posted, this is likely quite the stretch.
    You typically don't realize something is going to take a whole additional 3 months to polish off when you're a few weeks away from launch date.
    I called a delay, and I call a late december release. They didn't announce a replacement date for a reason. Cry me a river if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Unless we hear anything from Blizzard in the next couple of weeks I'd assume that we'll see a late November or very early December release. I highly doubt that it will be later than early December due to the Christmas holiday potentially screwing with the amount of people able to work.
    Eh, i'd expect about 2 weeks, that fits with the prepatch schedule. So about mid November.

I don't see why this is a good change. Sure 9.0 might have issues but can't be worse than 8.3. So would rather play 1 month of buggy 9.0 (after which it gets patched to be better) than another month of 8.3

"as soon as we could". Gimme a break. They've seen it for months. This only means that it took couple months before the acti$$ard higher ups finally understood the message from their underlings, and decided to join them in the reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Man, if only Blizzard didn't have to spend time balancing those goddamn covenants and made them cosmestic only
    Might aswell also remove classes, specs and talents, would speed up the process even more!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Excellent decision. There was a time Blizzard wouldn't hesitate to delay a game to ensure they made a quality product; it wasn't until the Activision days that they would release absolute garbage just to meet quarterly deadlines. It remains to be seen what the quality of Shadowlands will be when we actually play it, but we can guarantee it would have been worse without the delay.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Excellent news and hopefully they don't waste this time and opportunity. SL class design still needs tons of work.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    I called a delay, and I call a late december release. Cry me a river if you don't like it.
    Gratz? Are you looking for a medal? I'll see if I can find you a f*cking cookie.

I'm not upset with your prediction because I want it sooner. I want it when they feel it's ready. I'm just telling you that your prediction has a significant chance of being wrong.

But clearly you need your salt. So you do you buttercup.

It will likely only be pushed back by 2-4 weeks, since prepatch is very soon.That allows for 4-6 months between patch and Shadowlands. It's definitely the right decision. I honestly never even expected the October release in the first place. They simply announced the date way too soon and set themselves a goal that was too high. If it will be end of November it will be interesting to see what happens to the raid schedule. Maybe Nathria delayed to January?

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    "as soon as we could". Gimme a break. They've seen it for months. This only means that it took couple months before the acti$$ard higher ups finally understood the message from their underlings, and decided to join them in the reality.
    You've never worked on a large scale project, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    I called a delay, and I call a late december release. They didn't announce a replacement date for a reason. Cry me a river if you don't like it.
    They even delayed releasing raids over christmas, they sure as hell won't release an expansion when nobody is in (home) office. Far to risky.