Look, I'm not super happy about the delay either, considering that literally yesterday I resubbed for 2 months, expecting it to be just in time to get the last couple of things in BfA that I want, do the pre-patch and play through the expansion launch, so I kinda got rekt'd, but...

I have nothing but RESPECT to Blizzard for this decision.

The reality is that the devs know better if the expansion is ready or not. We might have some idea as to how the Beta is going, but we don't have access to all of the bug reports, player feedback, QA department reports, etc. And most importantly, most of us here don't know how much time sorting all of that out would actually take. They do. And if they believe that they need more time to get the expansion to a state where it's ready to come out, I actually trust them on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol, it's even main content of pre-patch.
    Cheers guys.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so could this potential be the longest prepatch?
    6 weeks ins't unheard of and they probably won't release in the second half of december, so it might be a week longer.. maybe. Maybe it'll be in the middle of november then it's still just 4 weeks. We will have to see.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's like 50k for a AoTC run now, so relatively cheap.

Finally catching up on the news. I'm not upset at the delay solely because I want an enjoyable expansion. At least we have a date for prepatch and while were stuck with BFA content for a bit longer just think of how nice it'll be to go into Shadowlands knowing it wasnt half assed and rushed out just to hit a target

So, what's your guess for the release date? I'm going with November 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Can you get AotC in 2 weeks (1 reset) if you're at around 350 ilvl right now? I want to get it on my fresh 120 DK and not my boring Paladin tank.

Legitimately and as a guildless player.
    If you buy a boost your ilvl won't matter.
    Without a boost? Not happening.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why is Oribos a mess?
    Maybe it’s just me, but it felt incredibly difficult to traverse, quite convoluted with NPCs and the whole >here you can mount and here you can’t< wasn’t visible or clear to me. It just felt really weird and confusing to me, but that might just be my perception of it (I’m sure you get used to it when you spend more time there, but it’s not as easily accessible as Boralus, Dalaran or most other capitals).

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I am catching up now, Shadowlands delayed. Not that I was calling it several weeks ago. I am glad it is. This expansion is clearly not ready yet.

People insisting that they won‘t delay Shadowlands must be shocked now...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

My guess is they're working with launching on November 10 (raids on December 1st), but obviously they don't want to announce anything after having just delayed.

Hey, maybe some more classes/specs will get a rework after all.
    “When I became a man I put away childish things,
    including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah. I have to assume this is just a delay to keep balancing but calling out endgame as something they're fixing has me worried. Because all the endgame influencers are still ranting about pulling the ripcord.
    Something could be lost, but I wont be mad if they do pull the Ripcord. Will still be a good game. I think that if they do, it will just be letting us change conduits freely, and adding a talent row for the covenant abilities. I expect Soulbinds to stay mostly the same. I want to pick a covenant for the theme, not for the ability anyways. Im on the fence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll remove Soul Conduits

I agree that Shadowlands will benefit from the delay in regards to more tuning/balancing/extra time to add rewards and secrets, but I DO NOT think it is unfinished content wise.

Anyone expecting a maw revamp or a covenant revamp is in for a rude awakening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I agree that Shadowlands will benefit from the delay in regards to more tuning/balancing/extra time to add rewards and secrets, but I DO NOT think it is unfinished content wise.

Anyone expecting a maw revamp or a covenant revamp is in for a rude awakening.
    Yeah, unlikely but who knows. I doubt they'll budge on covanents(Until after release)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The game isn't going to be made inherently worse if they pull the ripcord, but it'll be infinitely more generic/boring. Not boring enough to tank the expac WoD style but still disappointing.

I really doubt that's what they mean by endgame though, considering the "ability tuning" post they made just a few days ago.
    Honestly, a bit more class polish, making all covenant abilities decent for most situations, and making the Maw a bit more fun is all I want. Letting us change conduits around more often even if there is a 24 hour cd would be great too. Pulling the Ripcord might be easier for them to do though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah the Maw is weird but IDK if they have enough time to redesign the Maw without getting it pushed back to 2021. I think the Maw is probably always meant to be 9.1 content, like Karasang was in MoP.
    Idk, I don't think it needs that much? I doubt they add story content at launch. I don't think it needs it. Just add more rares, some actual world quests, and some more fun puzzles. Maybe add a DINO island-style grind for a few mounts? It just needs a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    6 weeks ins't unheard of and they probably won't release in the second half of december, so it might be a week longer.. maybe. Maybe it'll be in the middle of november then it's still just 4 weeks. We will have to see.
    No way middle of November. It’ll be early December, maybe even mid December when they’re sure there are no major issues. Then they can let the game cook and players level over the holidays and release the raid mid / end of January. Honestly, this would be my favored option. 2020, especially November, is a super busy month in video gaming.

They’d never delay it for just two weeks. That makes absolutely no sense. It’ll be at least 4 weeks to end of November, but let it be 6 to mid December and launch around Cataclysm‘s release date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No way middle of November. It’ll be early December, maybe even mid December when they’re sure there are no major issues. Then they can let the game cook and players level over the holidays and release the raid mid / end of January. Honestly, this would be my favored option. 2020, especially November, is a super busy month in video gaming.

They’d never delay it for just two weeks. That makes absolutely no sense. It’ll be at least 4 weeks to end of November, but let it be 6 to mid December and launch around Cataclysm‘s release date.
    They already have approval of community, now they could easily pull 8th December for release and 12th January for season 1 (which would give them lot of data and time to polish numbers for raid). Imo these are most probably dates (+- one week).

They already have approval of community, now they could easily pull 8th December for release and 12th January for season 1 (which would give them lot of data and time to polish numbers for raid). Imo these are most probably dates (+- one week).
    Yep, I agree, as I said in the predict-the-release-date thread.

November is just too convoluted with video games and I don’t see them delaying it for just 2-3 weeks. We have the bad news and now the date really doesn’t matter, a delay is a delay, e.g. take more time (not until February or March though, lol).

In my opinion it just makes the most sense to let people have a relaxed leveling experience over Christmas holidays and New Year’s Eve and start the raid and season one sometime in later January.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am okay with delay itself, im not okay with how this all was executed. God knows why they thought they gonna make it month ago, announcing release date. It makes me think the people who answers for such stuff as communicating between design departments and headquaters/marketing are totally incompetent. Amount of stuff fixed and balanced since release date announcement is relatively small, they should have seen back then that they are simply not gonna make it to 27 Oct, and just tell us 27 Nov or 27 Dec or other, more reasonable, date.
    Everyone would be fine with that. With this delay they show they want to make the game more ready, but also their incompetence and that the amount of problems behind the curtains may be way bigger than what we think. Its worrisome.

Can someone post that thing with all the expansion lengths from release date to prepatch? I think BFA is the longest expansion and will be even more so after this delay.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have new incentives, two items to counter bad RNG on sockes and conduits. People don't like Maw, cause it's not threatening place like Blizzard marketed.

As far I know Christmas is not cancelled, although their break may be shorter this year. Imo earliest they could launch raid after going back to work is 12th January.

December 8th is possible for launch. It would make timeframe similar to 8.1->Dazal'alor.
    But would people be okay waiting 5-6 weeks for the raid to open up? I dont know about that. Honestly maybe they should delay it until mid January at this point. If I were them I would have delayed the prepatch until early December with the expansion launching January 12th. 2.5 months of extra dev time could do a lot for the game. Thats long enoigh to make actual changes.