Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    i got 4x toons at lvl 60 on classic with pre-bis raid gear and 2 of them even have pre-bwl bis raid gear without much effort at all, just a few dungeons and some mc/ony/zg.

Classic is more alt friendly then BFA ever was.
    You've got to be kidding, the amount of time investment just to hit max level on classic vs. retail, I've been playing classic as well and have cleared all relevant content released, I could have leveled 10 120's in the time I've spent on 2 60's. Your average player is looking at 10 days played for 1-60 without following bleeding edge guides or min-maxing their leveling time. I could go 1-120 in 24 hours played. In the time it takes you to organize and do a strat dead run for a "chance" at a piece of pre-raid BIS I could slam out 5 mythic + runs and be fairly certain I'm getting multiple upgrades. This is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    nope they said it will be a collection, when you have x conduit at y ilvl, you dont have to refarm it, you "unlock" it and can reuse it anytime you want
    I was refering to this part:

"As with other items, you can experience big upgrades when replacing Conduits. If you have an iLvl 171 version of a Conduit, and you obtain an iLvl 213 version of that Conduit from a Mythic Keystone dungeon, you’ll take it to the Forge of Bonds and enjoy your nice upgrade."

Which kinda sounds like if you got a conduit from a dungeon at 171 and you want to upgrade it, you have to run the same dungeon over and over on higher levels hopinh for that 213 version. But I might be wrong.

It's funny how people claim it's easy to get your alt raidready in <2weeks and then state how they got carried through mythic raids...
    While that may be true, and yes, technically you might become raid ready like that, that says nothing about alt un-/friendliness though. a) not everyone has 19 other people who are willing to carry your underperforming fresh 120/60 alt b) in every addon wow had so far, you were able to get a lot of stuff with the dedicated help of your guild/raid/friends.
    What's changed though, is that there's mechanics in place, that force you to grind and to work for improvement, and are pretty much neverending. Much like greater rifts in D3 or an endless amount of ?-marks in a plethora of ubisoft titles by now(though those technically end, and still feel like an endless grind), they're designed to keep you working and striving towards a never-ending goal. I can't count the situations where friends or guildies would search for island expedition people tuesday afternoon/evening(in EU so shortly before reset) using the words "I still HAVE TO do islands, anyone up?".

Of course you get to 120 faster than to 60 back in the day, and yes m+ might yield faster upgrades at first. But in bfa you'd then have to do a m+15 and 3 island expeditions weekly, 4 world quests every day(preferably even chase every AP-giving quest on the map twice a day), daily go to mechagon, do quests there, daily go to nazjatar, do quests there, raid on normal and heroic at least, weekly do warfronts, collect benthic gear, upgrade benthic gear, minor assault, major assault, (while doing that kill every (or just the mount dropping) rare on the map for more ap, and spend 10-30 minutes waiting for a group that has the respective rare up), do the full war campaign for more ap, grind reputations even after exalted for more ap/cosmetic rewards, not to get started on corruptions. And you'd have to do that on every alt you wanted to be competitive with(alts with 2 essence slots unlocked, compared to 3 available were hardly ever taken unless with friends/guildies who'd carry your underperforming ass, see above).

In earlier addons, I could do koravon/archavon(ok that's only 1 addon, but still^^), weekly on my alt, maybe grind 1 reputation for a certain item I needed, and do dungeons until my ilvl allowed me to get into the current raid on normal-then heroic pugs and I felt as though my alts could reach the lvl(of healing or damage, of performance) my main was at with putting effort in it, WITHOUT feeling that my main would miss out on stuff compared to people who didn't use alts. That stopped with legion's terrible legendary system.

and no "then don't play alts if it bothers you so much" isn't a reasonable response to that. I DO want to play alts and I tend to put the ridicilous grind in, even though I hate it, and become burnt out quickly and detest it.
    Last edited by Grmmppff; 2020-09-30 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    I was refering to this part:

"As with other items, you can experience big upgrades when replacing Conduits. If you have an iLvl 171 version of a Conduit, and you obtain an iLvl 213 version of that Conduit from a Mythic Keystone dungeon, you’ll take it to the Forge of Bonds and enjoy your nice upgrade."

Which kinda sounds like if you got a conduit from a dungeon at 171 and you want to upgrade it, you have to run the same dungeon over and over on higher levels hopinh for that 213 version. But I might be wrong.
    let say the conduit is named "power conduit"
    if you drop power conduit level 171, you will can put it on, remove it, put it ..etc like you want
    if after you drop power conduit ilvl 213, the 171 is remplaced by the the 213
    before that it was one use, so you needed to farm a lot of them, its why people was crying abouyt that

blizzard just make them a kind of collectable item , when you drop one you keep it forever, no more one use only

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Raid ready is more than just ilvl now, are you dense?
    My bad, i thought common sense was a given, can't teach that. i guess my mage that was ilvl 455 in 1 day, with essences and not bad traits did around 50k dps cleared Heroic Ny no problem....so you're saying u CANT get raid ready in a day? are u just lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    My bad, i thought common sense was a given, can't teach that. i guess my mage that was ilvl 455 in 1 day, with essences and not bad traits did around 50k dps cleared Heroic Ny no problem....so you're saying u CANT get raid ready in a day? are u just lazy?
    I honestly don't believe you, and I doubt you can prove your insane statement. Link the log.