Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Quite literally wrong. Activision and Blizzard are two separate companies co-existing under the same roof. That roof is called Activision-Blizzard. So, no. Actvision does not literally own Blizzard. Blizzard makes it's own decisions relating to it's IP's while Activision makes decisions on it's IP's.
    Blizzard Entertainment is a subsidiary of Activision. Which means they are a subordinate and have to follow Activision's orders. Are you not aware of what a subsidiary is?

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying it's going to be a 2021 release can't read can they.

I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year
    Also those claiming Shadowlands is "far from ready"

Over the past several months of testing, we’ve made significant progress iterating on and polishing the core features and gameplay of Shadowlands. We’re at a point where the zones, the campaign, the level-up questing experience, and the story we have to tell are essentially ready to share.
    However, as everything started coming together and we’ve been listening to and building upon your feedback, it’s become clear we need a little more time for additional polish, and to balance and iterate on some interlocking pieces—particularly those related to the endgame.
    And as someone whos played the beta extensively, besides the balance and bug issues that do need polishing the rest is most definitely good to go.

The delay is unfortunate but November is such a packed month that I don't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Blizzard Entertainment is a subsidiary of Activision. Which means they are a subordinate and have to follow Activision's orders. Are you not aware of what a subsidiary is?
    Again, wrong. Blizzard Entertainment is a subsidiary of Activision-Blizzard. Activision is a subsidiary of Activision-Blizzard. Blizzard's CEO is J. Allen Brack. Activision's CEO is Eric Hirshberg. Two separate companies under one roof by the name of Activision-Blizzard. Hrishberg does not make decisions for Blizzard and Brack doesn't make decisions for Activision. SO, again, Activision does not own Blizzard.

I'll be damned, I was right.

Kinda hoping it's in December now. With Cyberpunk coming in mid November(knock on wood)

I have been in beata and I can say this is absolutely false. It is far more ready than you claim.
    Would be awesome if they pushed it back to Mai or later. I want Blizz quality again.

Highly disappointed. Not because it is delayed, but the timing and why. I just last week put in to change my vacation for the year because my trips I had planned over a year in advance got canceled. Now, I am scheduled to take vacation time to play an expansion that is not releasing. You waiting so late to announce this delay absolutely sucks.

And because of end game? You've had feedback from the beginning covenants were a bad idea. You can polish a turd all you want, it is still a turd. I would rather you just release the expansion as planned and hold off on the arena season and the raids while you balance. And Blizzard has an absolutely abysmal track record with balance because you release patches at intervals incapable of the reaction time necessary to provide meaningful balance. The player meta shifts faster than your developers can react.

Now thanks to incompetent handling I am once again stuck with vacation time and nothing to do with it besides sit around my home. Hopefully you use this time to introduce a lot more than balancing adjustments and actually have a plethora of content for when your expac actually does release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    lmao they most certainly do not. If Activision told Blizzard to release Shadowlands next week, Blizzard would have to comply. Because Activision quite literally owns them.
    You are so extremly wrong but please continue, the nonsense is quite hillarious.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

There is NO reason for delay if they don't pull ripcord.

Best news all week. What a relief.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with this. We're now getting a less buggy game, after all

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Of course, I figured the lockdown would hurt my employer, too. It hasn't. We're making money hand over fist...
    There are other ways to be affected than just the money part. Congrats on not experiencing what so many others have in this pandemic though.

Quote: ... while we’ve made great progress, the challenge of tuning the endgame was compounded by the team having to work from home.

Tbh I think some people wouldn't mind a full on pitchfork display. Which that basically means is it would be a bad launch and bad impression of the game. They tend to say that bad news/publicity sells better than positive.

I don't want to see an angry mob. I don't want to see World of Warcraft get butchered. Blizzard has already been fighting such bad press for a couple years now... I don't know how much more it could withhold and maybe someone else actually took that into consideration. (Warcraft 3 Reforged was not as fortunate) As I have no idea the individuals who came to this decision to delay, but I feel like it was the correct decision.

If the teams that are working on it are saying it's not complete and any spare time would appreciated. Or they feel something is lacking. I don't think they would be lying about this. It would make them look incompetent and incredible bad PR again for the company if the expansion is a mess. So no I don't think they would try and do this intentionally. So whoever gave the ok to delay. Was really looking out for the benefit of all. Employees, Customers and the Company. So it is the correct move.

I'm not sure how long it will be delayed for...

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    People are expecting huge changes, but literally in the post they talk about how they need more time to "tune the end game" I'd expect 2-5 week delay at most, specially since they're releasing the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    The funniest part is the fact that people think this delay will actually make SL Godlike.

It's gonna be unbalanced trash like always LOL.
    Aw, look at the crybaby fat fuck. Don't play then? lel

10+ Year Old Account
    It is off the table. He took it off the table by saying "later this year". It will be a PR fiasco if they do not get it out this year.
    Ah yes a public relations fiasco. That stopped being a thing they worried about years ago dude. Warcraft Reforged was proof of that. Biggest shit show I’ve seen by such a respected company.

The release date was forced, then there are killer releases, now it will be interesting to see the initial sales, do they still publish them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Delaying such an expansion release should be expected outcome and something I am glad they are willingly to do. In case people have forgotten were in the middle of a Pandemic and if I had to chose between rushing a release or delay a game I would chose delaying every time

We also have holidays coming up so even if its moved to 2021 so be it.
    The announed a release date long after the pandemic began and while it was already established that this year is compromised and a lot of wfh will happen so they can't really call pandemic as the reason, the reason is incompetence and greed. They fucked up warcraft refunded with no pandemic.
    Now, october, november .. doesn't really matter, but can't imagine how it will be a few weeks after launch when they'll once again not get balancing right, despite delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They've had such bad PR this year, I don't see them wanting to take another hit when employees start complaining about their vacations being cut short or canceled.

Plus, they're still releasing prepatch which kind of points to them thinking they won't be delaying excessively.
    Plus Mike Morhaime's company is literally down the street. I bet Blizzard is feeling the heat to try to retain their good employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Tbh I think some people wouldn't mind a full on pitchfork display. Which that basically means is it would be a bad launch and bad impression of the game. They tend to say that bad news/publicity sells better than positive.

I don't want to see an angry mob. I don't want to see World of Warcraft get butchered. Blizzard has already been fighting such bad press for a couple years now... I don't know how much more it could withhold and maybe someone else actually took that into consideration. (Warcraft 3 Reforged was not as fortunate) As I have no idea the individuals who came to this decision to delay, but I feel like it was the correct decision.

If the teams that are working on it are saying it's not complete and any spare time would appreciated. Or they feel something is lacking. I don't think they would be lying about this. It would make them look incompetent and incredible bad PR again for the company if the expansion is a mess. So no I don't think they would try and do this intentionally. So whoever gave the ok to delay. Was really looking out for the benefit of all. Employees, Customers and the Company. So it is the correct move.

They already ahve a long history of looking incompetent. Nothing they do now is going to change that. And they weren't lopking out for anyone. All they care about is the bottom line. period.