Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    With all the bad shit that's happened to everyone's plans this year, do you really think your issue is the greatest concern, to anyone? So you planned on taking time off to play a video game non stop, maybe use that time to do something else if you can't reschedule it. At least you have a job and time off, be happy about that this year. Some people...
    Did you really just use the "REEEE AT LEAST YOU GOT A JOB!!!" "argument"?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

great decision
    end game systems arent complete
    hopefully it avoids a situation where the game isnt complete until 8.2 like bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I knew it. Where are all the " it will never be delayed" blizzard white knights
    I am still here. Admitting I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I have been in beata and I can say this is absolutely false. It is far more ready than you claim.
    Thats not what I have been hearing from a lot of the testers...

Tinfoil hat time but the launch date could have always been fake. Plenty of people resubbed for the last month of BFA just to wrap things up and prep for expansion, give it some momentum.

I personally received an email stating "LAST CHANCE AT BFA STUFF!!!! PREORDER SHADOWLANDS FOR MAX LEVEL" etc. And almost exactly 1 month after pushing that marketing campaign, they announce the "sike, delay!" Didn't resub because I heard that Shadowlands is essentially the worst iteration on their legion/bfa grind, but my friends all did and they didn't need to play more than a month to get their fill of BFA.

The hilarious side of it is that 1 month was enough time for my friend to play casually, exalt all the factions, get everything they wanted, and cruise through heroic raids.

All of the time gated stuff was boring/pointless (like repeating the cloak scenario over and over just because gating) and if you're not into progression... nothing lost.

Years of a stretched-out game efficiently experienced in a month with an exp/rep boost and it still managed to be a bit tedious due to the horrid systems in the game.

I for one am very happy about the delay because I just knew that Shadowlands launch would somehow screw up my favorite holiday event - Hallow's End

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What core issues are you talking about?

I leveled 3 chars to 60 just fine. Biggest bug I encountered was my quest dude was stuck at a rooftop and I had to decline and accept the quest again.
    Didn't you hear recently people got their characters rollbacked to years ago? They´re dealing with insane databases and are probably migrating the servers right now, some technical issue might have appeared. It's not just about what you play in your screen.

I will refund that garbage!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.” -Shigeru Miyamoto
    There's actually no evidence he ever said that. Besides someone on the Internet, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I have been in beata and I can say this is absolutely false. It is far more ready than you claim.
    Literally yesterday a large number of abilities are not working at all for many classes.

The actual system itself is broken in that they know how horribly confining it is, but if they open it up, it becomes a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge money/timesink.

They've also been pinned on the fact that all of their "world first" raiders paid real life $ to get gold, to manipulate their systems in the race. Systems that were basically built to act as gates but instead could be bypassed with enough cash. People respeccing traits for millions of gold, for example.

This "new system" was clearly another one of those except people in beta are flat out not having it. Even how radically it's changed in the last month and a half is proof they don't know what they're doing.

All of this choice is going to flat out cause people to ragequit when something gets nerfed or "rebalanced" that is an expensive, major shift in meta.

I'm cynical enough to think that this elite player is not their audience, and that the casuals don't care. Personally I didn't subject myself to the idiocy that was azerite traits at launch. They lost a ton of my sub time because I did not care about that system on top of how silly the story was. I would have resubbed just to wrap it up, but everything I experienced in beta basically confirmed for me that SL would be the first wow expansion I would not play.

And then my friends that did resub did the entire expansion in a few weeks... and they avoided most all of the grinds/sinks without a problem. How long ago did BFA come out? It's a bit silly that years of an entire expansion can be experienced and still feel vapid in 3 weeks.

SL is 100% that all over again. They've made massive changes to how things work, but really they just need to realize that the systems do not work at all, and the second someone feels inferior due to a choice/nerf it's over.

Serious question do people really take vacation time when a new WoW expansion is released?

I can't even comprehend anyone actually doing that.

The expansion will be here for 2 years, what's the big fire and rush? Just go outside, be with family or friends. Watch The Mandalorian season 2 and Star Trek Discovery season 3 in the meantime.

Plus, playing at launch means super crowded, with wait times, and quest hubs packed, and sometimes major first week bugs that need to be patched. I'd much rather wait to play it after the dust settles.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-10-02 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question do people really take vacation time when a new WoW expansion is released?

The expansion will be here for 2 years, what's the big fire and rush? Just go outside, be with family or friends. Watch The Mandalorian season 2 and Star Trek Discovery season 3 in the meantime.
    You can't comprehend people taking time off to enjoy their hobby? Sounds like a problem with your imagination.

Never mind that wow itself launched November 23... it was basically founded around people taking time off to play

Quote Originally Posted by Gherothar View Post
    There's actually no evidence he ever said that. Besides someone on the Internet, of course.
    Actually he did say lmao like literately in an interview

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

Plus, playing at launch means super crowded, with wait times, and quest hubs packed, and sometimes major first week bugs that need to be patched. I'd much rather wait to play it after the dust settles.
    I wasnt planning on this expan, but because of COVID I cant do my normal Vacation stuff. So I though why the hell not.
    Also some people want to get to cap quickly to get ready for raiding

Eh, fine. I can wait, I think... Cities Skylines must've release something since I stopped playing it.
    And now they can fine tune whatever it is that's been having people up in arms about the whole expansion, so yay.

Unexpected. Hopefully they make the most out of this time.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    You can't comprehend people taking time off to enjoy their hobby? Sounds like a problem with your imagination.

Never mind that wow itself launched November 23... it was basically founded around people taking time off to play
    I always take a week or two for expansions because it’s kind of tradition.
    I love the launches because the world is alive, lots of people running around, you get to explore stuff. It’s fun.
    Why wouldn’t I take holiday to have fun?

Anyone know if the Pre-Patch will remove the neck, essences, and azerite traits?

It's funny because usually people are so unhappy with delays! And now everyone is celebrating that they're taking more time to polish off what is obviously not ready for release! I was hoping October 6 for prepatch, but I can totally live with 13th, and respect this decision. I'm glad someone at Activision Blizzard is paying attention to the community again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It would be gredy to push out a buggy game to meet a quota. You can cry about a buggy release or cry about having to wait, but when you do both your just a child throwing a tantrum. Also the pandemic is til on going and in my work it has caused several delays. Sorry 1st world problems like this are nothing to get upset over.
    I would have taken buggy over a delay, but beta didn't look any more buggy to me than Legion or BfA beta.

Heard someone say though, that they're doing it to fix 2 castle nathria bosses that they can't figure out how to make fun (kae'thas and the dance fight)