Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post

Pretty much a list of Bush Officials who were ticked off that Jeb didnt get elected and have Hated Trump since before he was elected. Also the majority of them have been labeled as RINOs since well before Trump was in office so it doesnt surprise me. They are exactly the swamp creatures we wanted to get rid of. Now if we could only get rid of the Loch Ness Monsters of the Swamp
    rather predictable the excuse for the overwhelming amount of republican security/military/former administrators supporting Biden is, "doesn't matter they are just RINOs anyhow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

So Trump just signed an E.O. --

"Ah, surely to work on vaccines or PPE."

--to help the mining industry.

The E.O. spells out the National Security Lol is China could cut off its sales of rare earth minerals any second.

"Oh, when did they do that?"

They haven't.

"But they announced they would?"

No.

Basically, Trump is doing more Trump stuff. One, the E.O. is basically "Do Something!" signed in Sharpie, with an announcement of policy and "prepare to..." language. Two, it's use of emergency powers for something that's not an emergency. Three, it's yet another admission his trade war on China has failed, by using an effective declaration that China is a security risk. And I guess I can throw in four, he's throwing yet another promise to miners in a way that seems to have zero effect because it's purely a policy announcement.

They're called rare earth minerals. The US just doesn't have that many. This isn't coal which I guess we stil have a decent amount of, but nobody wants to buy. This is trying to frack blood from a stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm.

So Trump just signed an E.O. --

"Ah, surely to work on vaccines or PPE."

--to help the mining industry.

The E.O. spells out the National Security Lol is China could cut off its sales of rare earth minerals any second.

"Oh, when did they do that?"

They haven't.

"But they announced they would?"

No.

Basically, Trump is doing more Trump stuff. One, the E.O. is basically "Do Something!" signed in Sharpie, with an announcement of policy and "prepare to..." language. Two, it's use of emergency powers for something that's not an emergency. Three, it's yet another admission his trade war on China has failed, by using an effective declaration that China is a security risk. And I guess I can throw in four, he's throwing yet another promise to miners in a way that seems to have zero effect because it's purely a policy announcement.

They're called rare earth minerals. The US just doesn't have that many. This isn't coal which I guess we stil have a decent amount of, but nobody wants to buy. This is trying to frack blood from a stone.
    Arent most rare earth minerals located in Asia?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    China was the most by a LOT. I didn't know it either but apparently the US has 1 mine in California.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Rare Earth Minerals are apparently quite common. The catch is that they don't normally occur in high enough concentrations to mine easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you know how I feel about leading questions!

According to this list from 2018 the US is the seventh in line. Brazil is second. Everyone else is Asia. Incidentally, to put it in perspective, the list claims China has 44 MT of the stuff and we have 1.4 MT.

Whilel I am of the opinion that any industry could move faster if pressured, the question is "why"? Until recently there was discussion about China ruling over this market, but nothing along the lines of a National Security Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Schumer introduced a bill in the Senate, one that would stop Trump's lawsuit to stop the ACA.

It only got 51 votes, meaning that 5 GOP Senators voted against the Party of Trump. All 5 are up for re-election.

Schumer's ploy worked. The Party of Trump Senators are now on permanent, public record voting to end pre-existing conditions.

According to this list from 2018 the US is the seventh in line. Brazil is second. Everyone else is Asia. Incidentally, to put it in perspective, the list claims China has 44 MT of the stuff and we have 1.4 MT.

Whilel I am of the opinion that any industry could move faster if pressured, the question is "why"? Until recently there was discussion about China ruling over this market, but nothing along the lines of a National Security Lol.
    I mean, i remember this because it was a side plot in BO2. You know... a fucking game. I have more information pertaining policy about said rare earth minerals than the POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    China was the most by a LOT. I didn't know it either but apparently the US has 1 mine in California.
    Yep. Mountain Pass mine in Mojave Desert. Pre 2015 they send their cuttings to China for processing. Starting 2016, they were able to process and refine the minerals onsite.

- - - Updated - - -

Schumer introduced a bill in the Senate, one that would stop Trump's lawsuit to stop the ACA.

It only got 51 votes, meaning that 5 GOP Senators voted against the Party of Trump. All 5 are up for re-election.

Schumer's ploy worked. The Party of Trump Senators are now on permanent, public record voting to end pre-existing conditions.
    Don't all the votes to repeal the ACA count for that aswell?

They are on record like a 100 times already
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, you could just admit that you hate democracy.
    I hate democracy.

Democracy leads to trumps

Democracy leads to hittlers

Its just the least terrible way of government, when I here Americans bleat on about how perfect democracy is, my piss boils, because that's the mentality that kills a democracy, the ONE thing you always need to remember in democracy is democracy is dangerous and its each of our responsibility to police it.

You should not love democracy blindly, you should respect it and be wary of it.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-10-01 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    ohh getting closer and closer to winning back my money when he refuses the next debate'

come on snake eyes!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    come on snake eyes!!
    He was also known for his 80s fashion sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I don't see Trump refusing a rule change as a bad thing. The only people the debates will sway is the relatively small (but important) undecided people. I'd imagine many of those looked at the first debate and just thought "what the actual fuck?" and decided not to vote for him.

I know theres those who believe - or claim to believe - that Trump aced it and "showed strength" but he was literally the internetfuckwad meme in the flesh. Insulting someones dead son doesn't attract people to vote for you.

Jacob Wohl finally gonna eat some jail time for the robocalls.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michig...eme?ref=author

if he got 20+ years it would be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump, on the defensive in key battlegrounds like Alterac Valley, pla...in key battleground states like Wiscosin, will handle the issue the only way he knows how.

With rallies. Big, full rallies of densely-packed people who generally oppose masks.

"Isn't Wisconsin spiking?"

Ah, someone's been watching @Benggaul I see. Yes, Wisconsin is setting records.

Earlier this week, Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D) and both mayors of La Crosse and Green Bay called on the president to cancel the rallies as the state was dealing with a spike in COVID-19 and hospitalizations.

When asked about the potential change in the Trump campaign’s rally plans during a news briefing, Evers said he had not heard the report but hoped it was the case.

“Both La Crosse and Green Bay are two of the hottest hot spots in the state and the nation and it makes no sense to me that President Trump come for his campaign events,” Evers said during a news briefing Thursday.

“I know his rallies are held outside, partially outside in some cases, if he does come, please insist that people wear a mask and don’t allow them into your rally unless they have a mask and continue to wear a mask, he can control this,” Evers said.

Trump’s scheduled visit to Wisconsin comes as 45 of 72 counties are reporting more than 350 cases per 100,000 residents. State health officials on Thursday reported 2,887 new cases, bringing the total number of cases to 125,161. The seven-day average of new infections is 2,405, up from 727 just one month ago.

Wisconsin on Wednesday reported 27 new deaths, topping the previous record of 22 in a single day recorded on May 27 and bringing the total to 1,348 deaths.
    I wonder which of Trump's allies will die this time? I'm also kind of curious to hear him tell the fastest increasing state that this is a hoax and will be gone by April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't see Trump refusing a rule change as a bad thing.
    1) Trump tried to change the rules himself based on fiction. It would therefore be hypocrisy to refuse a rule change based on evidence of Trump's actions.

2) The rules already said no interruptions. Preventing interruptions entirely is not changing the rules. It is enforcing the rules.

3) Nobody believes Trump won. Some people are just pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I hate democracy.

Democracy leads to trumps

Democracy leads to hittlers
    Neither Trump nor Hitler was elected democratically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Neither Trump nor Hitler was elected democratically.
    A democratically elected government instituted the processes the led both to rise to power.

He's right, and so was Churchill:

"Democracy is the worst form if government, except for all the others."

Democracy is powerful, and it's the only way that people can have a voice in government. It is therefore beholden on people to be informed about what they're voting for, and to fully understand the implications of their decisions, and to actually take part in the process at all levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    (cites an outlier)
    (responds with 538)

Trump's composite approval is almost 44%.

Also, 538 showed that Trump is behind every single President since WWII who got re-elected. He's behind Nixon for obvious reasons (Nixon hadn't been caught yet) the most, but behind Obama, behind Reagan, Behind even W. Good news -- he is ahead of Carter!

We've also reached the point where approval rating, while it's still embarrassing to say how low Trump's is, isn't the only feature anymore. It's how far he's behind Biden. Biden widened the aggregate to 7% in June and never looked back. And what few polls we have after the debate have had wider gaps.

But hey, at least you didn't cite Rasmussen.

(responds with 538)

Trump's composite approval is almost 44%.

Also, 538 showed that Trump is behind every single President since WWII who got re-elected. He's behind Nixon for obvious reasons (Nixon hadn't been caught yet) the most, but behind Obama, behind Reagan, Behind even W. Good news -- he is ahead of Carter!

We've also reached the point where approval rating, while it's still embarrassing to say how low Trump's is, isn't the only feature anymore. It's how far he's behind Biden. Biden widened the aggregate to 7% in June and never looked back. And what few polls we have after the debate have had wider gaps.

But hey, at least you didn't cite Rasmussen.
    Well... You know that Rasmussen isnt being friendly to him last poll

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... You know that Rasmussen isnt being friendly to him last poll
    Well the one they just released was 49%. Of course, for a place that likes to be the only one cracking 50%, this still isn't great.

It helped Obama when he was re-elected that his opponent was weak. Trump does not have that advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

South Dakota just had its highest death toll ever. 13, which sounds low, but SD hasn't broken a million yet. Scaled up to NY's population, it'd be well over 300, and would therefore raise the US death count by like 30%.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey remember when Trump said there were very fine people on both sides and the creator of Dilbert defended him?

I remember it like I'm citing an article on the subject.

I mean, my favorite example is Charlottesville. When there was a protest about pro- and anti-statues and the president said that there were fine people on both sides, that was reported as he says there were fine people in the racist group, you know, the white supremacists.”

That wasn’t really the context. The context was pro-statue, anti-statue.

He probably could have been a little more clear with the language he used
    Ah, good times, good times...so, how's he feel about the debate?

He botched it. It was a layup. It was free money sitting on the f---ing table and he left it there, and he left me on that table, too. He left me just exposed.

He lost my vote. Can he get it back? Yeah, all he’d have to do is fix that.
    @Endus probably appreciates that language.

To be fair, according to his twitter feed he is voting for Trump because announcing he wouldn't "made Democrats hate him more". No, I think that ship sailed when he defended a Nazi sympathizer. This isn't like an Army or FBI official who sighed and stared at his shoes while Trump made false claim after bad move. This is someone who went out of his way to say "hold on, hold on, let him finish" and then...he finished.

Adams basically said "I was just following orders" just before the trapdoor snapped open.