Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the pre patch is announced the 13th, but does this mean that this 100% won't be delayed by a week or even two, like shadowlands itself?
    I'm still skeptical.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    since the release date is now up in the air.
    so could this potential be the longest prepatch?
    I could say that "you should stop spreading false information. You end up....."....... but what the heck.....you could be correct! At this point just stock up on the popcorn. Maybe this will be the first pre patch with patches. A whole pre patch of new raids and ...........or just get more popcorn. Yeah....that's the ticket!
    Stay safe and have fun!
    Last edited by Metrox; 2020-10-01 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    since the release date is now up in the air.
    so could this potential be the longest prepatch?
    Will be interesting to see, iirc there's a lot of games coming out in the next couple months. I don't imagine they want to try and compete with cyberpunk, figure they were probably trying to beat it with the original release date.

BUT I don't imagine they'll want to postpone it all the way into late december either so.... iono.

Based on that recent reddit post the longest prepatch was 56 days, which I'd be surprised if we see a repeat of that.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    SL getting delayed is not a big surprise. I think most people assumed there was a high chance of it considering covid.
    The delay has ZERO to do with Covid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I mean, Blizzard CAN'T have been working at the same pace they would have been without the pandemic.

Shadowlands is one of the most intricate expansions we’ve yet created, and while we’ve made great progress, the challenge of tuning the endgame was compounded by the team having to work from home.
    The Executive Producer of the game disagrees with you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound Bloodhound View Post
    Yeah since we thought prepatch would be this week, allowing for 4 weeks between patch and expansion, it now being 2 weeks later than we assumed means the expansion as well might just release 2 weeks later. I mean if the expansion was pushed back much farther, they probably would have gone and pushed back the prepatch as well. Mid-november might be a good guess for Shadowlands. Wrath of the Lich King released November 13th. The prepatch is October 13th. So maybe November 10th/11th for Shadowlands?
    I think if we were just looking at a 2 week delay they ultimately would have given a time.

If they felt that they needed just a couple more weeks, they would have just announced that. If they felt they needed 2-3 more weeks they would have given a time frame 4 weeks after for example.

The fact they haven't given a date to me indicates that the expansion is being delayed for more than a month.

I said it before it was announced and I will say it again, I truly believe the best time to launch for Blizzard would be December 8th, with the raid opening on January 5th.

Also they've stated that the pre-patch is going live without the event, if it was just a small delay I doubt that would have resulted in no event, they'd just let the event get an extra 2 weeks or so of limbo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a job? Covid is factoring into everything.

I don't think it would be fair to say that it's solely to blame for this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    The Executive Producer of the game disagrees with you
    And they took care of those issues at the start. He is talking about the entire development process there. Covid had nothing to do with the delay now as the work at home issues were already addressed months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Do you have a job? Covid is factoring into everything.

I don't think it would be fair to say that it's solely to blame for this though.
    I do have a job. My job has continued on the same way the entire time. The only thing Covid changed was mask wearing and we started that back in April. We have been humming along as before since.

And they took care of those issues at the start. He is talking about the entire development process there. Covid had nothing to do with the delay now as the work at home issues were already addressed months ago.
    Shadowlands is one of the most intricate expansions we’ve yet created, and while we’ve made great progress, the challenge of tuning the endgame was compounded by the team having to work from home.
    So the Executive Producer is just confused?

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's to hoping for 11/17. If it was going to go into December (or, God forbid, beyond) I feel like we wouldn't be getting the pre-patch in 2 weeks. It seems like it would have been safer at that point to just delay everything. The release candidate went back to Test and then back to release again, so while Blizz obviously needs more time, it just doesn't feel like they think they need over 2 months (and I agree that at least as far as November is concerned, 11/3 and 11/10 are likely too soon, and 11/24 is too late).

I've read the arguing about whether pre-patch should be 2 weeks or 3 weeks or 4 ... so do people really think it's likely to be 8 or 9??

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    No pre patch has ever been shorter than 4 weeks. 29th 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Brewfest doesn't matter. SL is dropping during the Halloween event.
    luckily this one will be no different with the new delay LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    this one is a good laugh now...
    Yep. I was wrong. The 1% chance thing happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    Looks like I was right
    Nah, still think they wont delay it. Its troll blog post.

Joking. Ofc. You were right and I was wrong. As I said, the 1% percent thing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    From what I reckon they probably listened to NVIDIA telling them "dude we are out of stock for 3080 stop the launch stop the launch".

Now if I also see a delay in Cyberpunk launch I will know I was right even though Cyberpunk has a month's leeway.

I think the delay is mostly because many people are building new pc as we speak.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said earlier: The 3080/3090 shortage + bignavi + 3070 etc put a stop to it. These companies work together so it makes sense, push people to get their new cards new rigs etc then launch wow. Otherwise when you see you can run the expansion on a toaster you won't feel the need to upgrade.
    lol what?

They aren't going to delay a game due to hardware ... especially hardware that's not even remotely close to required to play the game.

I do have a job. My job has continued on the same way the entire time. The only thing Covid changed was mask wearing and we started that back in April. We have been humming along as before since.
    Meanwhile, Blizzard Devs are developing a whole expansion from their homes, something that I'm sure they never did before, and I'm sure it's a lot more impactful than just wearing a mask.

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you. Blizzard is a different company. They have decided to do a little more than just throw on some masks, so their process might be just a tiny bit different than yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    From what I reckon they probably listened to NVIDIA telling them "dude we are out of stock for 3080 stop the launch stop the launch".

Now if I also see a delay in Cyberpunk launch I will know I was right even though Cyberpunk has a month's leeway.

I think the delay is mostly because many people are building new pc as we speak.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said earlier: The 3080/3090 shortage + bignavi + 3070 etc put a stop to it. These companies work together so it makes sense, push people to get their new cards new rigs etc then launch wow. Otherwise when you see you can run the expansion on a toaster you won't feel the need to upgrade.
    No. Just... Just no.

There just aren't enough words to describe how wrong you are. Nobody is buying the latest and greatest computer hardware to play World of Warcraft. Why would they? The game runs fine on years old hardware. What's this expansion really adding that the mainstream gamer would care about?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Unless you work for Blizzard, you do not know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They already gave a 2 week warning. Last monday.
    the 0.9% chance wins! two weeks after the two week notice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    luckily this one will be no different with the new delay LOL
    Ya never know we could go from looking at the shortest prepatch in wow history to having the longest.